My DCC experience

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
12 hours

thefifteen said:
Hi Timberly,

Dave here Darrens manager. It was great to meet you and all the other AZ members at the DCC.

I am sure we will be back next year, the tournament/action etc was everything we were lead to believe it would be. As you know we had a really bad start to the week losing some big matches and things were looking bleak for us.

Thankfully we recovered well in the last few days qne managed to leave with a smile on our faces. The action and tournaments were really tough, the match between Darren and Shane produced some of the best 8 ball I have seen particularly when you bear in mind they were playing for over 12 hours. Well played to Shane. As I mentioned if you want another game you got it if Bustamante can break for Darren:)

In summary, we had a great time and will definately be back.

Timberly do you always have to be right?
12 hours and darren was breaking for himself! sounds like that is an evan match! but darren can get played again if efren can play for shane and shane will break???

gpeezy

for sale!
me myself

my dcc wasn't near long enough.but for what time i was there i really enjoyed myself.between drinking myself sober to drunk again.or just watching the action and playing a small amount also.loved my room, very comfortable, i was actually at the east but the shuttle was always friendly and close by.next year i'm gonna be there from start to finish.hell i might even play the events.anyway any of you that have never been that read this post and love pool should go, go, go.

U

Ummagumma

Timberly said:
Paul & Benny, I hope to see you guys again next yr. Most came & went through out the week but you guys were there for the whole thing and you're both very nice folks that were nothing but kind to me. Thank you.

Hey Timbers! It was great meeting ya. You (and the claw bridge, haha :=) were one of the highlights of the AZB room. I'm glad you were there.

Stay in touch!

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Timberly, you obviously didn't see my apology. Thats to bad girl. I had a bad day and was a little annoyed. I apologized and moved on. You don't seem to be able to do so. I will repeat it for you now. I had a bad day. I was getting annoyed with all the exclusion stuff along with your attitude. I realize you were frustrated with the moneys not coming in on time and all the questions. Once again I offor my apologies for the mean spirited post I made. I hope you can forgive me. I am also very happy you had a wonderful time. I do not know what else to tell you or our Az brothers and sisters. I hope we can put this behind us and become friends .
Sincerely, Purdman:cool:[/QUOTE]

Well for what it's worth---I've met both Timberly and played pool with Purdman. I think you are both very nice people.

T

Timberly

Tennesseejoe said:
Well Timberly, you obviously didn't see my apology. Thats to bad girl. I had a bad day and was a little annoyed. I apologized and moved on. You don't seem to be able to do so. I will repeat it for you now. I had a bad day. I was getting annoyed with all the exclusion stuff along with your attitude. I realize you were frustrated with the moneys not coming in on time and all the questions. Once again I offor my apologies for the mean spirited post I made. I hope you can forgive me. I am also very happy you had a wonderful time. I do not know what else to tell you or our Az brothers and sisters. I hope we can put this behind us and become friends . Sincerely, Purdman

Well for what it's worth---I've met both Timberly and played pool with Purdman. I think you are both very nice people.
Joe, let me first say that it was a pleasure meeting you. You're defintely a gentleman and I hope to see you there next yr. ;)

As for the other thing.... I too thought Purdman was a nice guy until we went off on me. The "apology" he speaks of wasn't exactly what I would've called "sincere" since he pretensed it with he "did not find me to be particularly friendly". Yesterday he made the above post that you quoted and today, less than 24 hrs after that post, he must've read the post where I said that I would be leaving the forum (minus this thread and a scarce post every once in awhile) and he sent me this...

Purdman said:
AMF

It Ain't All About You!!

Don (Purdman) Purdy:D

Translation for those of you that don't know... "AMF" = Adios Mother F'er.

Classy huh? :rolleyes:

T

Timberly

Enough with the negative and back to me, err the good stuff I mean. :D

Let's talk about the free t-shirts that Craig (cueandcushion) gave and mailed at his own expense, to the the first 10 people that bought raffle tickets. I wore mine the first night of Derby and had a guy follow me around half the week looking for Craig because he wanted one. (Craig didn't arrive until later in the week) Craig not only donated two solid gold pool related pendants, but he also sent a ton of other things like a great dart set, custom made wooden cue holders to attach to tables, tip tools, sweat shirts, t-shirts, and more... I was like a kid on Christmas morning opening the box... I wanted to keep it all for myself! :p

On top of all that he donated, he walked around the DCC passing out passes for free pool time to the locals from his area that was at the DCC. He's a genuine, nice guy that loves the game and is a great supporter of the game and the fans. The world needs more Craig's. ;)

Craig lives in the St. Louis area and along with many (Watchez, were you affected by all of this??) suffered all kinds of set backs due to the crazy weather they've had. Tornadoes, Thunder storms, & flooding knocking out power and causing damage this summer and then all the ice & snow they've had this winter, again knocking out power and causing damage. During all of this, Craig continued to support the raffle.

Thank you Craig for ALL that you did. I hope you can make it out to Derby next yr and I hope that we get a chance to spend more time talking... We'll have to grab a burger for lunch or dinner at the bar one night so we can sit down for awhile and talk. :)

Edit on Sat morning::::

I just found this....
OldHasBeen said:
Anyone interested in really nice and unique Custom Pool Jewelry might want to call -
Cue 'n Cushion @ (314) 427-9267
I have known the Huddelston Family for over 40 years. Their poolroom is one of the best in the mid-west. As well as being a great poolroom and equipment dealer, one of the sons specializes in some very nice custom pool related jewelry. It is the best I have ever seen. Ask for Kerry Huddelston and mention that Tom Ferry told you about it.

TY & GL

Last edited:

Purdman

Banned
Timberly said:
Joe, let me first say that it was a pleasure meeting you. You're defintely a gentleman and I hope to see you there next yr. ;)

As for the other thing.... I too thought Purdman was a nice guy until we went off on me. The "apology" he speaks of wasn't exactly what I would've called "sincere" since he pretensed it with he "did not find me to be particularly friendly". Yesterday he made the above post that you quoted and today, less than 24 hrs after that post, he must've read the post where I said that I would be leaving the forum (minus this thread and a scarce post every once in awhile) and he sent me this...

Translation for those of you that don't know... "AMF" = Adios Mother F'er.

Classy huh? :rolleyes:

You are a real peice of work gal. Hell hath no wrath. AMF + Adios My Friend, See ya around, later. I do know that hate ain't to good for ya. We have a mutual dislike for each other and that is understood. I have joined Mr. Wilson and Mike on your hate list. That is really going to make a huge differance in my life. LOL See ya at VF.;)
Purd

Post a few more PM's and do some more research nit. Get a life.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Craig lives in the St. Louis area and along with many (Watchez, were you affected by all of this??) suffered all kinds of set backs due to the crazy weather they've had. Tornadoes, Thunder storms, & flooding knocking out power and causing damage this summer and then all the ice & snow they've had this winter, again knocking out power and causing damage. During all of this, Craig continued to support the raffle.

Nope, I wasn't affected. I live high on a mountain top.

I don't know Craig personally that well. We actually had a conversation once bout Craig wanting to buy a pool table from me. Kinda ironic. Anyways, I am more friendly with his brother, Kerry (sp?). BTW, if they had a Hall of Fame for businessmen, their father would have a plaque on the wall.

T

Timberly

Purdman said:
You are a real peice of work gal. Hell hath no wrath. AMF + Adios My Friend, See ya around, later. I do know that hate ain't to good for ya. We have a mutual dislike for each other and that is understood. I have joined Mr. Wilson and Mike on your hate list. That is really going to make a huge differance in my life. LOL See ya at VF.;)
Purd

Post a few more PM's and do some more research nit. Get a life.
Nope not a nit, just enjoying a relaxing cold wkend in a nice warm house. ;) As for the research, some people have a photographic memory, I on the other hand have a knack for remembering things people say. I use my "knack" for helping people when they can't remember things or when people lie or contradict themselves. Like this... :)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=25789&page=3&highlight=adios

Purdman said:
AMF

As they say in ol" Mexico!
Purdman said:
Adios My Friend or Adios Momma Focker!
Purdman:eek:
In all honesty, am I supposed to believe your PM was friendly and you meant friend? :confused: :p

watchez said:
Nope, I wasn't affected. I live high on a mountain top.

I don't know Craig personally that well. We actually had a conversation once bout Craig wanting to buy a pool table from me. Kinda ironic. Anyways, I am more friendly with his brother, Kerry (sp?). BTW, if they had a Hall of Fame for businessmen, their father would have a plaque on the wall.
Watchez, I'm glad to hear you've escaped the wrath of mother nature. The home office where I work is located in STL and I know some of them have endured all kinds of trouble this past summer and then again this winter.

I don't know if that's how Craig's brother spells his name or not but I do know that if the other Huddelstons are anything like Craig then I can understand the respect you and Tom have for them. ;) IIRC, they had some tornado damage & flooding this summer (something to that effect) but Craig didn't let it deter him. As soon as they got things in order, he sent his box of goodies and even apologized for the delay. :eek: Yep, good people IMO. :)

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I can't believe you posted that picture of my big drunk ass.:eek: If I would have known you were going to show that pic I would have at least looked at the camera.:eek:

It was great meeting you and look forward to the next time our paths cross. I didn't get the chance to meet many posters but I enjoyed spending some time with both you and Fred. You are a good person and my opinon won't change no matter what someone has to say about you.
Even if you don't post here, I'll be talking to you on the flipside.

Good luck in the future,
D

kevin s said:
That picture of ktownd is way too funny!! Can you say hammered!! I know Ktownd so next year maybe we can all get together and have a few on me!!
As for you, I am going to take you up on the beer offer. If you would have been there that night you would have had action, and I probably wouldn't have liked it. I only dropped about 250.00 in the bar that night.:D

Last edited:
T

Timberly

Ktown D said:
I can't believe you posted that picture of my big drunk ass.:eek: If I would have known you were going to show that pic I would have at least looked at the camera.:eek:

It was great meeting you and look forward to the next time our paths cross. I didn't get the chance to meet many posters but I enjoyed spending some time with both you and Fred. You are a good person and my opinon won't change no matter what someone has to say about you.
Even if you don't post here, I'll be talking to you on the flipside.

Good luck in the future,
D

As for you, I am going to take you up on the beer offer. If you would have been there that night you would have had action, and I probably wouldn't have liked it. I only dropped about 250.00 in the bar that night.:D
When I look over the pics, I can't believe I put them up either. :p Out of all of them, there's only one that I'm "happy" with. They've motivated me to get skinny again... as soon as I'm healthy. I still have the ear infection that came about right after I got home from Derby... how long ago was that, two weeks??

Kevin, he would've ran you out of the bar that night... he ran Fred & I out. He had some help running us out but he was definitely part of the problem. Poor Fred & I had so much to drink that night... it was later in the night and the beers weren't going down as fast as they were in the begining. Ktown had already bought a round and we thought we were in good shape. JR came in and bought a round (Fred & I had a lil less than half a beer at the time). Right after JR's round was delivered, Fred looked at me and said, "omg, we have another round coming"... Unbeknownst to us, Ktown had bought another round. :eek:

The rounds were greatly appreciated but Fred & I couldn't take the risk of another unannounced round so we grabbed a beer in each hand and went wandering down to the tv table where Scott Frost & Efren were playing. (Fred, that is who was playing, right?) But in the end, we made our way back to the bar for one more round at last call. We needed it like we needed another hole in our heads but we did it anyway. That was just the first Friday night. :cool:

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Thank you Timberly

Thank you for the kind words Timberly. Yes it was a hectic year with two power outages. a collapsed sewer line and an ice storm this year. Thank you Watchez for the nice words about my father. The not so nice joke people said about him/ us is..

The reason Bob had 3 sons? He needed that many to fill his shoes.
Not nice...but probably true.

My brothers are Chris and Cary. Spelled just like Cary Grant.

My brother Cary sells jewelry and I do many of the repairs and all the custom design when it is needed.

OH...and TIMBERLY!?! I did notice pictures and videos of myself...and you have nothing to worry about. The cameras obviously added about 35 to 50 pounds to me. SO I am sure it is the cameras fault. Dont worry about dieting. You looked great!

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timz

I don;t know what purdman's deal is, i don;t frequent this forum enough to know but thanks for the pics

you had a good time and maybe we'll see you next year