I know some people like to give John Barton a hard time but...

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
how can I participate when the man business sends product like this out 3 weeks ahead of schedule :thumbup:.

It was also less than 1/3 of what a Whitten in same colors was gonna cost as well.

I am thoroughly impressed :wink:. Tommy D.

Attachments

• 15749.jpeg
    15749.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 649

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
how can I participate when the man business sends product like this out 3 weeks ahead of schedule :thumbup:.

It was also less than 1/3 of what a Whitten in same colors was gonna cost as well.

That looks like an Acme case. :eek:

Maniac

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But you have to admit that the Whitten would be made of leather and not nylon. I'm not knocking it at all because it's a nice case, but there is quite a difference in cost of materials.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB cases are in a class by themselves IMO... and ive owned what most consider the cream of the crop due to quality/collectability.

If someone ask me what case to buy to keep high priced playing cues in.....JB cases, without a doubt!!!!

If someone ask me what case to put a CHEAP playing cue in.....well, acme etc...etc...

Like you, it's an obvious choice to me.

BTW:

nice!!!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you have to admit that the Whitten would be made of leather and not nylon. I'm not knocking it at all because it's a nice case, but there is quite a difference in cost of materials.

Well no one would consider JB a bad business man , he saw a tweener market and he exploited it to get people into a JB case for less money, he knows that it's a win win , he sells a case and gets more JB cases out there like buying a car a percentage will up grade from there based on the high quality, the fact that he's putting cases out there 3 weeks earlier explains why he has a problem with Mikes cases

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
JB cases are outstanding. No question about them. They are in a league of their own.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's certainly up for debate,

I have JJ cases, Longoni Giotto, Guisseppi, VIP Porper and others. They are all great cases. They do what they have to. Did not say JB cases are "The Best/One and only"...just saying they are very good cases. They set a high standard for quality. Other than the price (if that's issue) there is no reason not to buy one. Can't knock how they are made.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess

I would think leather is also much more difficult to work with then nylon. Meaning more hours of labor.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Did you really just compare a "small scale" mass-produced nylon case to a handmade leather one? Wow I don't know where to begin.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
of course the whitten will cost more. cost of labour and materials. cant compare like for like.

that said, i love my jb a little more than my whitten. the whitten is more luxurious and better looking, but the JB is better for everyday use.. for me at least. wish i could have the aesthetics of my whitten but the functionality and internals of the JB