What Is A Good "For Sale" Price?

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Guys. I'm considering selling my 9' Diamond Table (Smart Table) and simply trying to find out what is a good asking price? Not considering what I paid for it :eek:, but moreso what it should be worth with today's market.

It is 8 months old (bought last July) and I actually bought it from Diamond themselves and had Diamond deliver and set it up. I simply play more on the Valley BarBox. Not to say that I don't enjoy the table, but I enjoy playtime on the barbox more. O.K. yeah, I admit, the balls go in easier :p.

The table cloth is still in good condition and I only say good because I've spent a lot of practice time on it. So yes, it has burn marks from the breaks, cue skid marks (no tears though with just the lines still in the cloth), jump shot recessions, the one ball spot is a little depressed, and one spot repaired from a tooooo aggressive jump shot (doesn't affect roll unless the ball is rolling extremely slow). If I keep it I was simply going to replace the cloth with Blue 760 Simonis again anyway. Again, nice table.

There isn't a nic on the wood anywhere because it always stays covered when not being played on. Simply replace the cloth and you're good to go.

So, what should be a good asking price before I actually put it on the market?

Thanks

flip

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
if you really dont have a price, you could always just gift it to me !!!! JK LOL

good luck with your sale !

Steve

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Diamond Price

A local club/small poolhall owner recently sold one of his 9ft Pro Ams. He got it after it was used in a BCA tournament. A few years old, but in very good condition. I was told he got $3200 for it.

HTH

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
A local club/small poolhall owner recently sold one of his 9ft Pro Ams. He got it after it was used in a BCA tournament. A few years old, but in very good condition. I was told he got $3200 for it.

HTH

Thanks friend for the info. O.K. well, that's what I'll try and sell mine for as I'm considering the option that my table is probably wayyyyyyyyyyy nicer and cleaner than some pool hall owner's table.

I'm quite confident because after every time I played on it, I always brushed the table down good to minimize chalk build-up and bi-weekly cleaned the table with a damp cloth to keep it looking good. You still can tell though that I have played on it a lot. I would still change the cloth as a recommendation if anyone is interested. Plus that's what I'm going to do anyway if it doesn't sell soon.

Thanks Again

First $3,200.00 takes it and it comes with original pool balls that was delivered along with the rack.

flip

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
So it is the coin op smart table and not the proam? Also, where is it located?

Hi. No, it is not coin-op. It is the Brown Smart Table where all the balls run to one end to include the cue ball. Coin-op not required in my personal man-cave :grin-square:. Table is located in Michigan and comes with the balls and rack.

Thanks

flip

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. No, it is not coin-op. It is the Brown Smart Table where all the balls run to one end to include the cue ball. Coin-op not required in my personal man-cave :grin-square:. Table is located in Michigan and comes with the balls and rack.

Thanks

flip

Oh, okay, that is what I have too. It sounds like you have the "proam" model. The "smart table" model is worth quite a bit more because of the coin op and cue ball catching stuff.

nvichie

Registered
Is this a one piece slate or three piece slate? Also are these pro cut pockets or are they the regular cut? I live in Chicago and would be really interested. If it's a 3 piece, how much for delivery and install?

Last edited:

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Is this a one piece slate or three piece slate? Also are these pro cut pockets or are they the regular cut? I live in Chicago and would be really interested. If it's a 3 piece, how much for delivery and install?

I wasn't aware anyone did 1-piece slates anymore. Those things are mothers to move, but play way better than 3-piece.

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Diamond Pro-Am 1 piece slate table and package from a poster here about 8 months back.

Table, balls, cue rack, chairs. Diamond Pro-am with the tight pockets about 6 hours of play.

We got it for 5K which I thought was a steal.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=161159&highlight=Diamond+Scranton

And yes they are a bugger to move, Diamond has a schematic of a cart they use to strap to the side of the table. Once you get that bad boy attached you can stand the table up on its side and just roll it around. Without the cart you have no chance!!!! Setup is a breeze.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Diamond Pro-Am 1 piece slate table and package from a poster here about 8 months back.

Table, balls, cue rack, chairs. Diamond Pro-am with the tight pockets about 6 hours of play.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=161159&highlight=Diamond+Scranton

And yes they are a bugger to move, Diamond has a schematic of a cart they use to strap to the side of the table. Once you get that bad boy attached you can stand the table up on its side and just roll it around. Without the cart you have no chance!!!! Setup is a breeze.

Good luck with the sale.

I also just recently purchased one of these tables from another poster on here. It is still on the cart in the living room! I paid $4,000 and got the Diamond light, balls, 2 chairs, and delivery included. I thought it was a great price! The table is in excellent condition.

I think if you sold it for $3200, with no light or delivery, you would be doing just fine for yourself.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it it is a used table and the warranty may not be the same as for the original owner and all the accesories are now used. with both those things lost about half of its new value goes out the window. then subtract the cost of the new owner moving it, setting it up professionally, and getting new cloth. i personally never would pay more than one third of its new cost.

teaz01

Unabashed Basher
Silver Member
Hi,
I know that the Diamond Smart Tables have a great reputation and are highly desirable. $3200 on a $6500 item seems reasonable to me.
Good luck, T.

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hi there. The table has a one-piece slate with regular pcokets. I didn't specifically ask for pro-cut, so they must be regular.

I wasn't aware anyone did 1-piece slates anymore. Those things are mothers to move, but play way better than 3-piece.

Yep, definitely one-peice because I had to help Diamond set this freaking thing up. Somehow I feel cheated because I had to hold most of the weight trying to get it setup. I think he tricked me :smile:. Plays dorn good also, but for some reason, that bottom right corner pockets doesn't allow balls to go in easily - another joke:cool:.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. Yep, I watched the guy set this up in the man-cave but I had to help him because he needed help. Yes, it came professionally packed to a boom he had in the truck that ratched down to the ground and was loaded on a dolly and rolled righ in. But that was easy as the hardest part was the both of us trying to get the beast to lean over flat on the legs. After about 20 rock-the-baby we got it and played pool for about 2 hours. let's just say, because they work for Diamond doesn't mean they can play pool because I beat him up pretty badly - Day 1 :p. Great Table.

I also just recently purchased one of these tables from another poster on here. It is still on the cart in the living room! I paid $4,000 and got the Diamond light, balls, 2 chairs, and delivery included. I thought it was a great price! The table is in excellent condition.

I think if you sold it for $3200, with no light or delivery, you would be doing just fine for yourself.

Thanks for the word. Yeah, I definitely wont change the price due to ethics, but several people have PM'd me saying I'm too cheap. I look at it like this, I enjoy playing on it, enjoyed playing on, no reservations about selling it, someone out there wants a Diamond table, I keep my Box and all are happy. yep, I think it is a decent price to play. Just replace the cloth.

it it is a used table and the warranty may not be the same as for the original owner and all the accesories are now used. with both those things lost about half of its new value goes out the window. then subtract the cost of the new owner moving it, setting it up professionally, and getting new cloth. i personally never would pay more than one third of its new cost.

No problem and good points. I don't really know about all of that though, but do know that minus the current cloth condition, the table is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. No big problem if it doesn't sale. My Son and Daughter are at that age now that they love playing pool and I have actually gotten beat by my daughter a few times and she's only 15 years old. Can't win them all as looks like they are getting better and better. Again, good points but definitely not changing the price. It'll just stay in the family if it doesn't sale.

Thanks

flip

flipmo

Release The Kraken
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I know that the Diamond Smart Tables have a great reputation and are highly desirable. $3200 on a $6500 item seems reasonable to me.
Good luck, T.

Thanks. I'm thinking I have it priced correctly also. Here is a PIC of my table. However, it's not coin-op. But exactly the same table. This is not the actual table but a PIC from Diamond website until I can actually take a picture of it myself. I'm currently in California but will be back 5 March.

Cheers

flip

Attachments

• Smart-Table--TABLE.jpg
    Smart-Table--TABLE.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
$4000.00 and the buyer pays for delivery and set up:D because that IS what your table is worth today...and more later!

Glen