Chinese 8-ball event in LA

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that are interested, per the promoter spectator seating is $50 (no Final) or $128 (including Final). A bit steep IMO for a game that is not very popular in the US.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that are interested, per the promoter spectator seating is $50 (no Final) or $128 (including Final). A bit steep IMO for a game that is not very popular in the US.

And what should end up being a 3 day event is stretched out to 7?! :bash:

No thanks.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll put the over & under at 30 players. Unless they pay the entries for a bunch of local guys to fill out the field. I'll be very curious to see how this plays out. $15,000 for first and $500 for second? :rolleyes:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

that is way too steep. I was thinking of going but probably won't now.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
If I had to guess.... Being foreigners they have little skill in getting the word out in the US.

Also, if I had to guess, it looks like there is enough money behind the event that it will not simply evaporate.

Has anyone tried the emails given above? Perhaps Daniel could fill us in on the progress/gossip at the venue.

I haven't been there since Monday of last week. I've tentatively booked peter@unitprospect.com to do a live interview with us on POV Pool during our Hard Times, Live Stream on October 7th in Bellflower, CA. Honestly, I have not been promoting aggressively for obvious reasons. The group has not campaigned with me directly nor asked to take advantage of my reach. Streaming is apparently going to take place by a Chinese company.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this starting tomorrow?

SVB pondering it....

SVB.jpg
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/chinese8ball/)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you are out of your element -trying to put on a tourny, get some locals on your team. Even if they are 2nd class. Having half assed local knowledge in general a nd on the culture is far more important than having the technical ability to put on an event (which there is no real visible indication of being a success so far either=that i I've seen)..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spoke with Tang Hoa last night. He said there were sixteen players left out of the original 48 players who started the tournament. The stories we heard about 70+ players were just that - stories!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with Tang Hoa last night. He said there were sixteen players left out of the original 48 players who started the tournament. The stories we heard about 70+ players were just that - stories!

Hey -Without those stories, they probably only would have gotten 20 or so :)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are they basically keeping this tournament a secret? They should post info about streaming and brackets on social media and on here.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this a first time thing for them? Maybe they do not know how to go about things when doing an event in the US. Honestly, I was way more focued on the American 14.1 to even care about this. and I like Chinese 8 ball.

interesting to see gareth potts making the trip. I know the answer would be no, but someone should ask him if he plans on making the trip to the us international 9 ball open. that would make for some interesting betting lines.