Sticky thread?

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
I have notice that more and more STICKY THREADS appears on the top of the page which makes all the other threads slides away.
If I miss this one by any chance I was wondering what are those threads anyway and for what reason they are STICKY?:confused:

jjinfla

Banned
Oh, that's STICKY.

I thought it said STINKY and skipped them.

Did I miss anything?

Who knows why they lasted this long?

Pretty soon the whole first page will belong to them.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are:
-there coz they are deemed important enough to keep a spot on the front page,
-in need of medicine,
-have offensive odor.

PLease read them and post your summaries here so that we can appropriately place them in one of the above categories.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
They are:
-there coz they are deemed important enough to keep a spot on the front page,
-in need of medicine,
-have offensive odor.

PLease read them and post your summaries here so that we can appropriately place them in one of the above categories.

LoL, I see, so who is pulling the triger on them? Or are their on auto-settings?
Maybe they should create separate board for those trheads, so they don't take it over the main forum. :confused:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike or myself can make or remove them.

Like BB said, they are there so they are not passed or forgotten.

Dave

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:

Dave

You must be a persona importanta over here :D
Why don't make a separate page for those threads, this way, they won't be forgotten.
They are taking over the front page and for most members they are borred am sure.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
They are taking over the front page and for most members they are borred am sure.

I've restrained myself thus far, but this is really asking for it:

I hardly think that a person who bumped his table everyday for 3 weeks (!) in the for sale forum should complain about a couple of sticky threads on the main page. I guess you do see how annoying it is...

-Roger

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:

Dave

Far too many threads are sticky, and one or two of these threads appear to be have been proclaimed sticky until eternity.

In the absence of sticky threads, the things forum members are chatting about work their way to the top of the main page. It is the things people are chatting about that matters to most of us here on AZB, not the things arbitrarily selelcted as too important to skip.

I recognize that, on rare occasion, a thread may deserve to be sticky, but I'd suggest that 90% of the time, not even one thread on the forum is so important that it deserves to be sticky. Sticky threads are devaluing the main page.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
*edited*

I don't mean to be fresh with anyone.

If people want the board structured differently, petition Mike.

Last edited:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
Far too many threads are sticky, and one or two of these threads appear to be have been proclaimed sticky until eternity.

In the absence of sticky threads, the things forum members are chatting about work their way to the top of the main page. It is the things people are chatting about that matters to most of us here on AZB, not the things arbitrarily selelcted as too important to skip.

I recognize that, on rare occasion, a thread may deserve to be sticky, but I'd suggest that 90% of the time, not even one thread on the forum is so important that it deserves to be sticky. Sticky threads are devaluing the main page.

I agree but obviously that doesn't mean much anymore.

All hail the sticky threads...

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
buddha162 said:
I've restrained myself thus far, but this is really asking for it:

I hardly think that a person who bumped his table everyday for 3 weeks (!) in the for sale forum should complain about a couple of sticky threads on the main page. I guess you do see how annoying it is...

-Roger

lol:D
I'm not complaining. I just thought maybe there should be a separate page for them.
BTW
About my table thread - am not done yet and I have to bump it myself to get going; its not sticky:(

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
Oh and another thing is that my pool table thread sticked only to one page and those sticky threads sticks to every single page.

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
In the middle your mouse there is probably a little round wheel. When you get to the main forum lay your finger on that wheel then move your finger toward yourself. The sticky threads magically disappear.

Or if you want to be a really great magician. If your using MS Internet Explorer you can push the wheel down to click the button underneath it. After you release the button you can move your mouse down and the sticky threads will very slowly disappear. This is much more impressive.:D

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
CaptainJR said:
In the middle your mouse there is probably a little round wheel. When you get to the main forum lay your finger on that wheel then move your finger toward yourself. The sticky threads magically disappear.

Or if you want to be a really great magician. If your using MS Internet Explorer you can push the wheel down to click the button underneath it. After you release the button you can move your mouse down and the sticky threads will very slowly disappear. This is much more impressive.:D

I have an IQ of 130 :D