carbide sanding mandrels, made to order.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I think ive finally got these mandrels how i like them. I have 5 sets being ground to size tonight. I lost most of the names of who ordered them, so please email me at snipershot028-at-gmail.com and tell me what size you want and what your address is and i wil get to work on them. As i said before, dont pay me for them until you get them, use them, and are happy with them. My pm box fills up too fast, so please email me. The names i do have are:

Maidenfreak
Whammo
Doubledcues
Blue hog rider

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joe

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Sorry, i forgot to npost a price, they are $240 a set, shipped and paypaled in the USA.

Joe

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mandrels

I hate to have to remind you how long its been so I won't :)

Mario

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I hate to have to remind you how long its been so I won't :)

Mario

Well, i hate to have to say this, but the mandrels are on hold indefinately. Ive made several sets and have a few test sets out there and the feedback hasnt been so good. The problem is the carbide i bought isnt very good. It might be a bad batch, but i cant ship em out like they are. The carbide must be very low quality, and unfortunately, they wont hold up to a lot of sanding. Im going to call the supplier monday and ask whats going on. I know people will be pissed, but i just cant sell these like they are. Im out a lot of money right now, and im not very happy about this either. Im glad i found out now, instead of after they got shipped. I will keep you posted on this. Thanks.

Joe

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, i hate to have to say this, but the mandrels are on hold indefinately. Ive made several sets and have a few test sets out there and the feedback hasnt been so good. The problem is the carbide i bought isnt very good. It might be a bad batch, but i cant ship em out like they are. The carbide must be very low quality, and unfortunately, they wont hold up to a lot of sanding. Im going to call the supplier monday and ask whats going on. I know people will be pissed, but i just cant sell these like they are. Im out a lot of money right now, and im not very happy about this either. Im glad i found out now, instead of after they got shipped. I will keep you posted on this. Thanks.

Joe

That being the case take all the time you need :)

Mario

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
That being the case take all the time you need :)

Mario

Thanks for understanding man. I just cant let junk outta my shop. Id rather have people disappointed that they wont get their mandrels yet, than be angry and let down by junk. I hope i can get this resolved.

Joe

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I know it feels like it Joe, but you failed neither yourself or us.

You tried to do something good for our little community at a reduced cost to us. For that I am sure I can speak for all of us and say thanks.

Its not your fault that the quality of the carbide wasn't up to par. And how would you know that until you got some.

Either way, I am taking a set to try them out. For the little bit of sanding I do and will ever do, I am sure they will last long enuff to get my money out of them.

Above all, you were honest about it right from the start and didn't try and put one over on anyone. Thats gotta be worth something.

In other words, You didn't leave a trail of hard feelings.

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I know it feels like it Joe, but you failed neither yourself or us.

You tried to do something good for our little community at a reduced cost to us. For that I am sure I can speak for all of us and say thanks.

Its not your fault that the quality of the carbide wasn't up to par. And how would you know that until you got some.

Either way, I am taking a set to try them out. For the little bit of sanding I do and will ever do, I am sure they will last long enuff to get my money out of them.

Above all, you were honest about it right from the start and didn't try and put one over on anyone. Thats gotta be worth something.

In other words, You didn't leave a trail of hard feelings.

No better words could be spoken about this. I have followed this thread and the others, as a potential buyer, and I fully appreciate the way Joe has conducted himself and commend him on his way of doing business. It takes a great person to send out a new product/prototype on the promise that if they like it,they will pay for it 30 days later.
There are a few on here that could take a couple lessons from this......and they know who they are.
Joe, I hope all works out and look forward to your final product. I hope the Pool Gods shine down on you on this endevor and any others you may embark on ;)
Happy holidays and a Merry Christmas,
Dave