OLD SUBJECT dress CODE

tony frank

THE TRAPPER
Silver Member
I recently watched a semi final match between 2 very well known pros in a big bucks 10 ball tourney on one of the many video channels now available. A partial view of an adjacent table also often came into view. One of the features pros was well dressed, however continually displayed an obvious disgust with his game and displayed much ATTITUDE - good shots were not good enough - poor position or miss brought on many gestures and negative hand / body movements. The other pro was more docile, however had a tee shirt on with an obvious rip = cut off shorts and a backwards baseball hat - all obviously well worn out. Occasionally an adjacent player - although not named / but easily identified came into view - with thong footies - no socks - short shorts - baggy sweat shirt - unkempt hair and mannerisms. SEMI FINALS HUH

What a very sad display for the cream of our crop !!!!!!! Thank goodness For Erie PA
GOLD CROWN BILLIARDS where the real billiards life exists. Hope that Paul does not throw in the towel some day. We don't need any more nails driven into the elegant, precise and pleasurable sport.

Frenchy

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While personal responsibility cannot be dismissed here, the fault lies with the tournament directors. Most events have a dress code in place. It is the responsibility of the tournament officials to enforce it. If there was no dress code in place, there should have been.

Tobermory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a restaurant yesterday which has a buffet. It is a rather nice restaurant, not at all down scale. When I went to the buffet, there was a man serving himself who was wearing a nicely pressed, tattersall, button-down-collar shirt. He had on a pair of dress slacks neatly pressed. His shoes were shined to a high gloss. He had on a nice belt that did not come from Wal Mart. I looked around at the other customers in their jeans and rumpled chinos and collarless shirts. I thought to myself, "That guy couldn't stick out more if he were wearing a silk top hat."

I have said for some time that after the tournament directors get the PLAYERS in line on a dress code they can start to work on the SPECTATORS.

But I live in 1953.

tony frank

THE TRAPPER
Silver Member
I'm in 1953 right beside you. We live in a rural area - where time perhaps has not progressed along with the big cities. Our weekly garbage trash truck operators / pick up handlers look better then most patrons of a pool hall or in fact the competitors - which is an insult to so many including, proprieters, youngsters and women.

TRAPPER always gets the pelts !!! LOL

Chops02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd be more concerned if the guy on the adjoining table were wearing flip flops with socks instead of without. haha

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I'd love to know what you feel they should be wearing...

Was this on espn or Fox Sports? I must have missed it.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Paul's Hall Rules only extend to people at his hall.
Pic of Paul's son playing pool in a bar while on vacation, with dad.
Just look at him. Obviously a Gang Banger.

I don't need Shower Sliders. I'm rather rich from the Biz and bought a package of rubber flower stickies for the tub bottom.

Attachments

• Paul S - son with a head band playing pool..jpg
    Paul S - son with a head band playing pool..jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Hogg Ridr.

I do not mean to get you wound up. I have tried my best to explain the importance of a dress code in an inoffensive way.

Are you a smart guy? Figure it out. I do not allow people to wear bathing suits at Gold Crown in Erie. If my place was right on the beach, bathing suits would be completely appropriate and would be acceptable. Where we were was in perfect keeping with the location, the establishment, and what we were doing.

Knowing how to dress appropriately to match the place, times, and activity is its own special skill. It is also important to honor the rules of private business.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Paul, I am all for a decent dress code for pool tournaments. Also agree with you re certain tee shirts, Satanic Messages, filthy words etc. That is your right and I respect that.

But, as a Biker, if I feel like wearing either a leather or thick nylon padded riding jacket when out riding, I will obviously take it off when entering an establishment. But if I am refused entry because I am wearing one, totally different. I quite often will wear a hoody underneath for extra warmth but that also comes off. I don't walk around with the hood up.

I did save that picture for one reason. And, I don't want to to particularly call you a hypocrite but have since wondered as to why you didn't hold your son to the same standards when entering another mans establishment that you expect others to afford you when entering yours.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must have been looking to buy a pair, huh? I dont blame you. If I had your bankroll I'd splurge a little too.:eek:

No, I never liked them, even back when I was living in Europe and they were all the rage. I was just trying to point out that you don't need a subscription to "Prisonworld" magazine to know about slides.

Lou Figueroa