Fargo Rating - League Player

BarTableMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a way to calculate a Fargo rating with league stats? I'm an APA 7 with a 79% lifetime win percentage over 30 years.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a way to calculate a Fargo rating with league stats? I'm an APA 7 with a 79% lifetime win percentage over 30 years.

There really is not--not with the league stats you likely have. We actually need your individual game results against each specific opponent.

The only league results that are going in in real-time right now are those for USAPL, which is match-style league play not unlike APA.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member

You play well I'll take the 8-ball and play cheap sets, taking into account just the league matches your Fargo rating should be 579 sorry they can't include your gambling matches but those aren't recorded (for tax purposes). Sound about right?

Neil

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

APA 7 in 9 ball? Issue there is that APA 7 can range from a B+ to Pro.

B players in Fargo, going by my rating and other players I know, start in the low 500 and go to under 600. Seems like it's roughly your league rating -1 to -1.5 or so, x100 more or less for ratings that top out at 7. If APA 9 ball extended to 8, then the A and A+ players would be 8s, which wold land then in the 600-700 range. A pro would be a 9 or even 10, in fargo they are close to 800, so -1, x100, about.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You play well I'll take the 8-ball and play cheap sets, taking into account just the league matches your Fargo rating should be 579 sorry they can't include your gambling matches but those aren't recorded (for tax purposes). Sound about right?

Neil

well that "457" in your tag line is the "whopper!" ;-)

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
There really is not--not with the league stats you likely have. We actually need your individual game results against each specific opponent.

The only league results that are going in in real-time right now are those for USAPL, which is match-style league play not unlike APA.

Mike, when do you think independent leagues will have the ability to enter game results into Fargo?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
APA 7 in 9 ball? Issue there is that APA 7 can range from a B+ to Pro.

B players in Fargo, going by my rating and other players I know, start in the low 500 and go to under 600. Seems like it's roughly your league rating -1 to -1.5 or so, x100 more or less for ratings that top out at 7. If APA 9 ball extended to 8, then the A and A+ players would be 8s, which wold land then in the 600-700 range. A pro would be a 9 or even 10, in fargo they are close to 800, so -1, x100, about.

Im an 8 in 9 ball and im only a 551 fargorate.

JC

Coos Cues

If you're winning 80% of your games over 30 years in league play you are a 585 fargo plus or minus 15 points.

JC

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I thought APA toped out at 7 in 9 ball and 9 in 8 ball? Or did I reverse those?

APA 8 ball is a 2-7 scale. I am a 7 in APA 8 ball that is as high as it goes and I have no problem playing other 7s from around the country dead even.

APA 9 ball is a 1-9 scale. I am an 8 in APA 9 ball. I am winning against all skill levels but apparently in order to move up to a 9 I will have to increase my score difference by winning by more balls than I already am winning.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA 8 ball is a 2-7 scale. I am a 7 in APA 8 ball that is as high as it goes and I have no problem playing other 7s from around the country dead even.

APA 9 ball is a 1-9 scale. I am an 8 in APA 9 ball. I am winning against all skill levels but apparently in order to move up to a 9 I will have to increase my score difference by winning by more balls than I already am winning.

If you want to become a 9, you need to average more balls per inning. Score differential has no impact whatsoever on your skill level.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums