I paid but no video

Delaware Lar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Windows Midia Player opens, then i get a message, "windows midia player cannoct to server". Does anyone get this problem or its fix. Has anyone successfully goten live play?

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I guess it starts at 2 pm.
Monday Action:

* 2 PM: Straight Pool Exhibition
* TBD: Bank Pool Final matches
* 9 PM: Championship
* Midnight: 10-Ball Ring Game - $100 per man per game
o Johnny Archer,
o Francisco Bustamante
o Corey Deuel
o Dennis Orcollo
o Jose Parica
# All times Eastern and subject to change

Tuesday:

* One-Pocket

BCn will make every effort to keep the live feed on as much as possible. However, this is not a 24/7 broadcast and there will be times that the feed will not be live and you will not have access.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Delaware Lar said:
Windows Midia Player opens, then i get a message, "windows midia player cannoct to server". Does anyone get this problem or its fix. Has anyone successfully goten live play?

Edited in case it was very bad advice.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Double-Dave said:
This might also be caused by your virus protection / firewall software, try turning it off for a short period.

gr. Dave

Please don't do this. Firewalls often have a setting to allow certain programs to act as a server or access the internet at all so use that option to allow windows media player full access... Turning your antivirus and firewall software off for even 14 seconds pretty much guarantees at least one malware system will be installed... at least if you're running windows ;)

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Hierovision said:
Please don't do this. Firewalls often have a setting to allow certain programs to act as a server or access the internet at all so use that option to allow windows media player full access... Turning your antivirus and firewall software off for even 14 seconds pretty much guarantees at least one malware system will be installed... at least if you're running windows ;)

I get what you're saying here. It's just that I clicked on the wrong button a while back while updating media player, and now I can't access any of those direct links (the waterhole link) for instance. I can only play them when I turn off Norton, until I can figure out how to give media player the correct rights. I would agree with you that this turning off thing is generally a very bad idea.

gr. Dave

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cannot connect simply because they have not started the LIVE broadcast yet. Try again at 2 pm eastern time.

breaktime2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still nothing

It's 2:10 and I still get that message. Is it just me or are they running late?

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
breaktime2 said:
It's 2:10 and I still get that message. Is it just me or are they running late?

I cannot connect too. I keep getting the message ,'Windows Media could not connect to the server...' so maybe they have not started broadcasting yet.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing to note, which may or may not be a factor, is that there is, in fact, a one-hour time difference between the East Coast and Louisville, I think. So, if it's 2:30 p.m., EST, right now in D.C., for instance, it is only 1:30 p.m. at the DCC.

JAM

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing yet as of 2:50 pm eastern time (VA). Can anyone from BCN care to give us some feedback as to when we can expect to see some matches on the TV table for today? I would appreciate it if you can also give us a schedule for the rest of the day.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
JAM said:
One thing to note, which may or may not be a factor, is that there is, in fact, a one-hour time difference between the East Coast and Louisville, I think. So, if it's 2:30 p.m., EST, right now in D.C., for instance, it is only 1:30 p.m. at the DCC.

JAM
JAM,
Are you sure about this? While I didn't look at any clocks during my 2 days at DCC, I had the distinct impression that the time was the same as Indy (Eastern Standard). Sorry if I'm wrong.

Delaware Lar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's now 3:00pm and I still get the same error message:
"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Any suggestions?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
JAM,
Are you sure about this? While I didn't look at any clocks during my 2 days at DCC, I had the distinct impression that the time was the same as Indy (Eastern Standard). Sorry if I'm wrong.

I am not 100-percent sure, but I seem to recall the last time we went to the DCC that there was a 1-hour difference.

You being in Indiana, though, makes me think that I am wrong. :eek:

JAM

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
They are experiencing technical difficulties.

juniorchamp_ktm - I was home during my open and lunch period to eat and check AZB. ;)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Delaware Lar said:
It's now 3:00pm and I still get the same error message:
"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Any suggestions?

Larry, how much RAM do you have on your computer? I know that my previous computer, the Compaq that we both thought we so GREAT, did not have enough RAM to make some videos run properly. I would always get the old dreaded "buffering, buffering, buffering" crap.

My new computer, a Dell, has 1-something of RAM, and it sure does work a lot better on the videos. I don't get the buffering the way I used to.

My older computer, it would run the videos, but then the videos would freeze for a couple seconds, then pop on again. It was very frustrating.

However, knowing that you know more about computers than I do, you may have another problem that I am not aware of. I am not sure which Windows Media Player I am running, but it is the latest one.

Hope this helps. :)

JAM

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is an email I just got from BCN.They are having technical problems

Dear Derby City Classic Viewer,

Our system is in emergency repair at this time. We are working diligently to get it fixed. We hope to be back on line late this afternoon or early evening. All matches in Chalk-Off arena will be replayed throughout the tournament week. Stay tuned at www.billiardclub.net for all the latest updates, news and upcoming showtimes.

Thank You For Your Patience.

Sincerely,
Bcn

http://www.billiardclub.net

breaktime2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louisville is in the Eastern time zone! The web site says "technical difficulties" stand by.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
breaktime2 said:
Louisville is in the Eastern time zone! The web site says "technical difficulties" stand by.

And I do stand corrected. Sorry for any confusion! :eek:

JAM