Cuemaker wont ship my cue

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snowmon34......the two figures you tossed out are very disconcerting numbers to read.......that's a long time & lotta moola.........Ouch!

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snowmon34......the two figures you tossed out are very disconcerting numbers to read.......that's a long time & lotta moola.........Ouch!

Bava..

Here's a more accurate time line..

The cue builder / customer relationship started in 12/06, and ended 09/08..

My first custom order was placed approx. 05/2007, and I would say my last custom order was place around 05/2008.. So during that 12 months I sent Jeff over 5000.00 in cash for pre-paid custom orders.

Not one custom cue was made, and I got my money back in Mid September, or early October of 2008...

So for the sake of argument lets call it 12 months and 5000.00....lol

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After several months of this horrible process, this is what I have been left with. Patrick offered to fix it but I have decided to put the experience behind me and move on. I felt obligated to post pictures so everyone can see the work Steve does. Disappointing is the nicest way I can put it. If he was an honest upstanding person, the quality of his work would be enough to look elsewhere. Add in everything else and you would quickly see that no sane person would use him for any cue projects. It really is unfortunate.
As of now, I'm hoping to find someone that could get the joint fixed properly. If someone has time to do it please let me know. I'm already 140.00+ into it so why stop now? Thanks for everyone's help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 438

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After several months of this horrible process, this is what I have been left with. Patrick offered to fix it but I have decided to put the experience behind me and move on. I felt obligated to post pictures so everyone can see the work Steve does. Disappointing is the nicest way I can put it. If he was an honest upstanding person, the quality of his work would be enough to look elsewhere. Add in everything else and you would quickly see that no sane person would use him for any cue projects. It really is unfortunate.
As of now, I'm hoping to find someone that could get the joint fixed properly. If someone has time to do it please let me know. I'm already 140.00+ into it so why stop now? Thanks for everyone's help.

Damn dude that is horrible! I feel for you bro. I just wanna say I know everyone has their favorite cue maker for various reasons that they love ( right up until they get shafted ). There definitely are some good makers that are professional and talented too. For anyone looking for a quality cue, great value, beautiful work and never ever have to worry about any funny business, outrageous delays etc etc I want to recommend Bob Frey. Not to say a mistake has never happened, but I've been around Frey / Frey cues for 20 years now and have not experienced anything but the highest level of quality and true professionalism nor have I ever heard otherwise. I do know for a fact that no cue leaves his shop until he considers it perfect. Just food for thought for those that may not already know.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
For anyone looking for a quality cue, great value, beautiful work and never ever have to worry about any funny business, outrageous delays etc etc I want to recommend Bob Frey. I do know for a fact that no cue leaves his shop until he considers it perfect. Just food for thought for those that may not already know.

I'll second this, I've known Bob over 30 years now, always superlative work on time. I've also trumpeted his skills here but somehow he still after all these years only has a cult following,

I've watched as the new "hot" cue makers come like Zinzola, Klapp, Gracio & receive all these accolades from members here until all of them sh*t the bed & screw people over & then disappear, yet Bob stays solid as a rock, never wavering. One of the most underrated cue makers ever.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the finished product? doesn't even look like it has finish on it? Very strange for anyone to let this out of there shop knowing full well there going to get lambasted for it.There's really no defence at all why anyone would think this is exceptable .

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked for no finish. Maybe he thought I didn't want the cue to ever be be "finished" which is why he kept it so long. :grin: :rolleyes:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I asked for no finish. Maybe he thought I didn't want the cue to ever be be "finished" which is why he kept it so long. :grin: :rolleyes:

Shit like this makes me want to get OK at cue making quick so I can make my own just how I want ;)

Jland

Registered
Nm I see them, damn lol that looks like shit....

Sent from my SM-N910V using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Jland

Registered
I would spread this work to others. ... I'm a custom cue maker and this is completely un acceptable. He didn't face it properly before gluing his collar on. Most likely due to him not indexing the material and possibly trying to due cue work on a crap lathe

Jland

Registered
You should have gotten a tracking number, I ship all my items priority shipping with tracking and insurance for $9-$13 .

Jland

Registered
Contact Ryan at muellers..He does great work..
He goes by Ratcues on azb.
Looks like you got screwed, no good cue maker would put out work like this... I've tried reading allot of this post there is allot of shady crap going on. I really feel for you. My name is Joeseph Rose , with ( Rose Cues ) and I'm not sure if your problem has been fixed yet, but at this point I'm pissed off at Wanna be cue smith's. I'm willing to hook you up, if you pay shipping cost and $10 to cover the bare materials I'll redue that work and make it PERFECT and it will only take me 1 week . Well the work will only take a few hours at very most but cure time and then putting on the clear coat letting that cure and etc. Not sure if you have already got this fixed don't have allot of time to read all this post due to it being so freaking big lol but I'm willing to donate my time to helping you out, you can visit my Rose Cues facebook page and read my reviews, they are all 5 star ratings. I'm a retired military vet. Let me know if I can be of any service to you jorose95@gmail.com

Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

What a hack job! He is not a cuemaker, if he was under me in the shop I would fire him on the spot!!!!!!!!

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
So I guess Steve Klapp is in the wind ??
Has anyone had contact with him at all.. if theres anyone that's planning a trip to his shop, home or the police, please contact me, I have a cue to add to the long list.
Sent him a one of a kind Custom 3 Huebler Cue in 11/15. I had done a lot of business with him over the years with no problems.. But now no calls , no response on PM or email.
Hell I just want the un repaired cue returned, the payment for the repair is nothing compared to the loss of the cue. if needed I have pics of the cue.
if any one has any answers my email is
poolcrazy61@yahoo.com my cell is 501 454 9283

Last edited: