This Just In: Porsche Design Pool Table

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In contrast to the sluggish structure of common billiard tables, the Porsch Design has created the 24/7 pool table. Made out of aluminum and finest tulipwood, the table is crafted for discerning individuals with highest demands in terms of performance.

It pulls off sleek-chic with its simplistic nature. Its clean lines defy overwhelming design principles and define a new standard for shape and function.

The Porsche philosophy of "no need for decoration for formal consistent products" is reiterated in all its elements.

Every lacquered table includes leather pockets, a professional three-part slate, Simonis cloth, and rubber cushions. Its purchase promises a chance at customization and a within-8 week delivery along with a ball set (ARAMITH), triangle, bridge stick, two premium cues, and a cue rack designed as per the table.

Created by brand-founder F.A. Porsche (Porsche Design Studio Zell am See, Salzburg) , the 24/7 pool table has a price tag of around $50,000. :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Attachments

• billiards-table-7.jpeg
    billiards-table-7.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,237

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead spend just a few thousand on a Diamond or Gold Crown and have it tuned correctly.

This is a table for people that have more money than brains.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice but those legs would get in the way. Not sure how solid it would play. Give me a GC, Diamond or Gabriel table any day.

Maybe if they care about pool Porsche will put some money into the sport but that is a different subject.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice but those legs would get in the way. Not sure how solid it would play. Give me a GC, Diamond or Gabriel table any day.

Maybe if they care about pool Porsche will put some money into the sport but that is a different subject.

I was actually thinking the same thing: Prospective Pool Sponsor? ;)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Porsche, smorche. Check out this Mustang GT. :smile:

Attachments

• 68202_alt1.jpg
    68202_alt1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,464

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem is the market for a $50,000 pool table is probably very small to non-existent. The only people that would actually buy this table are people that don't play pool. People that just want an expensive piece of furniture. One has to believe the profit margin on this table is very high, otherwise it's a losing move on Porsche's behalf.

I agree the sport could use a big time non-billiard sponsor, but it needs to be something that appeals to a wide group of people, and not just the extremely wealthy. No real pool player is going to shell out $50,000 for a table. Not to mention, neither would any major tournament or pool hall.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice but those legs would get in the way.

Of course they would . How would you break, stand one foot on the leg? The table appears to have no rail markers and the top rail does not offer consistent play. It appeared to be squared off and more narrow on the sides then the rounded end rails. I would not take the table as a gift.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course they would . How would you break, stand one foot on the leg? The table appears to have no rail markers and the top rail does not offer consistent play. It appeared to be squared off and more narrow on the sides then the rounded end rails. I would not take the table as a gift.

You know, I didn't even notice that there are no diamonds in the rails. :eek:

Not sure that would affect my game, though. :eek:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
WHERE, did you find that table? omg. it's gorgeous! a friend @ CA owns 3 Porsches; his ex-wife works for Porche Corporate @ Atlanta; and even he didn't know about it! it's on his list to buy - to match his Porsche appliances....

that's the 2nd best contemporary pool table i've ever seen.

the tulip wood, is Tulipier, from Europe. it's a special tree that has almost NO grain; smooth; soft. and a design flaw - cause i can run my nail across the topside & write my name in it. it doesn't appear to be lacquered; it's a satin finish; black.

cost would be $10-$15K. plus $10K for the name.

nonetheless, gorgeous.

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem is the market for a $50,000 pool table is probably very small to non-existent. The only people that would actually buy this table are people that don't play pool. People that just want an expensive piece of furniture. One has to believe the profit margin on this table is very high, otherwise it's a losing move on Porsche's behalf.

I agree the sport could use a big time non-billiard sponsor, but it needs to be something that appeals to a wide group of people, and not just the extremely wealthy. No real pool player is going to shell out $50,000 for a table. Not to mention, neither would any major tournament or pool hall.

I don't think they are targeting the poolplayer market, I believe they will sell a lot of these tables. There are a lot of people that can afford these. Their name alone will sell.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHERE, did you find that table? omg. it's gorgeous! a friend @ CA owns 3 Porsches; his ex-wife works for Porche Corporate @ Atlanta; and even he didn't know about it! it's on his list to buy - to match his Porsche appliances....

that's the 2nd best contemporary pool table i've ever seen.

the tulip wood, is Tulipier, from Europe. it's a special tree that has almost NO grain; smooth; soft. and a design flaw - cause i can run my nail across the topside & write my name in it. it doesn't appear to be lacquered; it's a satin finish; black.

cost would be $10-$15K. plus $10K for the name.

nonetheless, gorgeous.

It's a table for social shooters -- rich social shooters, I think. ;)

The rest of us schmucks would feel quite fortunate to own a Diamond or a GC. :cool:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Porsche Design was founded by the man who designed the 911 Porsche...it designs a wide variety of upscale products. It is NOT part of the Porsche car company.

The founder of Porsche design died recently...:(