Denny Searcy

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody out there remember the guys name who staked denny searcy in charlotte nc in the 80s.he had a little joint with 1 gold crown. I went there with Billy Johnson when they matched up.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim ,,Billy used your Szamboti sneeky pete for awhile in that match I remember. There was a brawl about half way through that match, up near the front of the room and Harry got between the two going at it , to make it stop.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Yeah, I played em up stairs on Market St. 1970, the room will all the glass/tiled mirrored walls. Also played in the other upstairs room on Market St., where you need to be let in, via a counter man who would then open the door and let you in.

rh1919

Registered
Yeah, I played em up stairs on Market St. 1970, the room will all the glass/tiled mirrored walls. Also played in the other upstairs room on Market St., where you need to be let in, via a counter man who would then open the door and let you in.
There's a Market Street in Greensboro. Back in the day, more action too.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
There's a Market Street in Greensboro. Back in the day, more action too.
I'm sure SF and Greensboro, were quite different animals in that decade. This was before the Bart, and I remember vividly on the end of market street, away from the Bay, there was a 24 hr restaurant, similar to a Dennys, but NOT. I walked in there after playing late, about 3am an it was a One of a kind joint. Was like going into the bar on the movie Star Wars. But the menu was all sexual wording, and they were Packed. The way those men/women dressed was quite a sight. I lived on Laguna off of VanNess and used to tend bar at the Classic Fern Bar, Henry Africas.

Last edited: