Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The critics have been silenced...
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The critics have been silenced...
Old
  (#1)
Grilled Cheese
p.i.i.t.h.
Grilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

The critics have been silenced... - 05-30-2019, 07:08 PM

Well, well ....John has broken the record.

John has broken it by 100 balls.

It is on VIDEO. There were witnesses.

It is the highest run ever confirmed. It is confirmed in the most reliable, indisputable and conclusive way. Nothing about it is subjective, it is purely objective. No hearsay. No BS.

I had a feeling that once he did this, all there would be left are the desperate ramblings of people saying so-and-so ran 700+ in some basement...and other unsubstantiated, mythical runs. Legends of pool. Do I personally believe some of the greats pulled off a higher run in practice or what not? Sure. I think it is very likely. I don't think it is a sure thing. But either way, it matters not as there's no evidence.

Mosconi's run was witnessed by a lot of people who signed on it. That is legit. All these other runs are mythical. Don't care what so and so said, who knew so and so who saw it themselves.

Let's see...is there anything the haters, Mosconi worshipers and others can say to knock John?

Can they criticize the table? No, not compared to what Mosconi played on.

Some say it's not the same as John had many attempts. Well, that's BS too - because Mosconi routinely made exhibitions and routinely would continue runs to please the crowd. So he had many attempts too. Now..he may not have been completely committed to and determined to run as many as he could possibly run on each of his exhibitions, but nonetheless, this claim that it was his only high run attempt is bogus.

Oh, there's the claim that John wasn't playing an opponent. Is that even relevant when you're running 600+ balls? Deduct a full rack of 14 points to compensate for a starting position, he still broke the record. A match typically is played to 150. Again, irrelevant.

Ha, just waiting for someone to claim John was using performance enhancing drugs. LOL.

Just give it up. Instead of trying to diminish John, recognize it as the greatest run ever. Mosconi's run is still great and always will be. Accomplished so long ago. Stood for so long as seemingly unbreakable.

It doesn't mean John is the greatest 14.1 player. Mosconi was better.

"It takes a lot of grilled cheese level players to build a pyramid for the Kobe Beef players to stand on." - JB

Old
  (#2)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 03:12 AM

Well said- let's all just move forward and acknowledge this great achievement for what it is- nobody should take anything away from John for this proven accomplishment! Hopefully it will be used to PROMOTE the game of pocket billiards in general, and not just to profit or glorify one person. The sport needs a shot in the arm to get it going again esp. here in the U.S.

Old
  (#3)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 03:23 AM

I’ve honestly seen the same people who have said the Revo is bs and of no help saying he had an unfair advantage playing wit it lol ah the internet.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-31-2019, 04:07 AM

Ahhh

Now it is official and we can put it in the books.

Cheese has spoken.

Old
  (#5)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-31-2019, 05:26 AM

I don't recall anyone on the entire forum suggesting that this isn't the world record. John's got the record, plain and simple.

Old
  (#6)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 05:31 AM

I guess we need to get "Mr. 625" matched-up with "Five-time Hohmann" for a multi-day 1000pt match. That would be epic.

Old
  (#7)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilled Cheese View Post

It is the highest run ever confirmed. It is confirmed in the most reliable, indisputable and conclusive way. Nothing about it is subjective, it is purely objective. No hearsay. No BS.

I had a feeling that once he did this, all there would be left are the desperate ramblings of people saying so-and-so ran 700+ in some basement...and other unsubstantiated, mythical runs. Legends of pool. Do I personally believe some of the greats pulled off a higher run in practice or what not? Sure. I think it is very likely. I don't think it is a sure thing. But either way, it matters not as there's no evidence.

Mosconi's run was witnessed by a lot of people who signed on it. That is legit. All these other runs are mythical. Don't care what so and so said, who knew so and so who saw it themselves.

Let's see...is there anything the haters, Mosconi worshipers and others can say to knock John?

Some say it's not the same as John had many attempts. Well, that's BS too - because Mosconi routinely made exhibitions and routinely would continue runs to please the crowd. So he had many attempts too. Now..he may not have been completely committed to and determined to run as many as he could possibly run on each of his exhibitions, but nonetheless, this claim that it was his only high run attempt is bogus.

Oh, there's the claim that John wasn't playing an opponent. Is that even relevant when you're running 600+ balls? Deduct a full rack of 14 points to compensate for a starting position, he still broke the record. A match typically is played to 150. Again, irrelevant.

Ha, just waiting for someone to claim John was using performance enhancing drugs. LOL.

Just give it up. Instead of trying to diminish John, recognize it as the greatest run ever. Mosconi's run is still great and always will be. Accomplished so long ago. Stood for so long as seemingly unbreakable.

That would be incorrect.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#8)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-31-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I guess we need to get "Mr. 625" matched-up with "Five-time Hohmann" for a multi-day 1000pt match. That would be epic.
I know who'd be the winner if that match takes place. The fans!

Old
  (#9)
4pointer
AzB Silver Member
4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute4pointer has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 05:54 AM

nice post ,
standing ovation !!!

Well now that you mention it ...
Old
  (#10)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Well now that you mention it ... - 05-31-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:

I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu

Old
  (#11)
Klink
AzB Silver Member
Klink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

05-31-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I have been carefully avoiding my suspicion. Now that you mention it, john was shaking like a bird dog crapping peach pits when he got above 450 the first time. I'm not curious enough to watch the video but was john nice and mellow this time? Poker players take a certain drug like it's aspirin! Video is wonderful technology, so is drug testing. If I set a world record and was clean when I did it I would rush to a lab to bury any question of PED's. Modern technology just like the video.

Having had personal dealings with john a few times I know he has the balls of a bull gerbil if that isn't insulting gerbils. All of a sudden turning in a hero performance far beyond what he was ever able to do before does look very unlikely.

Now, don't you wish you had let sleeping dogs lie?

Hu

If you knew John personally you would know how far off base you are.

Old
  (#12)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs down 05-31-2019, 06:20 AM

You guys beat this in the same way a boy going thru puberty beats his pud..over and over....

Old
  (#13)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
If you knew John personally you would know how far off base you are.
I agree. Pretty lame imo. Cheap shots.

Old
  (#14)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 06:45 AM

Lol that’s pretty funny. He Xanax’d his way to the record? Or was it Power Thirst that he used? Maybe the “Mananna” flavor, or “Fizz*****” or even...”GUN!!!”

Or is smoking the herb to blame? Most pool players whose names start with J that I personally know and am, well...they definitely get into the trance best under the influence of dubage.

Old
  (#15)
Swighey
AzB Silver Member
Swighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:

Maybe stop talking about “haters” and grow up a little. Nobody disrespects the achievement.

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: