So where is the Bonus Ball annoucement?

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nathan mentioned later this weekend - I may have missed it bit haven't heard anything.

I am getting interested in BB though - not a bad game at all.

Gerry

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy it too. Hope it continues. Thinking of attending a few weeks from now in fact. I also wonder what the announcement will be about

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It better be about a GOOD TV deal or something else that brings money in. Johnnyt

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I enjoy it too. Hope it continues. Thinking of attending a few weeks from now in fact. I also wonder what the announcement will be about

Still a few hours left in the weekend for us here in Vegas. Matches finished a couple hours ago. We just ate and are writing it now. I expect it to be sent out tonight, which means most sites will post it in their news in the morning (although it will likely go up on our site later tonight).

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From other posts on here by people that are close to some of the pros playing it, the big announcement will be that they are finally going to get paid up to date. According to them, some are owed over $4k at this point. ??????????

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still a few hours left in the weekend for us here in Vegas. Matches finished a couple hours ago. We just ate and are writing it now. I expect it to be sent out tonight, which means most sites will post it in their news in the morning (although it will likely go up on our site later tonight).

Thanks for the reply. Hope it is good news!

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the sake of the professionals, I hope it goes well. The first time I watched it, I didn't think I'd watch again. I watched some today though and kind of enjoyed it. But I love watching those guys play so much, I enjoy it whatever they're playing. I like the team concept but I honestly have to question if throwing in the new game is the right way to go. Time will tell. Like I said, if it benefits the professionals and means more pool to watch, I'm for it.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the sake of the professionals, I hope it goes well. The first time I watched it, I didn't think I'd watch again. I watched some today though and kind of enjoyed it. But I love watching those guys play so much, I enjoy it whatever they're playing. I like the team concept but I honestly have to question if throwing in the new game is the right way to go. Time will tell. Like I said, if it benefits the professionals and means more pool to watch, I'm for it.

The new game has them talking. They barely coach at all in the Mosconi cup. Most of the shots are obvious. The other guy usually just points with his stick where he wants the cue ball.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I didn't think I'd take it seriously at all (and for the record, I still wish they'd dress in more formal attire than faux-football shirts; I think it undermines them), but after watching it a bit, I'm quite surprised at how much it's grown on me.

Firstly, I love the defense/one-pocket style battles that a good amount of the matches result in. Secondly, there is a lot more strategic variation; the commentators are often disagreeing with what the players are doing, and the players will also have big disagreements. Like said above, there is a lot more coaching. Of course this is down to the new rules which the players still don't understand completely.

Nine ball and eight ball are so robotic as the players are so good that it's pretty stimulus-response. This isn't the case with Bonus Ball. I like that.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I didn't think I'd take it seriously at all (and for the record, I still wish they'd dress in more formal attire than faux-football shirts; I think it undermines them)

Agreed. Please get these guys in some nice polo's. I can't take the cheesy jerseys seriously and I don't think I'm the only one.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From other posts on here by people that are close to some of the pros playing it, the big announcement will be that they are finally going to get paid up to date. According to them, some are owed over $4k at this point. ??????????

I heard through the grapevine they were supposed to be paid in full today, but now that date has been pushed up. Some of the BB players have threatened to walk if they don't get paid in full.

Similar to the IPT? Well, in some ways, it is worse. What is sad about the players this time is that they have actually moved to Vegas for this venture, only to see it crash and burn before it takes off.

I follow NASA pretty regularly. They have subbed out their manned spaceflight missions to commercial entities. Before a launch, everything is gone over to the nth degree. If something looks wrong, they postpone the flight. Quite the opposite has happened with BB. As we can now see, they are making it up as they go along, i.e., rescheduling willy-nilly that hurts American promoters, changing their start dates, and now the players not getting paid.

Remember when the IPT said they would be saved by the gambling magnate Ho? Well, I would venture to guess BB will be coming out with a smoke-and-mirrors similar to this, just to keep those BB players in Vegas.

My homeboys Brandon Shuff and Mike Davis have both moved to Las Vegas. I hope they have enough money to eat and pay their rent wherever they are. Then there are players who moved here from the other side of the pond, like Darren Appleton. They have been singing the praises of BB. Poor Brandon had been stung by the IPT qualifiers as far as his personal investment and now this. Doggone shame! :(

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If this is true (players not paid in weeks) it is the beginning of the end of Bonus Ball. There is only one reason not paying employees happens and that's the money is dried up and or investors are pulling out. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true (players not paid in weeks) it is the beginning of the end of Bonus Ball. There is only one reason not paying employees happens and that's the money is dried up and or investors are pulling out. Johnnyt

Six weeks of play and no pay. Kind of hard to be excited about Bonus Ball with this kind of press.

To add insult to injury, they are supposed to pare down the teams, i.e., get rid of some of the players.

Anyone who knows me from my writings on AzBilliards is well aware that I am always an advocate for the pro player. If I were them, I would run, not walk, from Bonus Ball. They need to lick their wounds and move on. It's a wrap.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hard to buy into the not paid line... Frost had a pocket full of hunerts in Tunica and he swore it was all BB money and everyone had been paid..

Or did they just pay Scott?? Stevie was there early and based on his comments they HAD to have paid him in full....

Chris

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of the time Tom Green and Monica Lewisky held a big press conference with tons of media to announce that they would be making their announcement TOMMORROW!

Lol!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of the time Tom Green and Monica Lewisky held a big press conference with tons of media to announce that they would be making their announcement TOMMORROW!

Lol!

I transcribed her deposition when she testified before the Senate committee. I don't know how Clinton got through this ordeal, but he did. In his own party, it was Senator Lieberman, the only Democrat, who spoke out against Bill Clinton for creating this blemish to the Office of the Presidency. I always admired Senator Lieberman for taking this stance, kind of like Rudy Giuliani did speaking against his own Republican Party. Guys like this that go against their party lines for what they believe is right do have integrity.

Maybe Bonus Ball will do the right thing in the end and pay everyone. It appears they may be running out of steam. Just like the haphazard scheduling and postponement of numerous start dates, this isn't surprising. I definitely feel bad for all those involved. :frown:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I transcribed her deposition when she testified before the Senate committee. I don't know how Clinton got through this ordeal, but he did. In his own party, it was Senator Lieberman, the only Democrat, who spoke out against Bill Clinton for creating this blemish to the Office of the Presidency. I always admired Senator Lieberman for taking this stance, kind of like Rudy Giuliani did speaking against his own Republican Party. Guys like this that go against their party lines for what they believe is right do have integrity.

Maybe Bonus Ball will do the right thing in the end and pay everyone. It appears they may be running out of steam. Just like the haphazard scheduling and postponement of numerous start dates, this isn't surprising. I definitely feel bad for all those involved. :frown:

That is cool as heck. I really liked Monica. I was hoping the upcoming announcement that you had inside info on was that Keith was going to play bonus ball. :)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Nothing on BB site yet. Probably re-writing it for the 10th time now that it seems like people in the know have let the cat out of the bag. I'm going to bed. Johnnyt

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I heard through the grapevine they were supposed to be paid in full today, but now that date has been pushed up. Some of the BB players have threatened to walk if they don't get paid in full.

and now the players not getting paid.

Remember when the IPT said they would be saved by the gambling magnate Ho? Well, I would venture to guess BB will be coming out with a smoke-and-mirrors similar to this, just to keep those BB players in Vegas.

Well, you know how well that Grapevine has worked in the past.

Anyone who knows me from my writings on AzBilliards is well aware that I am always an advocate for the pro player.

Darn right you are. I believe that you refer to the pro players as Dancing Monkeys.

Last edited: