What would be your choice of car for a Pool Road Trip?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure if I would take one of those on a road trip around the country. I doubt there are many car charging stations in middle of Texas.

Tesla has free super charger sites just about every 60-70 miles on all major freeways and all around major cities. I think Teslas can go 99% across the US hitting the free super charger sites. No other electric car manufacture has done this.

Attachments

• Super.jpg
    Super.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tesla has free super charger sites just about every 60-70 miles on all major freeways and all around major cities. I think Teslas can go 99% across the US hitting the free super charger sites. No other electric car manufacture has done this.

That is nice, not sure I would trust myself to an all electric car yet unless I knew exactly where I would be all the time and for how long. Not until Shell/Exonn/etc... line up electric chargers along with gas and even then you are sitting there waiting for a charge vs 5 minutes to fill a tank.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is nice, not sure I would trust myself to an all electric car yet unless I knew exactly where I would be all the time and for how long. Not until Shell/Exonn/etc... line up electric chargers along with gas and even then you are sitting there waiting for a charge vs 5 minutes to fill a tank.

Yes, not for everyone. I am retired and not in a hurry. Took 2500 trip to San Diego and it took 2 hours longer each way. But, I saved about $400 in gasoline costs. that's $100 @ hour. Worth it to me.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^ Where I come from, the guy pulling up in a fancy car and pulling a 7K cue out of a 1K case will almost always need a bigger spot than the guy driving that car.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^ Where I come from, the guy pulling up in a fancy car and pulling a 7K cue out of a 1K case will almost always need a bigger spot than the guy driving that car.
Are you asking for a spot??? ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not mine, just a photo I found. I'd love to drive across the country in an early Bronco.

IMG_4283.JPG

Forget the crappy pool road trip, just get a Nissan GTR. No matter which year really.

That car looks awesome. Would love to go on a road trip in that.

Attachments

• 17TDIeulhd_GTRHelios026.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg
    17TDIeulhd_GTRHelios026.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 280

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Sprinter van with propane stove, propane refrigerator and a queen size bed.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Show up in this and you might get a little weight

View attachment 461062

I like this approach. You gotta have something that will start every time you need it to and gets from point A to B without question. Good fuel economy is common sense, and comfort is subjective matter which will turn out to be the difference between you leaving with two people and returning with one. Get something with room in it. It just works out that way. A mini van is the best choice IMO for keeping costs down.

If you want the perfect road vehicle, buy one of these mini cargo vans from Dodge, Chevy or Ford. They get good mileage and you can sleep in the suckers pretty comfortably. Im buying one pretty soon because I think they are the smartest vehicle anyone can own in this economy.

slt-cargo-bright-white.png

Lesh

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I am currently traveling in for work. I play pool along the way, too, so I guess this qualifies as my pool road trip rig. :smile:

Traveling%20Rig_zpsgwmoql0m.jpg

Last edited:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
While not subtle, this car would be just fine by me.
There are a lot of rumors circulating that there is a S&TB reboot in the works. Some classic movies should just be left as is.

Trans-Am-Reboot.jpg

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
1964 Ford Thunderbolt 427

I don't have the car, but the engine is now in my '68 F250 4x4.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 295

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sprinter van, if this 'road trip' is more than 2 days.

Reality, more likely:

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 266

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
From a range of $125K to $250K you could kick off your road trip in anyone of 3 trim line models of these from Fiberglass Freaks of Indiana. https://buybatparts.com/cms/

You might be wise to restrict your trip to the states with the lower amounts of annual rainfall though.

(RIP Adam West :( ).

timthumb.php