As more bashing against deanoc continues...we now sympathize for him

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Did you not read RJ's post(that I quoted), he was saying how what Dean did was unethical and likened it to him buying silver cup relabeling it and selling it as magic chalk and how that would be bullshit.

I was simply agreeing with his analogy, not saying RJ does that type of unethical bullshit.

Jeez

That's why I led with the question of whether you were suggesting it, or making a hypothetical question.

Probably poor comprehension ability on my part, I suppose :p, still, I think I was pretty clear, too

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not too sad to see Dean go. His sales tactics were always a little hokey but didn't bother me until he tried charging extra for pictures. That kinda ticked me off and I started ignoring him more.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yeah it is but the nasty comments made it wonderful. He accused me of an
ignorant comment, he has no idea how ignorant I can be lol. I'm going to laugh like hell
when the whole thing is found out. I worked in semi law enforcement field and you do
that for 30 years and you start to see what probably wasn't said. Things come out different
during interrogation. I still think there's more to it. I'll bet there are few apologies. They'll
blame Glen for not clearing it up for them when it wasn't his responsibility to.

Oh, stop it already. You came in this thread with having no idea what happened, and started defending the accused. And now, you are actually hold yourself out as "semi law enforcement". Dude, you know folks that know you, still read stuff in the MF, right??

The only apology folks are waiting from is Dean. And he's too old and stubborn to do that. Hey, kind of sounds like you ;) lol

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I'm not too sad to see Dean go. His sales tactics were always a little hokey but didn't bother me until he tried charging extra for pictures. That kinda ticked me off and I started ignoring him more.

Did Dean go somewhere?

He really tried to charge extra for pictures? I always thought that he just did not know how to take pics and post them online.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah it is but the nasty comments made it wonderful. He accused me of an
ignorant comment, he has no idea how ignorant I can be lol. I'm going to laugh like hell
when the whole thing is found out. I worked in semi law enforcement field and you do
that for 30 years and you start to see what probably wasn't said. Things come out different
during interrogation. I still think there's more to it. I'll bet there are few apologies. They'll
blame Glen for not clearing it up for them when it wasn't his responsibility to.

What is semi law enforcement?

I only ask because I was in full time law enforcement for 32 years, 18 of which were in homicide. I've done thousands of interviews/interrogations and a telltale sign that someone may be guilty is when they are presented with with an allegation and they refuse to attempt to clear their name.

You may be correct in the sense that there is more to this story however, there is also enough probably cause to have a felony warrant issued for his arrest at which point he could choose to remain silent or clear his name.

As far as Deano goes.....if he knowingly sent just one Schmelke through the mail and represented as a JP, then that is a Federal crime under mail fraud.

The crazy thing is In a mail fraud prosecution, the government need not prove that the scheme actually injured victims, or was even carried out completely. It’s not even necessary that the victim of the scheme had knowledge of its existence.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, stop it already. You came in this thread with having no idea what happened, and started defending the accused. And now, you are actually hold yourself out as "semi law enforcement". Dude, you know folks that know you, still read stuff in the MF, right??

The only apology folks are waiting from is Dean. And it's too old and stubborn to do that. Hey, kind of sounds like you ;) lol

Weed and dandelion enforcement division....

Jokes aside, guess we learn something new about each other every day.

So Robin, what is semi-law enforcement exactly if you don't mind me asking?

Did Dean go somewhere?

You can defend Dean all you want, but be honest, if I were to sell you a custom Schmelke, and say that it is basically a Libra or some other well known reputable custom , and you paid $500 to $600 for it, I imagine you would be really upset.

It really should not matter who Dean is in the pool world , what he did was wrong.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I only ask because I was in full time law enforcement for 32 years, 18 of which were in homicide. I've done thousands of interviews/interrogations and a telltale sign that someone may be guilty is when they are presented with with an allegation and they refuse to attempt to clear their name.

You may be correct in the sense that there is more to this story however, there is also enough probably cause to have a felony warrant issued for his arrest at which point he could choose to remain silent or clear his name.

As far as Deano goes.....if he knowingly sent just one Schmelke through the mail and represented as a JP, then that is a Federal crime under mail fraud.

The crazy thing is In a mail fraud prosecution, the government need not prove that the scheme actually injured victims, or was even carried out completely. It’s not even necessary that the victim of the scheme had knowledge of its existence.

It's interesting, both you are cornerman seem to have a vastly different opinion on the issue, I have no idea who is right, just that for this industry it seems like a scummy thing to do.

Interesting hearing your perspective, thanks for sharing and your service on the force.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If he thought for a second he could get $5-600 for a cue made by Schmelke he would have advertised them as such. He knew they needed a story like all his other sales so he made up one. I don't care if none of the buyers will admit they got screwed, it was fraud and shouldn't be ignored.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I worked in the prison system for 30yrs. So I guess you could say I'm glad I'm outta prison!. Last half of it in management, specifically food
service management. There was inmate investigations and tons of staff investigations. Last 4 and half years I think I was in the hot seat the whole time.
Never guilty but thoroughly investigated. They wanted my job for someones buddy then after I finally retired they wished they had me back. So go figure that one.

Weed and dandelion enforcement division....

Jokes aside, guess we learn something new about each other every day.

So Robin, what is semi-law enforcement exactly if you don't mind me asking?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he thought for a second he could get $5-600 for a cue made by Schmelke he would have advertised them as such. He knew they needed a story like all his other sales so he made up one. I don't care if none of the buyers will admit they got screwed, it was fraud and shouldn't be ignored.

Let's say he commissioned JP to make these cues and JP turns around and outsource them without him knowing. That could be a possibility.

Also, he commissions JP to make the cue but JP has employees to make it for him or had another company make it for him.

When I order a Jacoby cue....I don't expect it to be made from Dave since he has employees.

A lot of people think the guy actually makes it but the guy is the brand. With any brand there are employees and outsourcing.

The cues Dean sold never had the Schmelke branding.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Let's say he commissioned JP to make these cues and JP turns around and outsource them without him knowing. That could be a possibility.

Also, he commissions JP to make the cue but JP has employees to make it for him or had another company make it for him.

When I order a Jacoby cue....I don't expect it to be made from Dave since he has employees.

A lot of people think the guy actually makes it but the guy is the brand. With any brand there are employees and outsourcing.

One question I’d love to have answered. Where did the cues ship from? Drop ship from Schmelke? Jack shipped to customers? Dean?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One question I’d love to have answered. Where did the cues ship from? Drop ship from Schmelke? Jack shipped to customers? Dean?

Dean shipped them out I believe, as he sent someone a Tasc in place of a Jackpot, don't think he ever got it back, maybe a little cosmic karma at play.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Dean shipped them out I believe, as he sent someone a Tasc in place of a Jackpot, don't think he ever got it back, maybe a little cosmic karma at play.

Then Dean checked the cues, I assume. I handle cues from another manufacturer. You can bet that I look cues over before shipping. When I receive, I check for flaws and defects, and if any, report and/or fix. I can tell you that I would have zero issue spotting a Schmelke vs another maker.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
There are a lot of scenarios I can envision. Maybe when he started advertising for them and assessing interest Jack was planning to be more involved. Jack did have major health issues along about then. I really don't know but as you can see the folks who bought them aren't complaining much. For Dean to bring it back to life was not wise, I will say that.

C'mon JC. Not only did he flat oout insinuate that Jack was making the cues, and that others would be letting him use equipment and even some other of Jacks folks might be involved in the cues, he actually called them Jack Pot cues. I mean, even the name is a fraud.

Dude, nobody likes to be taken advantage of. I know, if someone pulled this move on your, you would NOT be too pleased. Tell me I'm wrong ;) From one Boomer to another, lol

Hey, I got some grade A, mint condition, Balabushka's for sale. Send me $1000 and I'll send you a great cue. you in ;)

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I worked in the prison system for 30yrs. So I guess you could say I'm glad I'm outta prison!. Last half of it in management, specifically food
service management. There was inmate investigations and tons of staff investigations. Last 4 and half years I think I was in the hot seat the whole time.
Never guilty but thoroughly investigated. They wanted my job for someones buddy then after I finally retired they wished they had me back. So go figure that one.

More drivel. How in the actual hell does food service constitute "semi law enforcement".
Oh wait, the same way Dean represents Libra cues. Got it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Dude, just stop already. He basically advertised folks would be getting a custom cue from a retired and well liked cue maker with a name brand, and then do the "bait and switch" and sent them a production cue that anyone and his brother could order right now for half the price. That's garbage, plain and simple.

I have to be honest, I inquired about one of the cues and thought, if I don't like it I could just sell it. I would have been pissed and he would have been returning every last dollar of my $600.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, just stop already. He basically advertised folks would be getting a custom cue from a retired and well liked cue maker with a name brand, and then do the "bait and switch" and sent them a production cue that anyone and his brother could order right now for half the price. That's garbage, plain and simple.

I have to be honest, I inquired about one of the cues and thought, if I don't like it I could just sell it. I would have been pissed and he would have been returning every last dollar of my $600.

You're speculating and what you are speculating can happen from JP got a bunch of unbranded cues and shipped it to Dean and Dean proceeds to send them out unknowingly.