Shane wins his 5th US Open

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Shane! That was one of the hardest to win.

Last edited:

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WAY to Go SHANE!!!

You had one of the hardest field of PRO Players to get thru this tournament... BUT you did it... ConGrads on your 5th Open Title....

You told some of us at the SBE in Oaks, PA in the spring you really were going to do your best to get #5 US Open & you did...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane, on U.S.9 Ball Open Champion...FIVE!!!! for the 5th time. Johnnyt

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5hEQ28u.gif

Capture.JPG

14650766_10154599507428959_2010898372549629757_n.jpg

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have been saying that Shane is the best rotation player who has ever lived. With 5 U.S. Opens and even being able to win with this goofy break format, I have no doubt. Earl at his peak and Shane would have been a decent match, but in my opinion, Shane is the best ever.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I have been saying that Shane is the best rotation player who has ever lived. With 5 U.S. Opens and even being able to win with this goofy break format, I have no doubt. Earl at his peak and Shane would have been a decent match, but in my opinion, Shane is the best ever.

Can't wait to see Shaw over the next few years.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One has to admit that Shane is the best rotation player in the world at this moment. Maybe the best ever actually.

It is a shame that Earl can't keep his head on straight for more than a few matches in a row because all of the talent is still there. He just melts down way too frequently. He is his own worst enemy. Hence, he will be stuck on 5 and Shane will eventually surpass him- wouldn't be surprised if he does it next year.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
shaw really impressed me.

Can't wait to see Shaw over the next few years.

jayson shaw really impressed me and became one of my favorite players. after that come back against ko I was rooting for him to win the winners side.

I wanted the match between him and Shane to be the finals. then I would've been happy with whoever won. I will admit that I would've preferred still for shame to win because this was epic.

not only has Shane won the 50 percent of the us opens he's entered, he has won 4 of the last five. that is absolutely insane.

congrats Shane awesome job.

jaden

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the odds that Earl could win a 6th Open? If he could stop from melting down it is not totally out of the question. I wonder if Shane tying his record will inspire him to buckle down more mentally.

Of course, the odds of Shane winning a 6th are much higher than Earl ever getting a 6th.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
One has to admit that Shane is the best rotation player in the world at this moment. Maybe the best ever actually.

It is a shame that Earl can't keep his head on straight for more than a few matches in a row because all of the talent is still there. He just melts down way too frequently. He is his own worst enemy. Hence, he will be stuck on 5 and Shane will eventually surpass him- wouldn't be surprised if he does it next year.

I would put Wu and SVB at the top right now. Shane could end up being the best ever, but he's not there yet IMO.

Earl has no chance at his age to win another U.S Open or world title.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How cool would an Earl vs SVB final at 2017 Open be?!?!?!?!!!

that would be great. It would be possible if Earl didn't meltdown.

If he made it that far he would probably be playing great and then all of the sudden allow some strange thing to distract him and then he'd fall apart or forfeit. I wish it weren't so, but his track record over the past 10 years is so bad.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would put Wu and SVB at the top right now. Shane could end up being the best ever, but he's not there yet IMO.

Earl has no chance at his age to win another U.S Open or world title.

I don't think Earl's problem is age so much as his inability to hold it together psychologically. He finished 2nd in the World Straight pool and beat Orcullo in the Gotham City tournament recently.