Centennial restoration

I just finished this Brunswick Centennial.....complete restoration top to bottom.
IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg
I converted this Centennial from a 5x10 snooker table to a 5x10 pool table with 4.5 corner pockets.....set-up in Cocoa Beach, Fla.
This table is going to the main table for live stream matches coming soon.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's about time you got that table done:grin: Great work Mark,that's WHY you're a master table mechanic...because you KNOW what you're doing....before, during...and after the job is done!!! Anyone looking to get work done like this should bypass who ever they're thinking of and just send their rails straight to you:grin::grin:

hell yeah mark:cool:

thats centerfold material right there

I kept a part of the cushion for you that has the printing on....I can't remember what it said on it right now.....but I'm waiting to get more from old tables....then I send them....I know you were asking.....so I'll get you some good ones in time.
Thanks for the plug.

Mark Gregory

JZMechanix

Silver Member
That's a great looking table and the rest of the setup looks nice too! Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how far out in the future a table like that will still be in use?? :cool:

One thing I notice, and I could be wrong, but it almost looks like the people sitting in the front row will have their view obstructed by the railing?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I kept a part of the cushion for you that has the printing on....I can't remember what it said on it right now.....but I'm waiting to get more from old tables....then I send them....I know you were asking.....so I'll get you some good ones in time.
Thanks for the plug.

Mark Gregory

cool, I'm looking forward to it.

again, great work chief, that table is frikin beautiful.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's a great looking table and the rest of the setup looks nice too! Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how far out in the future a table like that will still be in use?? :cool:

One thing I notice, and I could be wrong, but it almost looks like the people sitting in the front row will have their view obstructed by the railing?

Jack...pool tables only last as long as great table mechanic's work on them, this table Mark did...was already dump worthy before he started working on it. A hack would have never fixed this table up to the condition it's now in, but would have instead taken it to the dump saying there's no way it can be fixed:grin:

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Jack...pool tables only last as long as great table mechanic's work on them, this table Mark did...was already dump worthy before he started working on it. A hack would have never fixed this table up to the condition it's now in, but would have instead taken it to the dump saying there's no way it can be fixed:grin:

True, but now that it has been restored to like new condition again I would bet that the table will be kept in tip top shape for many many years to come! (at least we would hope that it gets cared for nicely) Assuming it now has Artemis rubber, how many more years will it last? 25? 50? 150? hmmmm :shrug:

Trust me Jack, I'm not really sure just how long the 10' tables will see action ...but it looks as thou there're going to start a long trend.....and this table will be around for another 60 plus years.....I totally rebuilt the entire table...remember this was a snooker table....I hit balls on it and I wanted to take it down and bring it back home with me.

The artemis cushions that I installed play so quiet.....and track perfectly.
The seating is perfect....the first row can see everything perfectly......but the top seating is for sure the nuts looking down at the table.

Wish you could see the table.....not just the pics...and hit balls on it.

Mark Gregory

1pocketpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark,

Do you have any information regarding the action that might be streamed from this table? 1pocket maybe?

Again, congratulations on a job well done!

Mike

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The thing is, and I don't want to sound all cheesy, but its true, that this is american billiard/pool culture at it's best.
The design represents the pinnacle of style and the modus operandi for billiard enthusiasts in 1945-50.

Not to mention the fact that if the table could speak, what kind of stories could it tell about the last 6 decades of players it witnessed?
Who's hands have touched this table in the last 60 years? What was won, lost and decided at this table? You never know...

And now the saga* continues...

(with a fancy little * that denotes Marks name)

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Mark,

As I stated in my post on the main forum, you are an artist with the mechanical and cosmetics of pool tables. Fantastic conversion and rebuild on that table. The restoration of the original reddish tones on the Brazilian rose wood rails was the best I've ever seen! Just a great job!

Jay

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark and Jay thank you both!

Here's a thanks to you both. I'm grateful for the excellent work you performed on my Anniversary.
Mark, the rails are the best I've seen.... and like you say,
"perfectpocketz".
Jay, the set up and cloth are perfect as well... and you made it all happen!

Your exacting work and dedication to the craft is appreciated.

Thanks again to you both.

Dave

... and now, back to the table.... ahh, I mean office.

Triplezero

Registered
10' Centennial

Awesome work!
Here's a couple shots of my 10' Centennial I picked up in Staten Island. Super clean table. All I've done so far is sand the rails with 220, 400 then steel wool 0000. After each step I applied tung oil, then waited a day or so, hand buffed it then steel wool and buffed it again. The rosedwood grain looks incredible.
Love the blue felt!

Attachments

• IMG_0773 [1600x1200].jpg
    IMG_0773 [1600x1200].jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0776 [1600x1200].jpg
    IMG_0776 [1600x1200].jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0777 [1600x1200].jpg
    IMG_0777 [1600x1200].jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 406