Book Finally Coming?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re not going to play twenty questions with Stan.

The player does NOT need to know the shot line and the CTE process yields it for the player to know.

Nothing evasive about saying when and where the process of CTE will be fully revealed. Should you decide to get froggy the window is open.

Connie Shuffett

I assume you left out the "not." I added one above.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, but no NOT. Delete it! NOW! lol

Connie Shuffett

OK, I see what you are saying but that brings up an interesting point. You say the player does not know the shot line but CTE will give it to them. Then you say the player does need to know the shot line. Why? If CTE gives you the shot line then why do you ever need to know it? Just line it up per your instructions and fire away.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I see what you are saying but that brings up an interesting point. You say the player does not know the shot line but CTE will give it to them. Then you say the player does need to know the shot line. Why? If CTE gives you the shot line then why do you ever need to know it? Just line it up per your instructions and fire away.

A player has to know what to align to. That line must be known so the physical can appropriately follow.
The shot line serves as the line for playing position.

Connie Shuffett

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A player has to know what to align to. That line must be known so the physical can appropriately follow.
The shot line serves as the line for playing position.

Connie Shuffett

How does using spin affect the process?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spin and CTE go hand-in-hand. Using spin with CTE is much easier than using spin conventionally. Stan covers spin in his Truth Series.

Connie Shuffett

Does CTE grow hair and cure gout, too? just kidding. I appreciate that you have started to answer questions like why knowing the shot line is required, or how to use spin with CTE, but you have to know that the answer to everything for the last 3 years has been "it's covered in the book." I even gave up discussing CTE when Stan claimed that all would be revealed in the book. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and about had enough of the bickering anyway. I didn't realize the book was nowhere in sight, so not discussing CTE wasn't much of an option as time went on and new people here and there wanted to discuss it.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does CTE grow hair and cure gout, too? just kidding. I appreciate that you have started to answer questions like why knowing the shot line is required, or how to use spin with CTE, but you have to know that the answer to everything for the last 3 years has been "it's covered in the book." I even gave up discussing CTE when Stan claimed that all would be revealed in the book. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and about had enough of the bickering anyway. I didn't realize the book was nowhere in sight, so not discussing CTE wasn't much of an option as time went on and new people here and there wanted to discuss it.

When Stan began his book he thought he’d be through with his work inside of a year. I let him know that it’d be at least two to three years. Truth of the matter, his project was more involved than he could have ever imagined. Stan did more work on his book than he did in four years of undergrad work plus his Master’s degree.

Stan is happy at this point to answer the questions that he can, but most of the process concerns will addressed in his Truth Series. If a viewer likes Stan’s Truth Series, then Stan believes they will love his book.

Stan’s Truth Series is a way to become CTE knowledgeable so as to be able to make an informed decision about whether to purchase his book or not.

Connie Shuffett

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spin and CTE go hand-in-hand. Using spin with CTE is much easier than using spin conventionally. Stan covers spin in his Truth Series.

Connie Shuffett

Connie
Thank you for the reply
I look forward to the truth series and buying the book when they are available
Larry

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

Connie Shuffett

Been holding back, but this one did i it.

Spin comes from your stroke, not aiming. Aiming has nothing to do with your stroke.

It is the above type statements.......cure all statements as I call them......that gets a player that know better attention.

So........explain how spin is easier with CTE........bet you won’t, but give the marketing type answer gotta wait.

Truth is you can’t explain it, cause aiming has do effect on your stroke.

Fact is, if your are pivoting your, you can’t be using side spin.

The cue is not for aiming but moving the CB. I don’t care what others state.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Connie - let me illustrate a very simple example of the kinds of criticisms we have had about Stan's system and how he describes it. I offer this because you are not a regular member here and may not be aware of such things.

Stan says that CTE Pro1 takes you to an over cut alignment so that every shot hits center pocket. Let's look at an example. When Stan says the table is a 2x1 surface with the pockets at the intersection of the rails, he is talking about the dimensions from cushion nose to cushion nose (the very tip of the cushion). On a 9' table this measures 50" by 100". The corners are located at the intersection of the rails. IOW, if you extend each rail so that they intersect at a right angle, this intersection will be at the very center of the pocket near the opening of the pocket - probably just inside the shelf.

Let's set up an ETA shot that is frozen to the long rail. In order to pocket that shot, you must aim for the ob to hit the facing of the cushion, which is a good one to two inches away from that intersection of the rails. Now set up another ETA shot frozen to the short rail. Same thing happens but now on the opposite facing. So here we have two ETA shots and they must somehow be aimed at points a whole pocket diameter away from each other. In this case, if Stan's system actually took you to the corner of the table (where the rails intersect) then you could never pocket a ball near the rail. This has been brought up before and the response we get is something like:

:

Curious. If the OB is frozen to the rail and you cut it in the corner clean as can be, would you say it went center pocket? Or does the OB have to be out off the rail to actually make it center pocket?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm just basing it on the amount of threads I've read over the years concerning the DVDs and the amount of people complaining aboit trying to get it working for every shot. There's plenty more than half a dozen naysayers, and a couple are local friends of mine.

Usually when a Youtuber blocks their subscriber count, and blocks all comments on videos, and there's no way to verify the amount of negativity or bad reviews of any product they're selling....well, that's an indication that the numbers/data may not be very flattering. I could be wrong of course. I've been wrong about a lot of stuff, but I always admit when I am, and I accept it as a lesson learned. Look up any billiard book, dvd, gizmo, etc.. and you can get a good idea about what other players think of the product. I do that with CTE and find nothing but bickering forum threads. So my assumption isn't purely baseless. You, and maybe Dave S are two players I know of that aren't pros but play sporty enough for me to respect your opinion. So I remain hopeful that the truth series will make everything much better.:eek:

And yes, the American honey was quite tasty.

Still say "plenty more" doesn't translate onto a large amount but ok.

If you are specifically talking about Stan's youtube video's let me first say, people should be grateful that he has put out so much instructional material for free. Second i'll just say look at what happens here in the aiming forum, would you want to deal with that on your personal youtube video's? Can't blame him for turning off comments.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still say "plenty more" doesn't translate onto a large amount but ok.

If you are specifically talking about Stan's youtube video's let me first say, people should be grateful that he has put out so much instructional material for free. Second i'll just say look at what happens here in the aiming forum, would you want to deal with that on your personal youtube video's? Can't blame him for turning off comments.

Understandable. If the comments on my YouTube channel were overwhelmingly bad or negative, I'd turn the comment option off also. That was my point.

As it stands now, the worst comments ever made on any of my YouTube videos were made by Joe, Mr. Low500 from right here on AZ. And most of my subscibers realized that he had a personal reason for the comments he left, a reason that had nothing to do with the videos or my youtube channel.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Understandable. If the comments on my YouTube channel were overwhelmingly bad or negative, I'd turn the comment option off also. That was my point.

As it stands now, the worst comments ever made on any of my YouTube videos were made by Joe, Mr. Low500 from right here on AZ. And most of my subscibers realized that he had a personal reason for the comments he left, a reason that had nothing to do with the videos or my youtube channel.

The following 1/15/20 email is just one of hundreds that Stan has received concerning his work.

Stan I just finished watching, well studying every video that you have on YouTube. I have never once sent a message to someone on YouTube before but I just couldn't help myself. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your willingness to share your work with the cte systems! I just can't believe how blown away I am by the information you presented! I have looked everywhere for your DVD's and realize they are out of production but I am still looking for them and you you better bet if I can find one it will be in my possession forever! I felt like I just had to reach out to thank you for your willingness to share! I can see where it might be hard to have such powerful knowledge that you could bully (for lack of better terms) others around a pool table but instead put it out there for everyone to study. Just once more thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sincerely,
—————-

Connie Shuffett

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The following 1/15/20 email is just one of hundreds that Stan has received concerning his work.

Stan I just finished watching, well studying every video that you have on YouTube. I have never once sent a message to someone on YouTube before but I just couldn't help myself. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your willingness to share your work with the cte systems! I just can't believe how blown away I am by the information you presented! I have looked everywhere for your DVD's and realize they are out of production but I am still looking for them and you you better bet if I can find one it will be in my possession forever! I felt like I just had to reach out to thank you for your willingness to share! I can see where it might be hard to have such powerful knowledge that you could bully (for lack of better terms) others around a pool table but instead put it out there for everyone to study. Just once more thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sincerely,
—————-

Connie Shuffett

If they want the DVD, send them my way. I would be happy to put in the hands of someone who will get something out of it.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Pro Coming Soon

I traveled for 25 years with my first rule being, don't allow anyone to know my secrets of aiming and how good It worked. Only three people beat me playing even, all pros . I never took weight from anyone. All my road trips were a great success. My rules were simple. Let every player I played know I was a top notch player , so no charges of hustling could be made. Never gamble in my hometown. Wear beards and change my appearance and never give my real name. Mike Sigel told me I was one of the best he ever played, after I beat him. Rafael Martinez told me he could teach me nothing after he ended 4 games ahead of me after 4 hours. . ... A pro had won two seminole tour stops in a row and it was me that stopped him at the US Open, this was 7 years after I stopped my drills. Being under cover, my backer always made me jump from tournaments early so I would never be known. Even my best friends didn't know how good I was.
I stay out of the controversy when I see you online defending your research and development of CTE. My background in physics and engineering makes it quite easy to understand and prove your great work. It must be quite frustrating for you at times but your determination and perseverance are admirable to say the least. I teach something similar to you but would like to learn more about your CTE., so i can confidently recommend your dvds to my students.....If you are interested in sharing as a professional courtesy , I will give you my word that I will recommend you to my students and others in all my travels, if I find , as I suspect I will, your teachings to be proper and correct. Texting me is by far the best way to contact me. Thank you so much for your contributions to our great sport, and I have no doubt that your work will go down in history as a paramount asset to those seeking perfection in pocket billiards.
Thank you for your time.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited: