What can membership buy?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No wonder it's all but impossible to get banned from this forum when the moderator posts stuff like that.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Membership, I felt like I owed it to sell on this site. I will not be renewing for any other reason than to keep access to my message history. I have held out as long as realistic from other outlets, I have no desire to be on Facebook, but I keep hearing that pool is discussed and cues are sold there.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Mr. Wilson black Life doesn't matter we're not Terrace and all lives matter statements like yours makes you The terrace hey Mr. Wilson can you hear me now

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
NPR has become a cesspool of bigots. Wilson is one of them. NPR sux.

So, all NPR is no good?

I've heard this song before.....solving the problem of bigotry....
....by espousing the same philosophy.

It doesn't work....you're just adding more bigotry to the mix.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Honestly, who gives a rats hindquarters about NPR? This is a pool forum, not really the place to go for political discussion. I realize that a lot of the "internal politics" on this site comes from interactions on the NPR forum, but that's noting I'm too concerned about.

I come here to learn and talk about pool. If I wanted to learn about or discuss politics, I'd take more classes at the University, or go to an open lecture or something. Some guy can/can't (depending on which poster it is) run a rack, and now all of a sudden he is a guru on politics? Give me a break!

Since the mods "wonderful", "parsimonius" equation is taken so seriously by you, I expect that his opinons are informed by serious study of the makeup of political protest movements, the psychology of fringe members of such movements and international terrorist networks, as well as specific studies of the groups in question? I also assume he somehow has access to as of yet unreleased information from law enforcement or at least has access to privileged information from agencies and intelligence analysts? Does the post even contain a logical argument, based on facts, other than that persons feelings? If neither of these things are true, then who bloody cares what he thinks!? Nobody should care about an uninformed opinion such as this, doing so lends legitimacy to it, of which it is wholly undeserving. Do you get out of the taxi when the taxi driver makes an observation or argument with which you disagree?

What are you going to do now, boycott the forum because one guy is a <whatever you Americans call someone with opinions like that>? If someone talks rubbish at the pool hall, then I expect that you ignore that person, that strategy can be used online as well, you know. If your lifes mission is to correct everyones opinion you are:
A: Patrick Johnson
B. Going to be very busy
C: Probably getting banned

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love NPR. It allows me to monitor a segment of society I have little contact with. I consider myself a moderate leaning left of center and I feel it important to understand both sides of the center line. It is the unwillingness to understand and tolerate our differences that has divided this country. How else can one grasp ideas outside of one's own small circle of acquantances if one does not make an attempt to hear all sides. Mr Wilson has something to say and it is clearly from the conservative side. Let him speak. Whether the posting of his ideas on this forum is ethical or not is up to him to decide. Put him on ignore (if that is possible) if you do not want to read his posts. You cannot ignore all beliefs that contrast from your own if you want to progress as a person.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I finally went for GOLD membership recently because I had a few extra bucks and wanted to show my appreciation for the existence of a place I can come to and stay informed and really entertained whenever I have the desire. AZB has become a place I check out on a nearly daily basis, and it rarely disappoints.

I got the nuts in this set.

Lesh

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
NPR is great

I like NPR. Freedom of Speech. Gotta Love it. Gives you a chance to go head to head people that don't have any real idea for why they believe the way they do, they just do. So you better have your thick skin on because they are going to call you out. Then you have your beliefs and they will have theirs.

When you type an answer to someone on NPR, its you rehearsing why you believe what you do and theres a big chance you might see someone elses point and God forbid find some middle ground where you can actually agree.

Its an art our politicians seem to be ignoring and its apparent that all kinds of people are under all kinds of pressures and they blame various groups for their demise.

With pressure like that in society its high time we found some answers to it and that starts at home, then politicians pick up on it and make that their platforms for political office.

I love NPR. It allows me to monitor a segment of society I have little contact with. I consider myself a moderate leaning left of center and I feel it important to understand both sides of the center line. It is the unwillingness to understand and tolerate our differences that has divided this country. How else can one grasp ideas outside of one's own small circle of acquantances if one does not make an attempt to hear all sides. Mr Wilson has something to say and it is clearly from the conservative side. Let him speak. Whether the posting of his ideas on this forum is ethical or not is up to him to decide. Put him on ignore (if that is possible) if you do not want to read his posts. You cannot ignore all beliefs that contrast from your own if you want to progress as a person.

I finally went for GOLD membership recently because I had a few extra bucks and wanted to show my appreciation for the existence of a place I can come to and stay informed and really entertained whenever I have the desire. AZB has become a place I check out on a nearly daily basis, and it rarely disappoints.

I got the nuts in this set.

Lesh

Gold Membership is a deal. You get all this for pennies a day. You know people complain about how Pool should be this and that yet when its optional to support it or not, they choose not.

Something real bad wrong there.

I love the game and I don't mind paying my table time, if its reasonable to me getting my fix in. I get my fix in here everyday. The cost is reasonable and very much worth it.

The world does not owe any of us anything. If you want something around tomorrow you simply have to support it today.

As for Wilson Posting:

That rarely happens if you compare to the times he doesnt and he stays within his own rules. He's a man with an opinion. He's Free and even though he's the Chairman of the Board over a Romper Room of Idiots, he keeps the place in line enough but don't break the rules and then continue to push it. He might even wait a long time to call you out on something you think you're getting away with because no else notices and the discourse on the board is worth something when the Police have a little tolerance towards both sides. The right and wrong that Wilson obviously belongs on! Sorry can't help myself! lol....There is a lot of right and wrong on both sides of most arguments and it helps to try and find the middle. Most of us are trying to get to the same place we just don't always agree on how to get there.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Joint Is Going Downhill.....This Thread Helps Illustrate Why.

This is a stupid thread for AZ and I am sadly disappointed it originated with a Forum Moderator.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=430543

The thread says a great deal about the mind set of its author & the acerbic thought process used.
Beliefs, notions & ideas like this are reminiscent of the vile espoused by Governor George Wallace.

Matt B.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
^^^^^^^^^

This is a stupid thread for AZ and I am sadly disappointed it originated with a Forum Moderator.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=430543

The thread says a great deal about the mind set of its author & the acerbic thought process used.
Beliefs, notions & ideas like this are reminiscent of the vile espoused by Governor George Wallace.

Matt B.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Matt, You are the voice of reason in this case. TY, have you tried Magic Chalk? I want to send you a box if not, you haven't ordered any Kamui tips in a long time. Thx Tom

Last edited: