Mosconi Cup week 2018

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone else feel momentum has shifted again, and *again* in/after/during a match where Tyler Styer was involved?

Two world class players in Shaw and Niels made their outs and won.
Honestly, that doesn't surprise me.

Now it's time for our world class player in Shane to make his out and finish this thing off.

Edit: I forgot Kaci was next vs billy...that's an X Factor so who knows

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
I'm thinking Thorpe has got this.

If not, then that will be interesting scenario. SVB vs. Kazakis...that's a lot of pressure for Kazakis. That's one of those he will either be a hero or a choker, no in between.

This isn't going to the captain's pick.

But it it were....

Who would EU pick? I'm thinking Albin or Niels. Who would the USA pick? I'm thinking SVB or Skyler. I'd go with SVB. Skyler had done enough. Putting the USA on the HILL ...and sitting so long, it would be mentally catastrophic to throw him into a hill-hill match, likely against an opponent looking for payback from an earlier loss.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey played bad. The break was in his head. Dogging that 8-ball made it worse. His safety play speed control was off, he gave up some shots. And let's not forget how he gave back the push to Niels and he buried it.

Yeah, Niels played way good, while Corey played way bad.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking Thorpe has got this.

If not, then that will be interesting scenario. SVB vs. Kazakis...that's a lot of pressure for Kazakis. That's one of those he will either be a hero or a choker, no in between.

But it it were....

Who would EU pick? I'm thinking Albin or Niels. Who would the USA pick? I'm thinking SVB or Skyler. I'd go with SVB. Skyler had done enough. Putting the USA on the HILL ...and sitting so long, it would be mentally catastrophic to throw him into a hill-hill match, likely against an opponent looking for payback from an earlier loss.

Kaci had shown nerves getting to him, I think it will be a factor here. Billy seems comfortable and focused enough to get it done.

Gotta win the lag!!!

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But it it were....

If there’s any reason to put SVB last, it’s so he can play two in a row if necessary. That’s a huge edge over sitting for 5 matches. And if SVB wins, Sky would still be MVP.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Here's my insane prediction.

The last time USA won was in 2009 and it was SVB that delivered the last 9-ball to win the trophy with a score of 11-7. I predict Europe is gonna make a comeback and it will go down to match 5 with USA leading 10-9. It will be SVB vs Kazakis to decide who wins. If Kazakis wins and ties it up, it will go to Captains pick. If Shane wins, he will make it come full circle.

I called it at 12:44PM today.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Kaci up 3-2. Thorpe's gonna need some kind of mistake from Kaci yo take this match.