TAR: Please for the future

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please make these guys change shirts, clothes if they are going to play 3 days straight. My god every time there's an event they wear the same shirts, pants everyday. I know they got sponsors, but they do have multiple colored shirts from their sponsors.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares what they wear?

A more valid complaint is 9 ball winner racks for themselves resulting in the same runout nearly every time. That should be amended next time.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For The Future: I'd like to see 9-ball, loser racks. Let them pattern rack away. That's the game us 9-ball league players play. And get Joe Tucker commenting again, even if he has to Skype in. He's a great commentator for what regular guys are facing...

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

A more valid complaint is 9 ball winner racks for themselves resulting in the same runout nearly every time. That should be amended next time.

Way to crash an otherwise potentially interesting thread topic.

Freddie <~~~ thinks Corey should have had different colored arm sleeves

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's prob how Shane wants to play!! No offense to TAR but what Shane wants Shane gets.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's prob how Shane wants to play!! No offense to TAR but what Shane wants Shane gets.

lol, if this was true every TAR match would be a 10-ball race to 100.

Shane comes off as one of the less fussy players out there. I didn't see the match, but from the break stats I saw the rules favoured Corey as much as they did Shane - he just couldn't run out behind his break as often as Shane could.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please make these guys change shirts, clothes if they are going to play 3 days straight. My god every time there's an event they wear the same shirts, pants everyday. I know they got sponsors, but they do have multiple colored shirts from their sponsors.

seriously...This is a real complaint lol Who gives a $hit lol

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I could'nt care less.....put em in bicycle shorts and flip flops.

I'm more intrested in why Justin kills the mic in pre game warm-ups. I want to hear what these guys are saying. Keep the sound on.

In the "Big Head/Big Ear" pre game, Jayson was woofing at Mike, and just when it was getting good, Justin killed the audio......That's more annoying to me than anything they're wearing.

It's PPV for crying out loud.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member

this is just plain dumb. The only reason they were playing rack your own with pattern racking and break from anywhere is because that's the only way Corey even had a chance and the only way Corey would consider playing Shane. He invented the soft break and pattern racking and he still got thumped.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member

You're missing the point a little bit. Most TAR matches are 10 ball with the magic rack. This was specifically set up because the TAR guys had an idea that they'd like to see the guys play 9 ball basically how it was before rules were implemented to take away the soft break. Since that is what made Corey famous it kind of made sense. I don't know if they'll be going back to it again, but I found it interesting in that I've never really seen that before. When Corey broke the first time and all the balls just kind of laid out there below the side pockets and open I was amazed. You never get to see that anymore. It was also interesting because even though the patterns were there for the taking he couldn't always get out. I liked it.

As for what they are wearing...who cares.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reason they were playing rack your own with pattern racking and break from anywhere is because that's the only way Corey even had a chance and the only way Corey would consider playing Shane.

If something isn't done about the pattern racking, viewers will lose interest in watching TAR matches. Corey is a great player but it's boring to watch him run the same 9-ball layout over and over again.

Next time, I will vote with my feet and pass on a 9-ball PPV match with Corey in it.

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
If something isn't done about the pattern racking, viewers will lose interest in watching TAR matches. Corey is a great player but it's boring to watch him run the same 9-ball layout over and over again.

Next time, I will vote with my feet and pass on a 9-ball PPV match with Corey in it.

That's only the second time it's came into play on a TAR match and that's because the opponents challenged SVB to play that way. The Donnie Mills match was predicated on the pattern/soft break and SVB outran that one too. You won't see many matches played with that format and it's still cool to see every so often.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
That's only the second time it's came into play on a TAR match and that's because the opponents challenged SVB to play that way. The Donnie Mills match was predicated on the pattern/soft break and SVB outran that one too. You won't see many matches played with that format and it's still cool to see every so often.

Exactly. That's what I was trying to say in my post, but you put it much more succinctly.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Can I request that everyone on TAR has to break 8ball opposite handed, second ball. Makes for some of the sickest outs ever!!!!

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I really liked the rules when When Earl played Shane in 9 ball- having the 9 ball on the spot made it quite interesting. If not for Earl basically forfeiting at 63 all (or so, I can't remember exactly), it would have been a very suspenseful ending. What a shame.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Didn't bother me.
In pro sports, players often have a uniform, and nobody bats an eye if they wear it several days in a row.
Presumably they wash it in between or have multiple copies.

It would look much worse if they were wearing casual clothes.
If Shane's wearing his "I got crabs at Humpy's Crab Shack, Anchorage Alaska" T-shirt
three days in a row, it looks like he doesn't bathe and people think "wow, pool is super ghetto".

But if he wears his nice colorful sponsor polo and only for 3-4 hours a day,
and maybe washes it to boot, that's not so bad looking. I've seen guys look worse
than these two, in the TAR studio.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

if-my-calculations-are-correct-youre-an-idiot.jpg