Votes: 57 28.9%
  • Wrong

Votes: 140 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
In the end, it will be the American pro players who will get the worst of it.

Just a thought. At what point do we hold the players accountable for their choice to support Bonus Ball? While I see your concerns and understand where you are coming from, nobody forced the players to be a part of the Bonus ball journey.

Whether their motivation is the possible financial benefit or their passion for the game, they made the ultimate decision to be a part of this.

Personally, I do not care either way so I did not vote. This is just what comes to my mind as i read the various threads.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
What the %^$#

That is a well-written post expressing your thoughts, Mr. Lutman. I kind of chuckled when you said "a group from Mars would come to Planet Earth," visualizing the purple and orange balls of this Bonus Ball pocket billiards game. As if pocket billiards doesn't have enough games to contend with. :D

Bonus Ball has already disrupted the pool industry with its scheduling. They could have accommodated already-existing events this season, and then next season, everybody could have worked around each other, including the American promoters. But Bonus Ball wants to cripple American promoters, thereby hurting American pool. That's how I see it.

Thanks for your post, though. I did enjoy the read! It was a heart-felt post. I liked it. :)

Jam..

I have been following most of the threads about Bonus Ball, and in each one you seem to have posted replies with you views. I also have been posting my views.

You are flipping faster then a fish out of water.

You really should go back and read some of your posts that you have submitted and you will see what I am saying.

Don

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jam..

I have been following most of the threads about Bonus Ball, and in each one you seem to have posted replies with you views. I also have been posting my views.

You are flipping faster then a fish out of water.

You really should go back and read some of your posts that you have submitted and you will see what I am saying.

Don

Could you please post your full name and age, so that I know who I am dealing with? You continue to reply to my posts on a regular basis. I would just like to know who I am communicating with before I reply to your recent post. Thank you in advance for your kind reply. :smile:

I surmise that you take pleasure in instigating anger and/or hurt by the tone of many of your recent posts, but I may be wrong. And I will admit it if I am.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought. At what point do we hold the players accountable for their choice to support Bonus Ball? While I see your concerns and understand where you are coming from, nobody forced the players to be a part of the Bonus ball journey.

Whether their motivation is the possible financial benefit or their passion for the game, they made the ultimate decision to be a part of this.

Personally, I do not care either way so I did not vote. This is just what comes to my mind as i read the various threads.

Great post.

tomgearhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the former promoter of Toledo's Glass City Open's a few years back, I went to GREAT lengths not to overlap any other promoter's tournaments. GREAT LENGTHS! Exasperating lengths!

As its promoter, I put a lot of time, effort, and money to ensure its success. I don't and didn't have millions to put into an event that would overshadow other events and thumb my nose at them.

I think that Bonus Ball should respect other promoter's efforts and work with them for the betterment of our sport. Because they have millions to invest and are seemingly oblivious to other promoters promotional dates, it is obvious to me that they don't care about any financial outlay that other promoters have put up to secure venues, advertising, players, and vendors.

BB should work in tandem with other promoters and help each other to have successful events.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you please post your full name and age, so that I know who I am dealing with? You continue to reply to my posts on a regular basis. I would just like to know who I am communicating with before I reply to your recent post. Thank you in advance for your kind reply. :smile:

I surmise that you take pleasure in instigating anger and/or hurt by the tone of many of your recent posts, but I may be wrong. And I will admit it if I am.

Why does it matter how old a person is?

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Name Rank and serial #

Jam.. My name is Don. I am 62 and retired. I live in Portland Oregon.

You are wrong. I have views just like you. While we do differ on some subjects about pool we can be sure of one thing. We both have a real passion for the game.

If there is any anger it is on your part. You don't see me posting in

huge letters to try and get my point across.

You are an outspoken person and so am I. No problem. We have clashed a few times on other threads.

There is just one difference between you and me that I see.

I will stick by my guns on what I have said in the past. You on the other hand seem to change your views often.

There you have it.

Don :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jam.. My name is Don. I am 62 and retired. I live in Portland Oregon.

You are wrong. I have views just like you. While we do differ on some subjects about pool we can be sure of one thing. We both have a real passion for the game.

If there is any anger it is on your part. You don't see me posting in

huge letters to try and get my point across.

You are an outspoken person and so am I. No problem. We have clashed a few times on other threads.

There is just one difference between you and me that I see.

I will stick by my guns on what I have said in the past. You on the other hand seem to change your views often.

There you have it.

Don :)

I did change my view on Bonus Ball, and for good reason. When I found out that they crapped all over Greg, knowing Greg's tournament dates, to include how they treated Greg Sullivan with a "no reply" after he shipped 10 Diamond tables to them at their request, yes, I have changed my view about Bonus Ball.

I am very loyal, much to my detriment sometimes. I have taken heat for it on this forum in the past when I have taken a stance with friends of mine.

If Bonus Ball does not change their schedule, then it will, at least for me, tarnish their mark in the pool world. Of course, this is only one person's view, but if you look at the numbers in this poll, it seems like I'm in good company, at least about this topic at hand.

If Bonus Ball changes their schedule, I will change my opinion. Yes, Don, again, I will change my opinion. Until then, their name is mud. :angry:

As far as writing in large letters, hey, I'd rather write in large letters than write with fushia colors. Sheesh! How manly!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the former promoter of Toledo's Glass City Open's a few years back, I went to GREAT lengths not to overlap any other promoter's tournaments. GREAT LENGTHS! Exasperating lengths!

As its promoter, I put a lot of time, effort, and money to ensure its success. I don't and didn't have millions to put into an event that would overshadow other events and thumb my nose at them.

I think that Bonus Ball should respect other promoter's efforts and work with them for the betterment of our sport. Because they have millions to invest and are seemingly oblivious to other promoters promotional dates, it is obvious to me that they don't care about any financial outlay that other promoters have put up to secure venues, advertising, players, and vendors.

BB should work in tandem with other promoters and help each other to have successful events.

Now here's some words of wisdom I respect. This is somebody who's walked the walk and talked the talk. Thanks for sharing, Tom! :)

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
This thread is so full of misinformation that it's beyond ridiculous. Since when does one person's speculation become fact? Almost nothing I've read in this thread is remotely close to true.

There are people busting their asses here at the WPBL studio and spending millions, all to make a better future for pool. It's 7am here right now, and I personally am just leaving work after an 18 hour shift, which I've done probably 40+ days straight now without a break.

Sure, you can be upset that we didn't schedule around Mark and Barry, and you're certainly entitled to not like the game, or the direction we are taking with it.

Those would be rational responses. However to go to such lengths to show blatant irrational hate for our efforts is outright pitiful.

I won't name names, but those who have stooped this low are likely losing sleep over this. Meanwhile, I'll be working, doing everything possible to make my contribution to this the best I possibly can.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is so full of misinformation that it's beyond ridiculous. Since when does one person's speculation become fact? Almost nothing I've read in this thread is remotely close to true.

There are people busting their asses here at the WPBL studio and spending millions, all to make a better future for pool. It's 7am here right now, and I personally am just leaving work after an 18 hour shift, which I've done probably 40+ days straight now without a break.

Sure, you can be upset that we didn't schedule around Mark and Barry, and you're certainly entitled to not like the game, or the direction we are taking with it.

Those would be rational responses. However to go to such lengths to show blatant irrational hate for our efforts is outright pitiful.

I won't name names, but those who have stooped this low are likely losing sleep over this. Meanwhile, I'll be working, doing everything possible to make my contribution to this the best I possibly can.

As will Greg Sullivan, Mark Griffin, and other American promoters, who have been doing it for much longer than you.

And let's not forget that Meximan said that originally, Bonus Ball was scheduled to run during the down times of other large events. What happened here? Changed course willy-nilly?

Greg Sullivan tried to help Bonus Ball, and this is how he gets repaid? It's a travesty.

FWIW, I bust my ass more hours each day than you, I've been up since 4 a.m., my time, and I work long 16-hour days. Don't cry me a river about how hard you work to make things happen. You're efforts are hurting American pool right now.

Change the damn schedule. Change it, I say. Change it now. :angry::angry::angry:

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does it matter to you that I want to know? Go somewhere else and write your words of wisdom. Jack somebody else around, will you? Leave me alone.

Leave you alone? lol, stop making threads on forums if you don't want people to answer them.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Thin Skinned

I did change my view on Bonus Ball, and for good reason. When I found out that they crapped all over Greg, knowing Greg's tournament dates, to include how they treated Greg Sullivan with a "no reply" after he shipped 10 Diamond tables to them at their request, yes, I have changed my view about Bonus Ball.

I am very loyal, much to my detriment sometimes. I have taken heat for it on this forum in the past when I have taken a stance with friends of mine.

If Bonus Ball does not change their schedule, then it will, at least for me, tarnish their mark in the pool world. Of course, this is only one person's view, but if you look at the numbers in this poll, it seems like I'm in good company, at least about this topic at hand.

If Bonus Ball changes their schedule, I will change my opinion. Yes, Don, again, I will change my opinion. Until then, their name is mud. :angry:

As far as writing in large letters, hey, I'd rather write in large letters than write with fushia colors. Sheesh! How manly![/QUOTE]

Jam.. I can see that you are very thin skinned. I am sure there are some on here who agree with your views and some may agree with mine.

I can accept that. It appears that you cannot.

So sit there on your throne and pretend that you are special.

How about this color? Does it meet with your approval?

Don :thumbup:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I know jam and some others think bonus ball did this maliciously.
This doesn't seem plausible to me.

What do they gain out of preventing someone from playing in any given tournament?
If anything, the scheduling snafu puts BB at risk because they may lose a top name player
that week. I'd be mad if I came to watch Corey Deuel and instead it's Teddy Garahan (no offense).

I doubt their goal is to wreck tournaments one by one until there's nothing left but bonus ball.
This isn't some villain with an evil master plan.

I think they simply want 26 weeks in a row without delays or unpredictable shifts.
They want something viewers can reliably tune into every week, vs "let me check and see if it's on".
At some point during a 26 week stretch you're bound to conflict with something, somewhere.
If the southern classic is the biggest (or only) tournament affected, they could have done worse.

I do agree this is a loaded poll, it's too black-and-white,
The scheduling conflict strikes me more as a necessary evil,
which is hard to label as flat out right or flat out wrong.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave you alone? lol, stop making threads on forums if you don't want people to answer them.

You're not answering my thread. You're asking me why I posed an interrogatory to another member? You seem to be jacking me on this thread at every turn. If you have something to say about this topic, then say it, but don't single me out.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Greg Sullivan tried to help Bonus Ball, and this is how he gets repaid? It's a travesty.

I'm sure he meant well, but it's not a favor when it comes with a massive price tag.

Bonus Ball was scheduled to run during the down times of other large events. What happened here? Changed course willy-nilly?

An unforeseen delay occurred, and given the sizable investment involved, delaying another 6 months wasn't realistic. What you're suggesting would be virtually setting fire to over $70k in lost rent, to help out a fellow industry person. A nice deed that would be, but not one that any sane person would do.

FWIW, I bust my ass more hours each day than you, I've been up since 4 a.m.

I wasn't aware that posting to AZB 24,000 times was considered "work" Jen.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Government Job?

As will Greg Sullivan, Mark Griffin, and other American promoters, who have been doing it for much longer than you.

And let's not forget that Meximan said that originally, Bonus Ball was scheduled to run during the down times of other large events. What happened here? Changed course willy-nilly?

FWIW, I bust my ass more hours each day than you, I've been up since 4 a.m., my time, and I work long 16-hour days. Don't cry me a river about how hard you work to make things happen. You're efforts are hurting American pool right now.

Change the damn schedule. Change it, I say. Change it now. :angry::angry::angry:

Jam.. You must work for the Government. Your on here at least 15 hours a day.

Don :thumbup: