New table came today!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the response, appreciate it - for a 9' at 1200 pounds that would be one mean feat!

Glen, do you think the one piece Pro Am is superior to a 3 piece slate? It sure looks like it is a more fool proof table than a 3 piece but I wouldn't want to have to move it.

No, not when the 3 piece clate is steel plate joined together with 5 steel plates per seam. The difference being is the table can be disassembled and moved again without the need of any special equipment. I just finished setting up a Diamond 7ft in Portland, OR.that i originally set up for the customer in San Francisco in a second floor apartment. Dan, the customer actually disassembled the table himself after paying close attention to how i put it together, so taking it apart and moving it himself was no big deal.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Boss, have you installed many 9' Diamond Paragon tables? I called to order but they said they would be getting Dymandwood in Spring or early summer so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wait.

I would love to see some pics of the available colors right now whether it's a fully assembled table or just a sample. I've searched high and low for pics. Thanks a ton. Hope you are the installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diamond hasnt really sold many of the paragon tables, but yes, im very familiar with them from top to bottom. I was actually at the factory when Donny, the shop forman designed and built the very first one. Im going back out on the road again in the next couple of months, but I'll be in and out of WA state pretty often as im moving my shop from the Yakima area up to the Spokane area. I'm discussing setting up a Diamond distribution center to the 7 northwestern states for Diamond that way everyting coming this way goes through my shop for delivery.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I care what he thinks. (##)..I may not always like what he says, or the way he says it, but when it comes to pool tables, RKC knows what he's doing - big time. Nobody can dispute that.

Never have argued his mechanical skills..Its his overbearing, 'know-it-all' personality that grates on my nerves! :cool:

PS..(##)..Amen to that! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Boss, have you installed many 9' Diamond Paragon tables? I called to order but they said they would be getting Dymandwood in Spring or early summer so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wait.

I would love to see some pics of the available colors right now whether it's a fully assembled table or just a sample. I've searched high and low for pics. Thanks a ton. Hope you are the installer.

If you go to my Facebook page, Glen Hancock, same avatar as mine here, i have several picture'sof the Paragon 9ft i set up in CA a couple of years ago.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Never have argued his mechanical skills..Its his overbearing, 'know-it-all' personality that grates on my nerves! :cool:

No, never argued it, just belittled the hell out of it....thats all. Im just a cloth installer according to you, like 100s of other people, and any good do-it-yourselfer can do what i do....yeah, right...LOL

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, never argued it, just belittled the hell out of it....thats all. Im just a cloth installer according to you, like 100s of other people, and any good do-it-yourselfer can do what i do....yeah, right...LOL

Yes, if they had been doing it for 40 yrs. like you have, any average 'do-it-yourselfer' could easily duplicate your work!..Its just not 'rocket science', like you make it out to be...LOL!..I ain't too bright, but it only took me 5 yrs. (not 40) to become a very competitive pool player, do you see me crowing about it? :thumbup:

PS..Now if you were rebuilding and repairing spaceships, we'd be impressed!..:p :p :p

G'night all!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, if they had been doing it for 40 yrs. like you have, any average 'do-it-yourselfer' could easily duplicate your work!..Its just not 'rocket science', like you make it out to be...LOL!..I ain't too bright, but it only took me 5 yrs. (not 40) to become a very competitive pool player! :thumbup:

PS..Now if you were rebuilding and repairing spaceships, we'd be impressed!..:p :p :p

G'night all!

Well, whats funny about what you said is that i seldom ever just install cloth as in....recover a pool table. I rebuild, redesign, and modify the pool tables i work on to a level that no other person on the planet does.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes, if they had been doing it for 40 yrs. like you have, any average 'do-it-yourselfer' could easily duplicate your work!..Its just not 'rocket science', like you make it out to be...LOL!..I ain't too bright, but it only took me 5 yrs. (not 40) to become a very competitive pool player, do you see me crowing about it? :thumbup:

G'night all!

You know so much about what i do, or at least THINK you do, name ONE person that works on pool tables that has designed a machine to cut the frame of a GC flat, so the slates woll be sitting on a 100% flat frame, which requires less leveling of the slates.

Attachments

• 20151022_133836_480x480.jpg
    20151022_133836_480x480.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 20151023_164949_480x480.jpg
    20151023_164949_480x480.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 20151023_164522_480x480.jpg
    20151023_164522_480x480.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 324

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go to my Facebook page, Glen Hancock, same avatar as mine here, i have several picture'sof the Paragon 9ft i set up in CA a couple of years ago.

Cool. I sent a friend request ( Lee Baldwin) I can't see all of your pictures until I'm your friend

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking Diamond. It looks like it has a grey label. I read on here that they will make a black label is you request it... but from what i've read it was bluelabel for earlier diamonds and red label. I have not heard of a grey label? That's what I see in the photo... but pehaps a photo enhancement program made it happen?

Anything new to know here??? guys?? about grey labels?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4e99a13051510b28ac750d503cc90c43.jpg

Thx Glen! This table looks amazing and so does the OP's.

Is the Paragon you installed in this picture made of Dymondwood?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

G'night all!

I do not agree with your statement at all. People may be able to disassemble and reassemble things properly with repetition but as far as perfecting innovative ways of modifying and repairing tables you dont just learn that with experience. I have worked with enough people in my trade to know your statement is incorrect.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

G'night all!

When I see do-it yourselfers do my line of work in the cabinetmaking field it's laughable 95% of the time. Guys claim that they do custom work while they buy all parts cut to size and assemble. They don't manufacture a single component from kiln dried rough lumber.

I could put in the hours and rebuild tables, But I don't because I know better and also have better things to do in my life. This is why Glen is swamped with work. He's a true table mechanic in every sense of the word. If you think you could take up trying to do the work he does without skill in woodworking, understanding the needs of different tables and work with urgency then I would love to see a project you've tackled. I'm willing to bet a large sum you will give up before finishing.

There seems to be about a 1/2 dozen guys here that enjoy ripping into his work, I've yet to see anyone do it better.