Mosconi Cup week 2018

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi Team USA on the hill...

Skylar just smacked down Albin Ouchon 5-4 with an outstanding out from nowhere to put USA on the hill baby:thumbup:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a pressure packed Jump Shot he made at hill hill :eek:

Capture.jpg

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I don't think Albin made a mistake and lost, Skyler one very bad safety attempt otherwise perfect I think.

Skyler tried to hide the two ball and overran, leaked out.
Then Albin played a pretty good safe, hiding the two and leaving nothing but a one rail kick.
Skyler kicked at it and left it tough (beside the six ball).
Albin tried to play safe and also left the two close to the corner and easily makeable.

So they both blew a safety on the same ball.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As goofy and entertaining as it was i'm glad the mods swept this away. I think that dude grew up in a house full of lead paint. Thanks AZ mods whoever you may be. ;)

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Albin played great. He was and is EU's best player in this tournament. So taking him down was big for the USA.

Albin really didn't make any mistakes I can remember. He played near perfect. Skyler botched the safe, but that's about it. I really thought it was going to come down to Skyler losing this because he lost the lag!

Albin was the most consistent player in the whole MC. And played great. He's an MVP in my book.

Tyler was nervous. He choked. Considering it was 5-3...and considering the two shots that Tyler dogged on clearly winnable racks - this was Tyler's to win and close out the MC.

Unlike others, I generally don't care either way about Jayson's antics. But...he shouldn't be that hyped up for winning that match given how he himself played (not that great) and the fact that his opponent essentially handed him the win.

Tyler should not be ashamed or given too much heat for this. He's a MC rookie and a rookie overall in the pro scene. Hardly anyone knew his name and he came up BIG in the previous days. The big dogs playing in this MC had bad days too....

OK....

Deuel needs to show something here. He's been just average.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was interesting facts about Niels and Corey the announcers were taking about during that last break.
I didn't know they were close like that

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is leading up to be an epic Shane "weight of the country on his shoulders" match.
I don't have any more finger nails to bite off.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone else feel momentum has shifted again, and *again* in/after/during a match where Tyler Styer was involved?

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Corey played bad. The break was in his head. Dogging that 8-ball made it worse. His safety play speed control was off, he gave up some shots. And let's not forget how he gave back the push to Niels and he buried it.