Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for anyone that has done a table in the garage.

What did you do to climate control and keep the humidity in check to help the table play well?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for anyone that has done a table in the garage.

What did you do to climate control and keep the humidity in check to help the table play well?

A mini-split heat pump system is your friend.

Keith

P.S. As Pocket stated below, definitely install insulation if none is present. Add insulation to existing insulation if possible. Draftstop to the extent possible for your situation as there's loss of efficiency when you're losing the conditioned air that your system provides or introducing unconditioned air into the space.

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A mini-split heat pump system is your friend.

Keith

Keith is correct. I went the cheaper route and put a window AC in. Then did some insulation in the walls and ceiling and on the garage door.

It's not perfect but it works.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my new table yesterday. Dealer showed up about an hour before the shutdown, and was that a relief, as it could have been sitting at his shop for who knows how long, had he not been able to get here. Had a 8' Brunswick before this, and it was nice, especially after I refelted it last year with a worsted ultra cloth, but this new Diamond is really sweet. My wife insisted on more of a furniture look, so this is what I ended up with. I also decided to upgrade my lighting, and built a light box with 3 2'x2' LED flat panel lights in it, and added a grate in front of the flat panels to eliminate any glare. The light is also color selectable. Just need to get some pool art for the room now.

Attachments

• 131329r.jpg
    131329r.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 912
  • 131738r.jpg
    131738r.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 911

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.....

Got my new table yesterday. Dealer showed up about an hour before the shutdown, and was that a relief, as it could have been sitting at his shop for who knows how long, had he not been able to get here. Had a 8' Brunswick before this, and it was nice, especially after I refelted it last year with a worsted ultra cloth, but this new Diamond is really sweet. My wife insisted on more of a furniture look, so this is what I ended up with. I also decided to upgrade my lighting, and built a light box with 3 2'x2' LED flat panel lights in it, and added a grate in front of the flat panels to eliminate any glare. The light is also color selectable. Just need to get some pool art for the room now.

Really nice! I love your tasteful decisions all around that room. Only thing I would add,
is arms on those chairs for when someone gets on a run! :wink:

td

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your comments, we really like being down there. It's really comfortable in the winter with the in floor heat we have. Arms on the chairs, nice idea to think about, but with us, we get enough turns at shooting.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s a beautiful room and table sir! I have a Diamond coming myself. It was supposed to be out of the Diamond factory tomorrow and installed on Tuesday but the shutdown in Indiana has pushed those dates back until after the shutdown is lifted. I thought I would be disappointed with it being so close but I’m not. I’m uncharacteristically patient. I just want all the people associated with the table to be safe.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice!

You have some great pool art now. AZB great SmorgassBored always used the tagline, "big fish eat little fish." Just noticed it portrayed on your wall! Fantastic room and great looking table.

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume that's a musky on the wall? I've only fished for them once up in Canada but I hear they are beasts. I had a huge one follow my lure five or six straight casts while fishing for those pansy ass pike but I just couldn't get him to eat it.

Fantastic looking room!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What an amazing setup!!:)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They took the words out of mouth - beautiful and tasteful! One of the nicest home pool rooms I've ever seen. You and your wife are great decorators. I may have some posters you like on my website that are suitable for framing. I also have a lot of old time pool posters from long ago tournaments and exhibitions by some of the greats. They are not on my website, but I could send you a list.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice Ken, love the jukebox. I can remember when I was young they actually had mini jukebox'es right on the bar, so you didn't
have to even get out of your stool. I really like seeing other peoples rooms.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my poolroom with a Kim Steel pool table.
I never was good at decorating, more of utilitarian person.
In this pandemic time, a home table is a bless.

Pool room 1.jpg
Pool room 2.jpg

Last edited: