Kamui Gator Grip?

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
A-muse-ing !

KrisBanks -------------------------- GOT FOUND !!!
:D:rotflmao::rotflmao1::killingme:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Kamui Gator Grip come in a nice wooden box. Does it do more than several Grits of sand paper carried in your case, pocket or coin case? I don't know.?

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dirty gator grip

If you hit the rough surface with air or take a needle and pick out the stuff that builds up, are what I do to clean it.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
CoCo people don't like simple and practical any more. Sandpaper works just as we'll now as it did 50 years ago, maybe better.

CoCo people don't like simple and practical any more. Sandpaper works just as we'll now as it did 50 years ago, maybe better.

these are fantastic

Attachments

• JPG.jpg
    JPG.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 433
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

IPH

Registered
If you hit the rough surface with air or take a needle and pick out the stuff that builds up, are what I do to clean it.

I love my a Gator Grip, best scuffer I've ever used, but Im not picking microscopic metal blades with a needle - way too lazy for that. The air sounds promising, does it work well? My Kamui GG doesn't apply the texture to a tip as quickly as it did once upon a time.

What is the best way to clean this tool? (No suggesting another tool or sandpaper or emory boards are not an answer)
Thanks!

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Gator Grip

I love my a Gator Grip, best scuffer I've ever used, but Im not picking microscopic metal blades with a needle - way too lazy for that. The air sounds promising, does it work well? My Kamui GG doesn't apply the texture to a tip as quickly as it did once upon a time.

What is the best way to clean this tool? (No suggesting another tool or sandpaper or emory boards are not an answer)
Thanks!

I have had one for over a year now. Every time I use it I simply wipe it off (back and forth) on my blue jeans. Still looks brand new and works great. If its clogged up a little I would try an old toothbrush with a little water and dry it immediately.

IPH

Registered
I have had one for over a year now. Every time I use it I simply wipe it off (back and forth) on my blue jeans. Still looks brand new and works great. If its clogged up a little I would try an old toothbrush with a little water and dry it immediately.

Both great ideasgt cc! Probaly will need the toothbrush first and blue jeans in the future

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Ditto on the Willards tool...awesome, simple and works just fine. Additionally, with Kamui tips, I never shaped them once they settled in. If you're chalking correctly, that and your playing style will keep the tip just perfect. I would lightly jap a tip pick straight down into the tip just to rough up the surface if I felt it was glazed too much (which was frankly very rarely). Never tried a Gator Grip tool, sure it's a fine product...but I'm happy with a simple Willards and chalk.

I've long since abandoned layered tips in favor of Milk Duds and have never had better success.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
gator gip vs other shaper's

Personally I think there are many shapers that work great, I bought a few gator Grips to flip.
They all sold quickly but i did get some feed back that they gum up, my self personally i haven't tried one.

The main reason is most of the equipment I use i am happy with.
The shaper I use I like very much and consider them one of the best shapers made.

I also use kamui tips on some of the shafts i use on my main player and my shaper works perfect for scuffing the tip.

I am the local cue repair guy and I sale billiard products
This is the shaper i use and carry in stock for the past 8 years.
Never had to replace the sand paper even though it is replaceable.

Chops02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i love mine. i keep it inside my case unless i'm using it, though. that seems to cut down on the theft issue. haha. unless of course you catch that one idiot that's gonna steal your whole case...in which case the gator grip being gone is the least of my worries. hah.
that said...i do like that it does so little damage to the tip when scuffing it. definitely a nice feature when you're paying for kamui (or almost any layered tip these days) tips.