Any new R series Schon's out there?

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's one I have had for awhile and I haven't posted any for sometime so I figure this is a good one to post hope you like it!!
What have you gotten lately??? Let's see some picture's!

Thanks in Advance!!

Jonas

P.S. I know my picture's aren't the best so please bear with me:wink:

Attachments

• schon 1.jpg
    schon 1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 845
  • schon 2.jpg
    schon 2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 828
  • schon 3.jpg
    schon 3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 862
  • schon 4.jpg
    schon 4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 828
  • schon 5.jpg
    schon 5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 862

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a few more...

Attachments

• schon 6.jpg
    schon 6.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 781
  • schon 7.jpg
    schon 7.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 873
  • schon 8.jpg
    schon 8.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a few more of my R series Schon's..

Attachments

• R series group a.jpg
    R series group a.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,131

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I got 2 R's , a one off that Ryan Theewan rebuilt perfectly, and and original R12 that I just love.
DSC00857.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine; really great cues.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
My 21 yr old Schon posted below has been confirmed by both Bob Runde while he was still there as well as Evan as indeed a so-called Runde-era cue,ordered in Dec '90 and delivered 3 days short of a full year. As far as I know,this is the ONLY 4 point R-16 in existence. I've yet to run into a cue that was so much better that I HAD to have it.

The only knock against it,as far as collector value is the points are done old-school pantograph style,much like similar period Joss.

Big J,if the cash allowed I'd want that one because it just screams BAD-ASS,even though I'd change the color of the linen,LOL.

I've also got a CNC point SLX very similar to the SP on the far left of your group pic. It's a keeper too :thumbup2: Tommy D.

Attachments

• 000_05233.jpg
    000_05233.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 770

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
stupid Question here: what makes the R-Series so good:confused:
have played with a Schon in 1989-1990 and NOT liked the Hit (okay long time ago):wink:
Ralf-have a Buddy that have 4 or 5 new Schon's in the Closet from that Ära

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stupid Question here: what makes the R-Series so good:confused:
have played with a Schon in 1989-1990 and NOT liked the Hit (okay long time ago):wink:
Ralf-have a Buddy that have 4 or 5 new Schon's in the Closet from that Ära

They do play different just due to construction. The post Runde cues do play good but the older ones have a feel that is more solid. I can tell the difference in the 2 cues. Like I have said before, you cannot fault newer Schon cues because they are doing something right. If you do not believe me look at their sales. I just prefer the feel of the old ones.

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of the R-6 Schon cues.. Heres a few pix of them..

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 746
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 731
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 675
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 644
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 660

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And this one.....

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 590
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 593
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 673
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 659

Derrick Steel

.....Viper Killer.....
Silver Member
R12

Here are a few pics of my R12.

Attachments

• Schon1 009.jpg
    Schon1 009.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 548
  • Schon1 008.jpg
    Schon1 008.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 561

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R6

Here is my R6 that is an ideal player. Both of the shafts are micart ferruled, in that 4.0 oz range, butt is 15.6 oz. Everything rolls real good with only slight taper roll in the shafts. The coolest thing about this cue is the veneer combo, black, blue, blue, red. Maybe it is just me, but, I have not seen a lot of R series with that combo. I plan to have it refinished and a new wrap installed one of these days and I am looking to add another R series to the collection.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 564
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 532

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
School me on that wrapless all the way on the left and is it for sale ?

This cue was a special order. Paul "Doc" Rutter ordered it from Bob in the early 80's. It's believed that only 3 or 4 where ever made. And sorry its not for sale. I'm lucky to know both the original owner and Doc who ordered it.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 21 yr old Schon posted below has been confirmed by both Bob Runde while he was still there as well as Evan as indeed a so-called Runde-era cue,ordered in Dec '90 and delivered 3 days short of a full year. As far as I know,this is the ONLY 4 point R-16 in existence. I've yet to run into a cue that was so much better that I HAD to have it.

The only knock against it,as far as collector value is the points are done old-school pantograph style,much like similar period Joss.

Big J,if the cash allowed I'd want that one because it just screams BAD-ASS,even though I'd change the color of the linen,LOL.

I've also got a CNC point SLX very similar to the SP on the far left of your group pic. It's a keeper too :thumbup2: Tommy D.

Deciding on the wrap wasn't easy so we tried it. Not a 100% sold on it either but I'm thankful its a easy change. These picture's just don't do it any justice. It has been completely restored by Jerry R.

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
Wrapless

Bob told me that Terry Romine bought some ebony Dufferin blanks and Bob built 3 or 4 of those, I could be wrong on the amount but there were very few built. Shane Wade (here on AZ) has one, if this isn't it. I am pretty sure that those are the only cues he didn't build the forearm himself and refuses to do it again. I bet that they are nice playing cues. Thank you, Greg
School me on that wrapless all the way on the left and is it for sale ?

Last edited:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R6 Black, Blue, Oarnge, Natural

While I love all the R series cues I really like the ones WITHOUT RED VENEERS. This is one I picked up a few months ago and is a regular player!

Attachments

• DSCN7476 (2).jpg
    DSCN7476 (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN7494 (2).jpg
    DSCN7494 (2).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN7491 (2).jpg
    DSCN7491 (2).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN7490 (2).jpg
    DSCN7490 (2).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 284

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob told me that Terry Romine bought some ebony Dufferin blanks and Bob built 3 or 4 of those, I could be wrong on the amount but there were very few built. Shane Wade (here on AZ) has one, if this isn't it. I am pretty sure that those are the only cues he didn't build the forearm himself and refuses to do it again. I bet that they are nice playing cues. Thank you, Greg

This ones not Shane's. I'm the second owner. That sounds very close to the story I was told by Doc. It plays great and am lucky to have been able to add it to my collection. I even have 2 original shafts for it as well . Id say you dead on Greg.

Thanks,Jonas