What is inside a CF Meucci shaft

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It look like garbage. I this tech talk months ago about carbon shafts does not look like it on the inside. Its all about dampening the sound.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This explains why that shaft when I tried it felt like a standard shaft, it basically is with a coating of CF on it. I would guess the Cuetec one is the same way since that one hit with a similar feel.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know any of this. So, the $90 Chinese knock-offs are just as good. For, first it was cycling, now billiards.

This thing has been dropping in price for a while...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PREOAIDR-P...hash=item4456dfecf5:m:mtQeZE420RiGiwiCfbtHMFw

s-l1600.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i didn't believe it when someone said meucci cf was carbon-clad wood. the truth was even weirder apparently. wtf..

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are people really complaining about the way the foam looks? Did I read that right?

Should they have bleached it, or dyed it some uniform color? I don't think that would add any value to the item at all, only cost.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there an example of a CF cue that would look better than this when sliced in half?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Am I missing something here because we don't have 1 solid picture of the whole shaft in half. I believe Meucci themselves stated there was wood in the top and bottom of shaft, 3" I believe and the rest is the foam like all the other carbon shafts. Fwiw, I really love the 11.85mm version of this shaft. I mainly shoot with my Revo but I also kept a Meucci CF Pro in my case too.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In that pic, is the foam hard or soft? Can you pull it out or is it blown in there (double entendres withstanding)?

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is inside a CF meucci shaft

I will try to post a full length picture of the two broken pieces of the Meucci CF shaft for all to see . . . but not a priority at the moment - stay tuned . . .

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I didn't know any of this. So, the $90 Chinese knock-offs are just as good. For, first it was cycling, now billiards.

I get the cycling comparison. I have a big problem with obvious fakes though. Either branded exactly or similarly to an established brand. In the cycling world there are large online retailers that have their own branded carbon fibre frames. I think these OEM’s are acceptable as they are not being sold for what they’re not.

That being said. I’ve seen decent $500 carbon fiber framesets, and there just has to be more r&d, engineering and production costs that go in to building a bike frame as compared to a shaft that sells at the same price.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
What did everybody expect to find inside these shafts?

Confetti. When they burst open a nice big poof of confetti fills the air.

Attachments

• 49e3af92d9734f66a63075f7de43ba71_confetti-transparent-gif-on-gifer-by-vunris_300-300.gif
    49e3af92d9734f66a63075f7de43ba71_confetti-transparent-gif-on-gifer-by-vunris_300-300.gif
    134.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Confetti. When they burst open a nice big poof of confetti fills the air.

He is very close to being correct- there is NOTHING inside a CF shaft that will make you play better- if there was- the name of it would be PRACTICE,LEARN, COMPETE, and EXECUTE!