US Open stream...............

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Shaw is up 7-0. He makes it look so easy.

About to be 8-0 after he makes a jump bank on the 1 followed by perfect position on the 2.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Shaw is up 7-0. He makes it look so easy.

About to be 8-0 after he makes a jump bank on the 1 followed by perfect position on the 2.

This is on par with that iconic defeat Shaw had over Mika at turning stone in 20 minutes.
Although not as fast, Shaw is dominating the table. Corey doesn't even have a chance so far.

Mika just said in interview that this was the most difficult tournament has ever played in.
That's a big compliment to Matchroom.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
This is on par with that iconic defeat Shaw had over Mika at turning stone in 20 minutes.
Although not as fast, Shaw is dominating the table. Corey doesn't even have a chance so far.

Mika just said in interview that this was the most difficult tournament has ever played in.
That's a big compliment to Matchroom.

I saw that live and I enjoyed every minute of it!! Oh Mika... You had it coming to ya 😉

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that live and I enjoyed every minute of it!! Oh Mika... You had it coming to ya 😉

I was there too...I was so glad Upstate Al got it on video because nobody I know would've believed my if I told them how fast the match was. Also watching Mika progressively throw the tantrum while he racked and racked was a comedy

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey loses 11-1, early enough for (it sounds like) Shane vs. Chua on the TV table.

Maybe the Americans can go 1-6 on the TV table today.

Corey scratched in the side with a carom off one of the remaining balls on the table and conceded the final 3 balls.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the Shaw post match interview, he mentioned it has taken him several months/one year to get used to his new cue. But did not mention the manufacturer. Is he still with Meucci? I did not see the logo on his shirt.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
He scratched off camera. I think it was maybe cross side scratch?

Thanks. I didn't see the cue ball come back across the table. I'm thinking maybe when he cut the 6 ball thin the cue ball ran into the 8 (which was near the 6) and went into the side pocket. I guess he just conceded after that.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the Shaw post match interview, he mentioned it has taken him several months/one year to get used to his new cue. But did not mention the manufacturer. Is he still with Meucci? I did not see the logo on his shirt.

After he won the last turning stone, I asked him what he thought of the new cue and he was having problems...he was using one with a wrap, and he said he just got the first ones delivered and he was having issues (didn't like the residue it was leaving on his hand)...and he still won turning stone. He used to be with Meucci, but I think he is with a Chinese 8 ball cue company. I can't remember the exact name.

It looks like he is back to playing with the wrapless model.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He is with Peri cues now but someone said he might have Meucci shaft on it. Not sure but ringwork does not match cue.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Looks like Shane is gonna have his hands full in this match. Chua looks sharp and ready to play.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After he won the last turning stone, I asked him what he thought of the new cue and he was having problems...he was using one with a wrap, and he said he just got the first ones delivered and he was having issues (didn't like the residue it was leaving on his hand)...and he still won turning stone. He used to be with Meucci, but I think he is with a Chinese 8 ball cue company. I can't remember the exact name.

It looks like he is back to playing with the wrapless model.

He is with Peri cues now but someone said he might have Meucci shaft on it. Not sure but ringwork does not match cue.

Thank you both for the info.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Siming Chen down 8-3.

Billy Thorpe down 3-0 to the pool monster that is Chang Jung-Lin.