Reload this Page US International 9-Ball Open Details Released
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
US International 9-Ball Open Details Released
Old
  (#1)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger
oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

Cool US International 9-Ball Open Details Released - 04-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Name:  USIO 2018.PNG
Views: 1456
Size:  97.9 KB

The U.S. International 9-Ball Open
Norfolk, Virginia
October 21-27, 2018

Pat Fleming takes immense pride in officially announcing the U.S. International 9-Ball Open!
It will be staged at the Sheraton Waterside Hotel in Norfolk, Virginia.

This will be the fourth straight year that the Sheraton will be hosting a major global 9-Ball event.
As in the past, the Sheraton will provide all of the creature comforts that you would expect from a world class hotel. Discounted rates on hotel rooms are offered for spectators as well as for contestants. An assortment of meal options will be available including food stations in the ballroom and full course menus in their City Dock Norfolk restaurant.

The U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships was an annual event that will skip 2018 and continue in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2019 under the auspices of Matchroom Sports.

Quick U.S. International 9-Ball Open Details

Play Dates: October 21-27, 2018 (Sunday thru Saturday)
Size of Field: 128 players
Entry Fee: $1,000
Added Money: $50,000
First Prize: $40,000. Pays 32 places.
Format: Double Elimination, Race to 11. Finals to 13.
Site: Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Discounted Hotel Room Rate: $105.00 plus tax for a single or double
Where: Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Vendor Booths on site for your billiard supply needs
Sanctioned by: World Pool Association (WPA)
Pay-Per-View by Accu-Stats Video Productions
Fox Sports International for TV exposure
Live Scoring by AZ Billiards
Major Sponsors: Diamond Billiard Products, Simonis Cloth, and Aramith Balls
Tournament Websites: www.USIO9.com and www.accu-stats.com

As the tournament producer, Fleming will be responsible for every aspect of the event, including entry fees, added money, and prize money.

The Behrman’s Q-Master Billiards is a short distance away and will accommodate attendees with yet another option for pool tables and restaurants.

The $50,000 in added money insures that the event will be sanctioned by the WPA as a Tier 3 event awarding WPA points to the high finishers. The projected $162,000 in prize money will be deposited into a Bank of America account in Norfolk, VA. This Bank of America (walking distance) will gladly cash prize money checks provided proper identification is presented.

ENTER AS A CONTESTANT NOW:
http://bit.ly/USIOEntryfees

There are several ways to pay your $1,000 entry fee. They are:
Mail check or money order payable to U.S. International Open, LLC and mail to:
U.S. International Open, PO Box 299, Bloomingdale, New Jersey 07403
Pay online with a debit/credit card or PayPal.
Pay on site with money order or cash (only if the field is not full).

RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW ($105 Discount Rate, single/double):
http://bit.ly/Sheratonrooms2018

RESERVE TV ARENA SEATS (Starting April 16):
http://bit.ly/dailyseats

Any Questions? Contact:
Pat Fleming
U.S. International 9-Ball Open
PO Box 299
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403
973-838-7089
pat.fleming@usio9.com

The International 9-Ball Open
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Accu-Stats produced DVD's are now $9.95
VOD https://vimeo.com/accustats/albums

-----------------
http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Old
  (#2)
Bic D
AzB Silver Member
Bic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-09-2018, 05:56 PM

I don't want to open a can of worms but reading the the post relating to the events and more specifically the prize money awarded for this event...

"The projected $162,000 in prize money will be deposited into a Bank of America account in Norfolk, VA. This Bank of America (walking distance) will gladly cash prize money checks provided proper identification is presented."

I have been out of the game for a good amount of years but has there been a problem with paying players at this event?

Old
  (#3)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldzilla View Post
Attachment 489551

The U.S. International 9-Ball Open
Norfolk, Virginia
October 21-27, 2018

Pat Fleming takes immense pride in officially announcing the U.S. International 9-Ball Open!
It will be staged at the Sheraton Waterside Hotel in Norfolk, Virginia.

This will be the fourth straight year that the Sheraton will be hosting a major global 9-Ball event.
As in the past, the Sheraton will provide all of the creature comforts that you would expect from a world class hotel. Discounted rates on hotel rooms are offered for spectators as well as for contestants. An assortment of meal options will be available including food stations in the ballroom and full course menus in their City Dock Norfolk restaurant.

The U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships was an annual event that will skip 2018 and continue in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2019 under the auspices of Matchroom Sports.

Quick U.S. International 9-Ball Open Details

Play Dates: October 21-27, 2018 (Sunday thru Saturday)
Size of Field: 128 players
Entry Fee: $1,000
Added Money: $50,000
First Prize: $40,000. Pays 32 places.
Format: Double Elimination, Race to 11. Finals to 13.
Site: Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Discounted Hotel Room Rate: $105.00 plus tax for a single or double
Where: Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Vendor Booths on site for your billiard supply needs
Sanctioned by: World Pool Association (WPA)
Pay-Per-View by Accu-Stats Video Productions
Fox Sports International for TV exposure
Live Scoring by AZ Billiards
Major Sponsors: Diamond Billiard Products, Simonis Cloth, and Aramith Balls
Tournament Websites: www.USIO9.com and www.accu-stats.com

As the tournament producer, Fleming will be responsible for every aspect of the event, including entry fees, added money, and prize money.

The Behrman’s Q-Master Billiards is a short distance away and will accommodate attendees with yet another option for pool tables and restaurants.

The $50,000 in added money insures that the event will be sanctioned by the WPA as a Tier 3 event awarding WPA points to the high finishers. The projected $162,000 in prize money will be deposited into a Bank of America account in Norfolk, VA. This Bank of America (walking distance) will gladly cash prize money checks provided proper identification is presented.

ENTER AS A CONTESTANT NOW:
http://bit.ly/USIOEntryfees

There are several ways to pay your $1,000 entry fee. They are:
Mail check or money order payable to U.S. International Open, LLC and mail to:
U.S. International Open, PO Box 299, Bloomingdale, New Jersey 07403
Pay online with a debit/credit card or PayPal.
Pay on site with money order or cash (only if the field is not full).

RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW ($105 Discount Rate, single/double):
http://bit.ly/Sheratonrooms2018

RESERVE TV ARENA SEATS (Starting April 16):
http://bit.ly/dailyseats

Any Questions? Contact:
Pat Fleming
U.S. International 9-Ball Open
PO Box 299
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403
973-838-7089
pat.fleming@usio9.com
I'm glad to see that Pat is following through with this event. It should be a good one. I do have one question though. 128 players times $1,000 equals $128,000. Add $50,00 and the total comes to $178,000 and not $162,000 as listed above. I think that discrepancy should be explained.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#4)
stevelomako
We bust hustlers
stevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

04-09-2018, 06:11 PM

My question is:

$1000 entry fee x 128 players = $128,000
$50,000 added money

Adds up to $178,000

Why is the "projected prize money" $162,000???

Old
  (#5)
stevelomako
We bust hustlers
stevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond reputestevelomako has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

04-09-2018, 06:12 PM

I was typing Jay.

I know we're not the only ones curious.

Old
  (#6)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2018, 06:49 PM

I'm assuming this is the tournament "debut" ( 1st annual ) and all stats / former winners, etc, for the U.S. Open will revert to the 2019 "Vegas" tournament, correct? Or am I missing something...

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#7)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
04-09-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelomako View Post
My question is:

$50,000 added money

Adds up to $178,000

Steve,

My guess is the "missing" money will pay for Diamond to deliver and set up the 16 or so nine foot tables and the associated lighting along with the table rental fees.

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

where does the extra $15k go?
Old
  (#8)
ImaPoolnut
I'm just a PoolNut
ImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond repute

where does the extra $15k go? - 04-09-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
My question is:

$50,000 added money

Adds up to $178,000

I'm not playing, but I can only assume Pat and his crew don't do all this for free. $15k for his efforts to keep the best tournament in US history running with integrity and everyone gets paid doesn't seem too tough a pill to swallow.

..ImaPoolNut, that's how I roll!

"Shoot pool Fast Eddie! I'm shootin Fats, when I miss you can shoot!”

Playing: 35yrs
Gear:
Too much to list...Primary weapons by Tony Guerra
Games: 1Pocket, 14.1, Rotation, 8-Ball
Favorite Players: Worst, DiLiberto, Sigel, Strickland, Reyes, Pagulayan, Van Boening, Orcollo

Old
  (#9)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

04-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Its probably the entry fees for the prior champions of the "US Open 9 Ball".

Pat first announced this event before Matchroom did the "new US Open 9 ball". And he said something to the affect that he would honor past champions wiht free entry. Then then Mathrcoom made their announcement, and Pat is kind of stuck with what he said.

Anyway, that is my 2 cent guess

*Edit:

-The money is off 16k and there are exactly 16 players that are past champions of the US Open on the confirmed list.
-This same accounting was used before and discussed on here before. I know you boys all remember that... I know I do

Last edited by iusedtoberich; 04-09-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Old
  (#10)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I'm glad to see that Pat is following through with this event. It should be a good one. I do have one question though. 128 players times $1,000 equals $128,000. Add $50,00 and the total comes to $178,000 and not $162,000 as listed above. I think that discrepancy should be explained.
Quote:
My question is:

$50,000 added money

Adds up to $178,000

$125 green fee...not unreasonable...but should be mentioned.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#11)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Its probably the entry fees for the prior champions of the "US Open 9 Ball".

Pat first announced this event before Matchroom did the "new US Open 9 ball". And he said something to the affect that he would honor past champions wiht free entry. Then then Mathrcoom made their announcement, and Pat is kind of stuck with what he said.

Anyway, that is my 2 cent guess

*Edit:

-The money is off 16k and there are exactly 16 players that are past champions of the US Open on the confirmed list.
-This same accounting was used before and discussed on here before. I know you boys all remember that... I know I do

Player: Joss w/314-3
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases

Old
  (#12)
kkdanamatt
AzB Gold Member
kkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond reputekkdanamatt has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
The previous16 US Open Champions are receiving free entry.
That's what was promised and Pat is a man of his word.
There are no green fees.
There is no money taken out for table set up.
There is no money taken out for expenses.
100% of the money collected and added will be paid back to the players.

Old
  (#13)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 01:15 AM

There is something called Full Disclosure and it wasn't applied here. In actuality there aren't 128 entries at $1,000 each. There are only 112 paid entries. So the total purse is somewhat misleading. I do know that in past U.S. Open's where Barry gave free entries to past champions, he paid the entry fees himself so all the money was in the purse as promised. Things like this should be disclosed and not hidden.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#14)
patscue
AzB Bronze Member
patscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond reputepatscue has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 05:06 AM

For the last three years, previous U.S. Open champions were given free entry. Neither Barry, nor anyone else, paid those fees.
The same will apply this year. Matchroom for the U.S. Open in 2019 is doing the same thing.
But thanks for calling me and inquiring.

Pat Fleming

Last edited by patscue; 04-10-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Old
  (#15)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Agreed - for full disclosure, seems like they should be stipulating that the 16 past champions will have their entry fees waved, which explains the discrepancy you've discovered.

Last edited by ChrisinNC; 04-10-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: