Jason Hunt- lol

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't personally know Jason but have been around him some at different poolhall and events. Have seen him on multiple occasions run down to the McDonalds or Taco Bell and bring back a few bags of food to spread around for the guy's who are busted and down on their luck, always thought that was a nice gesture and showed he has some humanity, but then again, it takes a special kind to be barred from Buffalos. Like a really special kind. I'd be willing to bet you could count the number of players on one hand who have been barred by James in 30 or 40 years of running poolhalls.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't personally know Jason but have been around him some at different poolhall and events. Have seen him on multiple occasions run down to the McDonalds or Taco Bell and bring back a few bags of food to spread around for the guy's who are busted and down on their luck, always thought that was a nice gesture and showed he has some humanity, but then again, it takes a special kind to be barred from Buffalos. Like a really special kind. I'd be willing to bet you could count the number of players on one hand who have been barred by James in 30 or 40 years of running poolhalls.

James' FB post had me totally confused. Jason had a pool room in Reno - Buffalo or Buffalo's- I thought James was the new owner. Now i got it.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James' FB post had me totally confused. Jason had a pool room in Reno - Buffalo or Buffalo's- I thought James was the new owner. Now i got it.

James Leone used to run the Sports Palace in Louisiana
and now is the owner of the action spot called Buffalos in Metarie. He is from Buffalo New York, hence the nickname. Down in Louisiana there is only one Buffalo, and Jason isn't it. He's just Jason around those parts.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James Leone used to run the Sports Palace in Louisiana
and now is the owner of the action spot called Buffalos in Metarie. He is from Buffalo New York, hence the nickname. Down in Louisiana there is only one Buffalo, and Jason isn't it. He's just Jason around those parts.

Jason’s room in Reno was called something like “Buffalo’s billiards and ultra lounge”.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason’s room in Reno was called something like “Buffalo’s billiards and ultra lounge”.

That's the problem with young business owners. They don't know how to market themselves, and how important name is.

He needed to have "super" in the name, somewhere... Anywhere, actually. Try it in all the places... It's great.

Super, I'd say.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the problem with young business owners. They don't know how to market themselves, and how important name is.

He needed to have "super" in the name, somewhere... Anywhere, actually. Try it in all the places... It's great.

Super, I'd say.

Now that was funny and you know it:
“Super Buffalo’s billiards and ultra lounge
“Buffalo’s Super billiards and ultra lounge
“Buffalo’s billiards Super and ultra lounge
“Buffalo’s billiards and Super ultra lounge
“Buffalo’s billiards and ultra Super lounge
“Buffalo’s billiards and ultra lounge Super

renojonnyrox

Registered
Haven't been around in a while, so I picked the right day to come back...

Yeah, Jason was a real piece of work. For one, his pool room didn't last. There was one point where they had a jar out on the bar labeled "Donations For The Business".

Then there was the night they had chicks crawling all over the front tables for a photo shoot, and proceeded to screw the high hell out of everyone playing in the tournament that happened that same night by ignoring us at the bar while he flirted with the models.

There's also the time he got a good local player absolutely smashed on his "Buffalo Blitz" drink (a Long Island, but with Red Bull instead of Coke) and practically stole the money that he just paid the player for recovering the Diamonds and Gold Crowns.

Someone had shared a James Leone post about a player throwing Jason's cue at him during a match. I wish there was video of that.

I thought the dude was a good person, and then I got suckered into believing the lies. Now there's one place to play in Reno, and no tournaments outside BCA and APA.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Haven't been around in a while, so I picked the right day to come back...

Yeah, Jason was a real piece of work. For one, his pool room didn't last. There was one point where they had a jar out on the bar labeled "Donations For The Business".

Then there was the night they had chicks crawling all over the front tables for a photo shoot, and proceeded to screw the high hell out of everyone playing in the tournament that happened that same night by ignoring us at the bar while he flirted with the models.

There's also the time he got a good local player absolutely smashed on his "Buffalo Blitz" drink (a Long Island, but with Red Bull instead of Coke) and practically stole the money that he just paid the player for recovering the Diamonds and Gold Crowns.

Someone had shared a James Leone post about a player throwing Jason's cue at him during a match. I wish there was video of that.

I thought the dude was a good person, and then I got suckered into believing the lies. Now there's one place to play in Reno, and no tournaments outside BCA and APA.

What happened to Tony Martino from Reno? A pretty good player and a good guy as far as I'm concerned. On another note I only remember being in one poolroom with the name Super attached to it. It was called the Super Cue in Bakersfield. I played there several time before opening my own poolroom there.

renojonnyrox

Registered
What happened to Tony Martino from Reno? A pretty good player and a good guy as far as I'm concerned. On another note I only remember being in one poolroom with the name Super attached to it. It was called the Super Cue in Bakersfield. I played there several time before opening my own poolroom there.

You might want to ask someone like Billy Silveira or Sheri Dadian about that, I didn't hang around the scene long enough to know a whole lot of people.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I'm not positive, but there is a guy named A.J. Martino out of MT or used to be, a few years ago. If I were to guess, I would say he's in his 60's, maybe even 70's now. Around 2008-2012 there was a big tourney in Williston, ND in a small sports bar called "Bills back 40" with about 5 shitty valley bar boxes called "the Cockwell". This tourney lasted for a few years and was named after a guy that I had never met, but the tourney was backed by 3 guys with big time oil money who were buddies with the guy. I'm not exaggerating when I say they added around 15-20K to it and cut it off at 64 players. One of the guys was a friend of mine's dad and a multimillionaire who just happened to love pool, so the money added was no big deal. I caught the last 2 years and then apparently it died off. The first year of the 2 years I played, Stan the man, Brady Gollan, and another Canadian player (can't think of his name) all placed in the top 5 and took the bulk of the cash. The next year, the backers weren't too fond of that, so they limited it to only ND residents and then it was Rory Hendrickson and Dean Flanders in the finals and Dean won, I believe winning around 6-7K for first. Not bad for a little tourney in the middle of nowhere in ND...

Anyways, apparently the year prior to me playing, A.J. came down and absolutely terrorized the field, going undefeated, and woofing at everyone along the way. Granted, I'm not exactly sure of the strength of field that year, but I believe there were at least a few bar box champs from neighboring states. I heard stories from several people about how amazing this Martino guy played that came down from Billings, MT and was living out of a van...I saw him play in a few tourneys in MT around 2011 and he played pretty good still, probably Fargo 650-700 level speed. People said he used to play on the pro tour or at least in some of the pro tourneys back in the day. So not sure if it's the same guy, but I think it's very possible, if not likely.

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard Jason has been hanging around my area, supposedly got a tooth knocked out last night at a local pool hall.

Sent from my mobular device!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Jason was in Rochester a month or so ago. He played a local at the other pool room in town as he is barred from ours. If there is anything Jason is really "super" at is being barred from pool rooms. Nationwide!

Lyn

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen the guy once, and it wasn't as terrible as some of the stories I've read here. He was loud, and I could see where some folks would say obnoxious..............But evidently its dependent upon how much of his favorite beverages he has consumed. And ones level of tolerance!

Sent from my mobular device!