New cue from our trip to PR

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
So far as I can tell there is only one cue maker in Puerto Rico. He goes by Pacheco Cue Maker in PR. There some pieces that look like ivory but they aren't, other cues include mother of pearl and some exotic woods. Mine is a maple cue from what I understand. It rolls smooth and as for it's playing ability all I can say is I won the first game against PR's number one player (something that rarely happens and even rarer that it was a dame) and I came close a second time but my nerves and the heat got to me and I totally blew a pretty easy shot on the 8 ball :( .

Last edited:

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did you play on the island?

Where did you play on the island? I was there a couple of years ago and could only find one, 8 foot table in my general vicinity. I stayed in Condado and found the 8 footer at Billiards Palace in Isla Verde.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jose' Pacheco used to be a member of the International Cuemakers Association and makes a fine cue.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Sweet cue! Glad to hear you're already winning with it.

Good shooting to you,

Kevin

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where in PR did you shoot and who is the #1 player you played? I am from PR. Pool Palace in Old San Juan also had a bunch of 9ft tables but is now closed, it was a really nice place to shoot. There is also El Criollo in guaynabo that has some very nice 9ft tables but i dont know if it is still open. There are other places with weekly tournements too.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
We played at Pepin's in Caguas, Hanna's also in Caguas and at Andy's in Santurce. Wilbert was who I got put up against in PR. The nicest bunch of people i ever met. We must've met over a hundred pool players in 1 week. I'll load up a few pictures for you guys soon. Right now I'm on the road. I'm trying to get Pacheco online in the AZB FORUM
Loren

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hannah's was pretty nice to play on, and good 9' tables but their Bacardi Limon special really did me in.

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. How does it hit?

she can give her opinion but i'll give mine too :) It was nicer than my g-core shafted McDermott, very solid feel. I still prefer my predator sneaky to it, but its a closer call than i'd expect from a plain maple shaft.

Xnotedgeanymore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far as I can tell there is only one cue maker in Puerto Rico. He goes by Pacheco Cue Maker in PR. There some pieces that look like ivory but they aren't, other cues include mother of pearl and some exotic woods. Mine is a maple cue from what I understand. It rolls smooth and as for it's playing ability all I can say is I won the first game against PR's number one player (something that rarely happens and even rarer that it was a dame) and I came close a second time but my nerves and the heat got to me and I totally blew a pretty easy shot on the 8 ball :( .

Looks like a very nice acquisition, but it doesn't seem much like maple. Ebony, perhaps? In any case, congratulations and enjoy! -Josh

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he had said the shaft was maple and the butt is a dark cocobolo. We looked at a few different ones he had and were talking about the different stuff he used for other cues he made so i'm not sure either now that I think about it.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Very nice looking cue. I like that big bumper too. How does that attach to the butt (screw, shape)? I'm hell on cue butts and wouldn't mind having a larger bumper like that. It would need to fit into a 1" diameter hole and screw in place.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Very nice looking cue. I like that big bumper too. How does that attach to the butt (screw, shape)? I'm hell on cue butts and wouldn't mind having a larger bumper like that. It would need to fit into a 1" diameter hole and screw in place.

I must have been checking on the bumper when you wrote this post. Sorry for the delayed response. Yes it's a screw on and like you said it provides good solid protection all the way around :) I wasn't sure of it at first but I totally love it now.

I took some pictures for you. click to enlarge

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Very nice. How does it hit?

I keep wanting to say it's silky smooth. Honestly I have a hard time putting it in to words. It feels very good. We have Action, Players, McDermotts, Predators, Sterling and Ricco. It's definitely a keeper.