Too Old For Pool And Mustang

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I really feel 76 now. Can't play pool for more than15 minutes W/O hurting the next day. Had to trade my 2002 Mustang in on a Chevy compact. Had a very hard time getting in and out of the Mustang. Johnnyt

PoolChump

Banned
Hope I can still play pool at 75

I really feel 76 now. Can't play pool for more than15 minutes W/O hurting the next day. Had to trade my 2002 Mustang in on a Chevy compact. Had a very hard time getting in and out of the Mustang. Johnnyt

I plan on playing pool until I am 75, if God willing. :thumbup:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I just hope to be alive at 75.

With my family history, ever year above 52 is gravy.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy down the road from me is 82, I've played with him at my house off and on for 20years anyway he just joined league last year and is an apa 6 in 8ball! the old guy can run a table from time to time!! but I love watching him play a mean safety on the kids! He personally claims pool keeps his mind sharp and plans to play till he can't stand

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to old

well know how it goes guys, soon be 79 can't walk now[copd] but I still keep up with the guys. made a ton of friends over the years,me and wife ran tournments over the years. owned a room for 16 yr. hard not to forget playing-johnny-earl -grady m-steve m-buddy h-and so many I can't remember---but shook hands with ty cobb and johnny mize!!! I have had a great life!!!!!:):):):wink::grin-square:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am 73 and i am buying a mustang convertible tomorrow

i still have a table at home,but the wife said
"it might be a good idea to sell it"

i still have some nice cues

A South West,A Bob Owen,A new Runde,A Jerry Rauenzahn 360

I can't make a ball,but then again i never could, but i enjoy having nice cues

I used to think about quitting pool,but i lack the back bone

I help my wife with the school
The kids like me,every day they bring me a bag or box of candy

every day my wife gives my gift to a younger person
diabetes wins again

At least i get to drive the Shelby and look at the pool cues

I wish someone would come over and try to win my cues or my car
I still can't play but i think I can beat San Jose Dick,he is older than me

Also i can still stake Jack potter if anybody wants to match up

some things never change

Go figure

Happy holidays to all you other old codgers

I used to like to gamble,but there is not much action anymore

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd be happy to take your cues and Mustang so you are not nostalgic when looking at them :cool::wink:

It's tough to tell age from the forums, you type like a 50 yr old :)

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am 73 and i am buying a mustang convertible tomorrow..i still have a table at home,but the wife said "it might be a good idea to sell it".....I wish someone would come over and try to win my cues or my car..I still can't play but i think I can beat San Jose Dick,he is older than me....Also i can still stake Jack potter if anybody wants to match up.

.......Happy holidays to all you other old codgers

Yes, I got you by 10 years..But if there is room around the table for my wheel chair, crutches, oxygen tanks, etc., and someone can hold me up while I shoot, you got 9/7, playing 1P for large $$$$ Deanoc! :rolleyes:

PS..Or you can stake Potter against me, even! :wink:

IMG_0023.jpg

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Going on 70 and still enjoy getting away from traffic lights or entering the turnpike...
Procharged ...

Attachments

• Stang @ Atco.jpg
    Stang @ Atco.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 599

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
San Jose Dick,I might have been blowing smoke

how did you find my thread

since i am not so sure that you can find such a pool room
i think i will try you at a modest price

i see you still move like a ghost

considering i used to get 15 to 4 from guys your speed,i am encouraged to be only getting 9 to 7

Jack potter is only getting my stake horse money at 9 ball

come to Dallas and you got action

maybe not as high as i was thinking before you called my hand

great to hear you feeling better
dean

Last edited:

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you are feeling better too I hope. You kicked that cold aside and now looking for action. The king with the Kling!

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 81 and play 3-5 days a week for a 2-3 hours. No Mustang. Anyway after the 1st day my cervical and left shoulder hurt like hell but that why we have anti-inflammatories. I'm sure that I don't play to the level of most of you but there isn't a day that I don't experience disappointment and elation. Can't say that about too many things especially when you throw in "learning."

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my shelby deal fell through
trouble with the title

my wife told me that i needed 500 horse power like i needed a new pool cue

so i guess i better start looking for a new pool cue

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty happy with my 400hp. The 14mpg on premium juice is a bit brutal though, but that is the cost of the pull.

Attachments

• 1481987868075-437387714.jpg
    1481987868075-437387714.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers to you older fellas..... may we all be blessed to enjoy happiness in our later years! I enjoy greatly playing with the older generations (I'm 38), got a few guys on my teams in the 68-81 range and boy do I enjoy playing with them! Father time catches us all eventually, but until he does....keep stroking!

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 74 & I play 3-4 times a week. Still play tournaments & still gamble some....

Here's my ride. It is sweet...

Attachments

• 2005 Sierra Stepside sm sm.jpg
    2005 Sierra Stepside sm sm.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 316
  • CeeBee Diamond Table.jpg
    CeeBee Diamond Table.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 301

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

Man do you have a crystal ball?
Hope I can avoid that!
And keep my Cobra.
Keep at it Johnny.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm 73...wife & I drive to the Cue Ball in Salem, Oregon once a week to play for 4 hours or so. It's an 80 miles round trip. I'm sure not scaring any of the regulars with my low skill but I figure I'm having fun.

We go there in this...an '09 Bullitt model Mustang.

Attachments

• mustang 008.jpg
    mustang 008.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 296