Help and trade.

John Brumback

Silver Member
I've tried looking it up with no luck. I'm trying to find ( and have) all my past finishes ( one pocket,banks, and 9ball and Master of the table) of the last 17 dcc's.

I would trade one of my dvd's for the list if anyone can get it to me. Thanks, John B.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I've tried looking it up with no luck. I'm trying to find ( and have) all my past finishes ( one pocket,banks, and 9ball and Master of the table) of the last 17 dcc's.

I would trade one of my dvd's for the list if anyone can get it to me. Thanks, John B.

Damnit John...... How bout I take you fishing on the Waccamw instead

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never mind, here's a freebie for ya, sir. Please dont pick on me! :bow-down:
1884.gif

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, I wasn't able to get exactly what you wanted, but was able to put together a document showing "all" of your tournament places since 1999. Most years you only played the DCC, so its almost what you wanted.

I just tried posting it here, but it won't let me. If you send me your email, I'll send it that way.

Nick

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John, I wasn't able to get exactly what you wanted, but was able to put together a document showing "all" of your tournament places since 1999. Most years you only played the DCC, so its almost what you wanted.

I just tried posting it here, but it won't let me. If you send me your email, I'll send it that way.

Nick

try to take a pic of it and up load the pic
would like to see the list
check your pm for my email if you cant post it

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nick

Can you copy/ paste the text? What format is it?

I take it that people are still processing the awesomeness of my art,.

John Brumback

Silver Member

Nick

Thanks! I knew you could do it:D johnbrumback.com or jhbpool1@aol.com John B.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the file for all to see. I saved each page separately so it would upload on AZB. It,s just screenshots of all of John's earnings put on one document. I believe you have to be a gold member to see more than the most recent few years.

Continued next post for final years...

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Reactions: bbb

John Brumback

Silver Member
Thanks!!!

That didn't take long! And thanks to AZB also !! Let me know which one and where to send it.
Much appreciated. John B.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
John, I'm curious....
How much better would your record be if they played full rack banks?

John Brumback

Silver Member
John, I'm curious....
How much better would your record be if they played full rack banks?

I hate to brag or guess but since YOU asked:D I think I would have won a bunch of em.
I have won every single full rack bank tourney since the first one that I played in 1986.About 12 to 14 and still counting......IMO short rack is not even bank pool really.It's banking but that's about it.IMO Full rack bank is the most skillful game with the least amount of luck than any pool game I can think of. There is no way to luck out and that goes for the break also. With short rack banks there's alot riding on the rack and the break and all of that crap.

Playing real full rack bank you have to play safe off of the break, so there is no luck there either. You don't have to be a "racker" or a "breaker" You just play the game. John B.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I hate to brag or guess but since YOU asked:D I think I would have won a bunch of em.
I have won every single full rack bank tourney since the first one that I played in 1986.About 12 to 14 and still counting......IMO short rack is not even bank pool really.It's banking but that's about it.IMO Full rack bank is the most skillful game with the least amount of luck than any pool game I can think of. There is no way to luck out and that goes for the break also. With short rack banks there's alot riding on the rack and the break and all of that crap.

Playing real full rack bank you have to play safe off of the break, so there is no luck there either. You don't have to be a "racker" or a "breaker" You just play the game. John B.

That pretty much ties in with what an older Black player told me in '78....
...he said the moves were more complicated than one-hole.
He was in his late 40s but could still hang with the youngbloods.

He DID say that one pocket was second where knowledge was as important as the stroke.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Growing up in the burbs of Chicago, all we ever played was safe break full rack banks (I'm sure it was the same everywhere else back then). No such thing as crack em open, make a ball & shoot again. No kisses/combinations or air shots was the dialogue and I feel confident in saying that was the way you most likely the way you first learned.

John Brumback

Silver Member
Growing up in the burbs of Chicago, all we ever played was safe break full rack banks (I'm sure it was the same everywhere else back then). No such thing as crack em open, make a ball & shoot again. No kisses/combinations or air shots was the dialogue and I feel confident in saying that was the way you most likely the way you first learned.

Yes,you have to "bank" a ball before you can shoot again:wink: John B.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eddie Taylor

Yes,you have to "bank" a ball before you can shoot again:wink: John B.

John, I greatly admire your banking ability and knowlege. I think you could hang with Bugs and maybe with Eddie Taylor. I saw both of them play, although by then, Taylor was past his prime. I did see him make three banks in a row...long rail, short rail, then into the side pocket against Weenie Beenie. I think they were just foolin' around or playing cheap.

A big difference that I can see is that they were playing mostly on Brunswick Gold Crowns, which had different angle cuts on the pockets. I think some of your shots that rattle now on Diamond tables, would have fallen in on Gold Crowns.

What do you think?
Also, how did you like the new cue ball that they used at the DCC?

John Brumback

Silver Member
John, I greatly admire your banking ability and knowlege. I think you could hang with Bugs and maybe with Eddie Taylor. I saw both of them play, although by then, Taylor was past his prime. I did see him make three banks in a row...long rail, short rail, then into the side pocket against Weenie Beenie. I think they were just foolin' around or playing cheap.

A big difference that I can see is that they were playing mostly on Brunswick Gold Crowns, which had different angle cuts on the pockets. I think some of your shots that rattle now on Diamond tables, would have fallen in on Gold Crowns.

What do you think?
Also, how did you like the new cue ball that they used at the DCC?

Thanks,I haven't talked to any players that like that cball.
I can make most GC's look like a bar box compared to a Diamond when playing bank pool:wink:. John B.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The nice thing about 9-ball banks is that it introduced a lot of new players to bank-pool.

I think if it was full rack, it would be hard to get a fifty-field.

But I would like to see a full rack bank tournament.

Playing the short version is kinda like playing gin till you got enough players for the poker game.