Alex Brick cues

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to get some personal opinions of Brick Cues. IE build, finish, hit...any opinions would be great. I've owned my Brick for 10 yrs, and am rather surprised I'm not seeing more of his work in the mainstream.
Thanks for your Opinions.
V/R

updated with pics. Alex B. was a pleasure to work with during the design/build of the cue back in 98, pls excuse the quality of pics, as I'm a digital moron. It's been my main cue for 10 years, so it's got the standard dings n' things. They'll look better when the wife comes home. Enjoy! pls comment.

good butt.jpg

good points.jpg

good one.jpg

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I have one in my shop, does not belong to me. I'm impressed with the build quality & finish. Clean & proper, dead even points, great woods, solid & sound. I don't have the shaft for it so I cannot comment on playability, but build quality & attention to detail is impressive, from another builder's point of view.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i work for him so i amy be biased,but i think he makes one of the best playing cues you can buy.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Some site members know I'm a very old friend of ALEX's that enjoy's selling his cues. I also have distain for self serving hyperbole and/or those that build false markets for their benefit.

In the spirit of the aforementioned those with interest should try them.......

Edited to add: I remember when your cue was built, I liked it then and I'm glad it found a good home:)

Last edited:

BPG24

Banned
I have had several Brick's... If you like a stiff hitter, than you should try them out... Great value compared to other cue makers.. And Alex is easy to work with...

Maybe the owner of my old 12 point Brick will see this and post a few pics.....

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
I just can't hold it anymore.
They hit like a brick. LOL
STIFF is the word.

Joey,

He changed his standard shaft taper a while ago and its now longer and more dynamic.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
ribdoner said:
Joey,

He changed his standard shaft taper a while ago and its now longer and more dynamic.
OK, didn't know that.
I tried two at a local hall.
AB was here a few years back and sold some cues here.
Well-built cues.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
I'm not sure about now, but he was making his cues with the same taper as the Kersenbrock, wich means a stiff solid hit. poolrod.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is still pretty much the same as Kers,but he blends the first 3-4 inches in now by hand.not quite as stiff as they were,but stiff nonetheless.