Name the pro playes using LD shafts

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy told me today no one who likes to spin the ball uses a LD shaft and their for amateur players what pro players play with one .

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if you’re trolling, but I’d guess more pros use LD shafts than regular. There are shots that you can only do with either because of high deflection or low deflection but spin isn’t unique to one or the other

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
virtually all of them...

A guy told me today no one who likes to spin the ball uses a LD shaft and their for amateur players what pro players play with one .

Virtually ALL sponsored pros use some type of LD shaft. You can use as much spin as you want with an LD shaft. You just have to learn to adjust or know how to adjust.

Pivot point is moved farther back is the only difference on an ld shaft. Also, the margin of error on an off center shot is reduced.

Jaden

p.s. as previously stated, not sure if this is a troll post or not.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Virtually ALL sponsored pros use some type of LD shaft. You can use as much spin as you want with an LD shaft. You just have to learn to adjust or know how to adjust.

Pivot point is moved farther back is the only difference on an ld shaft. Also, the margin of error on an off center shot is reduced.

Jaden

p.s. as previously stated, not sure if this is a troll post or not.
I just want a list because I will copy and paste it and show him,, that's all I did a search but couldn't find a list ,

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but stroke error forgiveness depends on how close together your shaft’s pivot length and your bridge length are (think of how backhand English works) - and most bridge lengths are in the range of pivot lengths of non-LD shaft’s (~12” or less).

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't name me!

Please don't name me!

I want no one to know that I am a "pro player", I have been sandbagging for years with the hopes I can nail Alex or Dennis or Jayson or who ever the flavor of the day is in their unbeatable game or an ":all around".

Crap, the alarm clock just went off. A dozen or so Pinoy kids I will never meet just woke up, so glad I don't have to play them, but I would love too!

I have no problem with a future generation beating me old butt!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just to name some of better known ones, Appleton, Shaw, Dechaine, Orcullo, Pagulayan, Melling, along with anyone else you see with that black Revo, SVB uses a 360 shaft which I think is LD, I think the majority of pro players use an LD shaft. Some notable exceptions, Bustamante, Reyes, Morris.

https://www.predatorcues.com/pro-team/

I don't think this guy has been watching much pool lately.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to name some of better known ones, Appleton, Shaw, Dechaine, Orcullo, Pagulayan, Melling, along with anyone else you see with that black Revo, SVB uses a 360 shaft which I think is LD, I think the majority of pro players use an LD shaft. Some notable exceptions, Bustamante, Reyes, Morris.

Thanks for this yes as far as I know the 360 of Shane's is also ,,
I will compile a list at the end for future searches

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guesstimate 75% of pro's under 40 years old are using a low squirt mass produced shaft.

I'd guestimate its 50/50 for pros age 40-50

And its 80% conventional, 20% low squirt for pros over 50.

Predator started this trend in 1994 or 1995, and sold like hotcakes from then until now. But many pros and top local players at that time that were already 20 years old and older did not want to switch, as they were too used to their regular shafts. The kids and teens switched to the predator shafts and it spiraled from there.

IMO:)

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m not so sure about Dechaine. I saw a FB Live broadcast from him where he was responding to viewer questions. One person asked about any major regrets in pool. He said he regret jumping on the low deflection band wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

z_squares

Registered
I would actually want the opposite list. A list of the pros who use standard maple shafts. That would be an interesting list me thinks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not so sure about Dechaine. I saw a FB Live broadcast from him where he was responding to viewer questions. One person asked about any major regrets in pool. He said he regret jumping on the low deflection band wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He is using an older Predator shaft now. He may have wanted to not use LD when he started but now he is very used to is. Whenever he tried any of my shafts he tests for deflection.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would actually want the opposite list. A list of the pros who use standard maple shafts. That would be an interesting list me thinks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

As someone posted already, any of the older ones, and many Philipino players. Reyes, Bustie, Hall, Strickland (his shaft is very particular, he takes the taper down wayyyy to the back, it's like a 20" pro taper, the same diameter almost all the way to the joint).