Need help on howto remove residual chalk mark on table

monxing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone! I've been using Chalk-Off to clean my almost year old cloth on my table. Table's clean except for that spot where most people break from. Now there's that white spot in that area, and I would like to get rid of it. Any better ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 478

monxing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a close up of the chalk mark on the table.

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 387

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I believe they are burn marks from the ball skidding there.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope our table mechanics chime in on this one. You might want to post this in the talk to a mechanic section too.

As far as I've ever known the white spot was where the cloth was worn in more from use. Using a piece of break cloth would definitely cut down on getting those for sure but how to get rid of those would be cool to know if it's even possible without recovering the table.

Hope there's a good answer on this one as I'd love to know too.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not chalk...it is a burn mark and it is there to stay. Not really, it will get worse over time.

You can put something under the CB when you break, like a piece of scrap cloth or paper.

Interestingly, I cannot find a pic of the burn mark via google.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table- I reversed the cloth and you can see the near side has noticible marks at both ends. It actually has it in all 4 rail break places. Also, you can see the burn lines approaching current rack area from the CB travelling/ bouncing toward rack.
attachment.php

monxing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope our table mechanics chime in on this one. You might want to post this in the talk to a mechanic section too.

As far as I've ever known the white spot was where the cloth was worn in more from use. Using a piece of break cloth would definitely cut down on getting those for sure but how to get rid of those would be cool to know if it's even possible without recovering the table.

Hope there's a good answer on this one as I'd love to know too.

I'll try and post thread in the mechanic's section. One of our AZ mechanics actually installed new cloth and rails for me 11 months ago. And I'm very happy with it.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table- I reversed the cloth and you can see the near side has noticible marks at both ends. It actually has it in all 4 rail break places. Also, you can see the burn lines approaching current rack area from the CB travelling/ bouncing toward rack.
attachment.php

Too many balls....

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rub the Simonis cloth with a damp terry cloth towel. You can clean the whole table in this manner and it will make the cloth look new.

I use a damp terry cloth towel after about 5 - 10 hours of use. It is best to wait 30 minutes or so after cleaning to let the table dry.

Burn marks have to be rubbed with some effort and usually disappear. Sometimes it takes two or three washings to get the burn marks out and the cloth restored.

For those who object, I have been doing this for 20 years and have kept Simonis cloth looking new until I change the cloth every four years or so.

PS, it will also remove residual chalk from the table. Be sure to clean under the rails and the top of the rails as well. For the next hour or so you can use the table with no chalk dust on your hands. Commercial products are not needed

I buy the terry cloth towels from lowes or Home Depot. Fold into four quarters and use each quarter for one quarter of the table. When you are done the cloth can be washed but it never comes white again and I use as paint rags.

Last edited:

monxing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rub the Simonis cloth with a damp terry cloth towel. You can clean the whole table in this manner and it will make the cloth look new.

I use a damp terry cloth towel after about 5 - 10 hours of use. It is best to wait 30 minutes or so after cleaning to let the table dry.

Burn marks have to be rubbed with some effort and usually disappear. Sometimes it takes two or three washings to get the cloth restored.

For those who object, I have been doing this for 20 years and have kept Simonis cloth looking new until I change the cloth every four years or so.

Terry cloth as in regular face towel or bath towel material, right? I'll try that when I get home tonight.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry cloth as in regular face towel or bath towel material, right? I'll try that when I get home tonight.

Terry cloth as in paint rags from Lowe's. Something like a tea towel. I think I pay $10.00 for a dozen or so.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Burn marks have to be rubbed with some effort and usually disappear. Sometimes it takes two or three washings to get the burn marks out and the cloth restored.

This works for me also. Do not be afraid to wet/soak the rag. Wring it out gently and wipe the cloth. The cloth will dry nicely.