Siming Chen vs Donny Mills

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
She plays really rather quick and decisive. I don't see any weaknesses. That table seemed like it was playing a tad slow.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I found it interesting that she couldn't visualize a four rail kick shot when it came up. She tried it three times and never came close. Efren would have hit it the first time. She wasn't even in the ball park on her 'guesses.' It tells me she has never played any Three Cushions. Not a glaring weakness but a weakness just the same.
That's fair enough. She may have a weakness with multi-rail kick shots. I wonder if this is something that Donny is better at than her though.

Also, if she got to a 783 rating without being good at multi-rail kicks, then it tells me that being great at these type of kicks shots is not that important to play great pool.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the non Facebook people..... is the stream info available for this match yet?

"It’s a two day event, Best of 3 Sets on Feb. 23-24 with 5pm EST starting time for both days. Folks you won’t be disappointed, this is a collaboration between Roy’s Basement Promotion and HighRock Productions Live Streaming capabilities. We are setting a new standard for pool’s PPV events

2 day event priced at just $9.95"

https://iframe.dacast.com/b/123139/c/491513

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, thanks for the stream link!

That looks like a different back end stream provider from all the other pool streams. I wonder who it is.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Great, thanks for the stream link!

That looks like a different back end stream provider from all the other pool streams. I wonder who it is.

Roy talks about the streamer in Chen's race against the ghost.... race starts around
2 hrs. in.

He said they are a high end streamer with "lots" of cameras. Top Shelf(we'll see)
Should be an interesting event:thumbup:

I've got a feeling Roy's in it for the long haul. I hope this becomes a monthly event.

If the stream is on par with what's available now, it'll be hard to beat for $10.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Page,
-did you bet on the match? (I’m offering a few lines Incase you are interested;) )
-if Donny wins will you consider the top women a Fargo creep runaway since they have almost zero “direct” coupling with the men? Karen and Jasmine are really the only links.
-I did read your blog post where you say the match doesn’t mean much.
- After this match, we will have 28 games from the first match, and possibly 120 or so games additional if this match is close and goes all 3 sets. That seems like it would be a decent direct couple between these two players.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are they playing 9 ball?

I was wondering that as well. Did Donny request it so that he can use his "better than Corey" rack reading skills? Or did Siming request it thinking that Donny's break is harder, and that advantage would not be as big if they play 9 ball.

Or some completely other reason?

Anyone know?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Page,
-did you bet on the match? (I’m offering a few lines Incase you are interested;) )
-if Donny wins will you consider the top women a Fargo creep runaway since they have almost zero “direct” coupling with the men? Karen and Jasmine are really the only links.
-I did read your blog post where you say the match doesn’t mean much.
- After this match, we will have 28 games from the first match, and possibly 120 or so games additional if this match is close and goes all 3 sets. That seems like it would be a decent direct couple between these two players.

I don't bet on pool anymore.

The amount of "direct" coupling between top 100 women and men over 700 might be 10,000 games or so. So adding 100 just doesn't mean anything.