Book Finally Coming?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue of refunds for disgruntled DVD buyers was addressed a long time ago.

The answer was: No refunds.

Lou Figueroa
surprise

And, The number of disgruntled buyers of DVD1 and DVD2 was less than 1/1000 of total sales.

The leader of that minuscule group was none other than...drumbeat...surprise

LOU YOU GUESSED IT FIGUEROA

And, guess what else? Stan’s Truth Series is totally free, Stan’s Truth Series will detail out the most important aiming information ever presented in the history of our sport.

CTE PRO ONE will reach millions!

Thank you, Lou! If Stan had to name one individual on the negative side of the ledger that is most responsible for his forthcoming CTE PRO ONE book, it’d be hands down, Lou Figueroa.

It’s called KARMA. You hate something and want it to go away so much that it manifest itself into a book that will span the globe. The thrill of victory! The agony of defeat!

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not working on that "sense of humor" thing yet, huh.

Lou Figueroa

Sense of humor is fine thank you. Maybe your comedy doesn't play well in print. I know you are funny cause i heard people laugh at you all the time when they see you face to face.

But let's get back to meaningful discussion. How do we change things around here to make the aiming forum more productive?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, The number of disgruntled buyers of DVD1 and DVD2 was less than 1/1000 of total sales.

And, guess what else? Stan’s Truth Series is totally free, Stan’s Truth Series will detail out the most important aiming information ever presented in the history of our sport.

Thank you, Lou! If Stan had to name one individual on the negative side of the ledger that is most responsible for his forthcoming CTE PRO ONE book, it’d be hands down, Lou Figueroa.

Connie Shuffett

And we knew the refund request was coming from Lou before he even bought it, that is IF he actually bought it. After all he sure puts CTE down an awful lot yet also says he teaches CTE to some of his students.Sounds like a lack of integrity if you ask me, but then again i don't go see very many Broadway plays.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It’s called KARMA. You hate something and want it to go away so much that it manifest itself into a book that will span the globe. The thrill of victory! The agony of defeat!

Connie Shuffett

Funny — I don’t recall asking for a refund.

To me it was a philosophical issue and a question about integrity. And oh by the way: you will never know how many wanted a refund because once you so adamantly stated “NO REFUNDS” anyone who wanted a refund didn’t bother asking for one ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And we knew the refund request was coming from Lou before he even bought it, that is IF he actually bought it. After all he sure puts CTE down an awful lot yet also says he teaches CTE to some of his students.Sounds like a lack of integrity if you ask me, but then again i don't go see very many Broadway plays.

Don’t recall asking for a refund.

Anywhos, I sold mine at a very slight loss to a guy in Texas who said he was looking for a pool themed drink coaster. Didn’t waste any dough on the second DVD.

Lou Figueroa
it’s all good, lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sense of humor is fine thank you. Maybe your comedy doesn't play well in print. I know you are funny cause i heard people laugh at you all the time when they see you face to face.

But let's get back to meaningful discussion. How do we change things around here to make the aiming forum more productive?

The forum is fine, as is, by me.

Lou Figueroa
when I go to the circus
I expect clowns ;-)

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Stan’s Truth Series is totally free, Stan’s Truth Series will detail out the most important aiming information ever presented in the history of our sport.

CTE PRO ONE will reach millions!"

So, that leaves me with 2 questions. If the Truth Series is totally free,

1.) Why do you need to write a book?

2.) Why would anybody buy it?

I'm very confused.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Stan’s Truth Series is totally free, Stan’s Truth Series will detail out the most important aiming information ever presented in the history of our sport.

CTE PRO ONE will reach millions!"

So, that leaves me with 2 questions. If the Truth Series is totally free,

1.) Why do you need to write a book?

2.) Why would anybody buy it?

I'm very confused.

Stan’s work is his reward.

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bizarrer and bizarrer...

pj
chgo

The thing I found most odd in this thread is where Connie says:

Stan’s description is an overview only. CTE is visual. All of the visual instructions were purposefully omitted.

From this post:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6558286&postcount=235

Now, maybe I'm reading more into this or maybe Connie said something in a way she didn't mean, but is she saying that Stan has never disclosed the most important part of CTE, the visual instructions? Or, is she just saying that the instructions from Stan that Brian was following are incomplete? I don't recall that Stan has ever discussed vision other than quips like, "the eyes lead and the body follows," or "use your visual intelligence" (a personal favorite).

OTOH, Stan has some history of saying whatever is required to win a specific argument while not realizing that he then contradicts a whole bunch of other stuff he's said previously. Then it goes 'round and 'round until we all become haters and naysayers.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan’s description is an overview only. CTE is visual. All of the visual instructions were purposefully omitted.

From this post:

Now, maybe I'm reading more into this or maybe Connie said something in a way she didn't mean, but is she saying that Stan has never disclosed the most important part of CTE, the visual instructions? Or, is she just saying that the instructions from Stan that Brian was following are incomplete? I don't recall that Stan has ever discussed vision other than quips like, "the eyes lead and the body follows," or "use your visual intelligence" (a personal favorite).

OTOH, Stan has some history of saying whatever is required to win a specific argument while not realizing that he then contradicts a whole bunch of other stuff he's said previously. Then it goes 'round and 'round until we all become haters and naysayers.

Stan just informed me, “Hating and naysaying started 22 years ago on RSB by none other than Pat Johnson and Lou Figueroa. What you have going on right now is your own problem. Get a life.”

Shut it down. Stan already gave the grand award to Lou. There will be no more recognition or trophies going out to you or anyone else. When it's all ready to go an announcement will be made.

Connie Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan just informed me, “Hating and naysaying started 22 years ago on RSB by none other than Pat Johnson and Lou Figueroa. What you have going on right now is your own problem. Get a life.”

Shut it down. Stan already gave the grand award to Lou. There will be no more recognition or trophies going out to you or anyone else. When it's all ready to go an announcement will be made.

Connie Shuffett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIeoQKoTp-U

Lou Figueroa

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

From this post:

I think she meant the description of how to get the visuals was purposely left out of Stan's CTE description, which is where I got my description of the method.

Anyway, the visuals are not secret info that Stan has purposely left out. There are dozens of YouTube videos in which he describes exactly how to get the perception (the "fixed" cb), and then he shows how the half tip offset manual pivot or sweep is done in reference to the fixed cb perception. I doubt there is some visual secret that is only privy to those who get a private lesson. But maybe in person the process is easier to understand than it is in all the YouTube videos or the 2 original DVD's. That is the case with many things -- easier to show how to do than to explain how to do.

I believe a player's "visual intelligence" translates directly to their "shooting experience". In other words, after enough practice, enough table time, you'll just see and do. When you think about it, every pool player uses their own visual intelligence, regardless of how they aim. We use the "eyes lead and body follows" concept, though we're looking at different things. Our body mechanics must always act in accordance with what our eyes are seeing. If not, we'd seldom make a shot, probably even fail to strike the cb every now and then. Every aiming method has different visual references that our bodies must respond to.

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think she meant the description of how to get the visuals was purposely left out of Stan's CTE description, which is where I got my description of the method.

Anyway, the visuals are not secret info that Stan has purposely left out. There are dozens of YouTube videos in which he describes exactly how to get the perception (the "fixed" cb), and then he shows how the half tip offset manual pivot or sweep is done in reference to the fixed cb perception. I doubt there is some visual secret that is only privy to those who get a private lesson. But maybe in person the process is easier to understand than it is in all the YouTube videos or the 2 original DVD's. That is the case with many things -- easier to show how to do than to explain how to do.

I believe a player's "visual intelligence" translates directly to their "shooting experience". In other words, after enough practice, enough table time, you'll just see and do. When you think about it, every pool player uses their own visual intelligence, regardless of how they aim. We use the "eyes lead and body follows" concept, though we're looking at different things. Our body mechanics must always act in accordance with what our eyes are seeing. If not, we'd seldom make a shot, probably even fail to strike the cb every now and then. Every aiming method has different visual references that our bodies must respond to.

If you’re dubious as to whether Stan has gotten down to the nitty gritty over the past five years with the visual side of things then don’t bother to view his Truth Series and by all means don’t even consider purchasing his book.

For those that have faith in Stan, he won’t let you down as there will be new inroads galore...plus The Secret.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But wait! There's more!

pj
chgo

Stan is proud to have offered MORE and MORE and MORE over the years toward solving the of Center-to-Edge phenomenon.

And what have YOU offered, PJ? Nothing in the MORE account, but plenty in the NOTHING account for a solid 22 years. Let’s face it, you’ve been nothing more than a negative Nellie for the past 22 years.

Connie Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you’re dubious as to whether Stan has gotten down to the nitty gritty over the past five years with the visual side of things then don’t bother to view his Truth Series and by all means don’t even consider purchasing his book.

For those that have faith in Stan, he won’t let you down as there will be new inroads galore...plus The Secret.

Connie Shuffett

So there is some new and improved information? That is good and promising news for all those who purchased the CTE DVDs, watched every one of Stan's YouTube clips countless times, argued with believers and naysayers alike here on AZ and back on RSB over the last 15 to 20 years, only to wind up giving up on getting the system to work objectively as described.

Like I've said too many times to count, I hope Stan's book and truth series help a lot of players improve their game.
There's nothing like playing great pool, though I know golfers and bowlers and dart throwers and musicians say the same thing about their passions. I'd just like to see more people reaching higher levels of pool. I don't care what system they may or may not use, or what system they like or dislike or ridicule or worship. We all love this game. We all have passion for it, else we wouldn't be here talking and arguing about it.