Pool family loss

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron Marshall, longtime friend and excellent nine ball player from the Ventura/Oxnard Ca. area died suddenly this morning of complications from pneumonia. Ron spent a lot of time in the Sacramento Ca. area in the 1980's. I will miss him very much. My love to his wife Linda Marshall and family.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I'm very sorry to hear this. I played Ron many times at HardTimes and around the Southern Cal area. He was always a gentleman and a tough competitor.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Very sorry to hear Ron passed away, saw him in many local So. Cal. tournaments although never had the chance to play him. Thank you for letting us know.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
RIP old friend!

It is sad to hear this! I asked about him all the time, when I see Gerry Matchem and/or others! Hadn't seen him in couple of years though!
Rest in peace old friend!
Prayers are with his family! :frown:

g monster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have many fond memories of Marshall Man on and off the table. You we be deeply missed. My love and prayers go out to Ron and his family.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ron Marshall

Wow

Ron was a regular competitor at the jay Swanson memorial. Always a gentleman.

Very sorry to hear this.

RIP

Mark Griffin

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another good friend gone. I probably played Ron over 40 years ago for the first time. I think it was in Santa Barbara but I'm not sure. We had a real good match and became fast friends after that. Ron had GAME! He was a very capable player and had many wins over name players.

Best of all Ron was a great competitor, the kind of guy who would call a foul on himself. I never heard anyone say a bad word about Ron, and there aren't many people I can say that about, including me. Ron you were a class act all the way. Thanks for setting such a good example for young players on how to conduct themselves. You did it by never saying anything, just by being you.

Ron, you always had a good word for everyone. Thanks for being such a great guy and friend. It hurts to know I won't see you again. Rest in peace sir. :grin-angelic:

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very sad to hear this, although I didn't know Ron Well I had played him a few times in various tournaments over the years and always thought very highly of him.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sorry for your loss
condolences to his family and loved ones

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron

Sad news, I know you guys were close.

I often think about the time Ron beat me hill/hill and you, Ron and I discussed how I should have executed a safety that would have won the match for me.

A good guy who will be missed.