Republican pool player

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Watching the Republican Presidential Town Hall tonight with Anderson Cooper.
Dr. Ben Carson said for relaxation he plays pool. His wife is also a pool player,
and if he doesn't concentrate she could beat him. Is he looking for AzB voters?

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the Republican Presidential Town Hall tonight with Anderson Cooper.
Dr. Ben Carson said for relaxation he plays pool. His wife is also a pool player,
and if he doesn't concentrate she could beat him. Is he looking for AzB voters?

Good for him.
I'm glad he has a way to relax.
Neurosurgeons are under a lot of pressure.
He sounds like a nice guy.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he plays. :smile:

Yes, he is a very nice guy. :smile:

Met him at Johns Hopkins when I was doing research there.

No, I didn't play him. Just met him. :(

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well at least he shoot pool and did not shoot people

Unlike the satanic Dick Cheney who shoots people.
Yes, that's right
He shot his friend
Yes, that's right
And in the face , some more !

no.jpg

:smile:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well at least he shoot pool and did not shoot people

Unlike the satanic Dick Cheney who shoots people.
Yes, that's right
He shot his friend
Yes, that's right
And in the face , some more ! ..
Well, yes, but his friend was a lawyer. And it was only bird shot. And the friend apologized.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for him

He is probably the most decent person we have running for president, The fact that he likes pool is a good thing. After watching the short video of him i would like to play him for money!!!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decent?

He is definitely one of the most ignorant people running...

Interesting notion.

When is the last time any of the other candidates did neurosurgery? From my observations none of the other candidates would have what it takes "upstairs" to become a physician let alone a neurosurgeon. As a medical educator is is part of my profession to make that kind assessment every day. Admittedly I have not personally interviewed any of them, their resumes are well known and they have all been interviewed numerous times for the public.

The accomplishments of the other candidates are minuscule compared to his, mostly because they would be incapable of accomplishing anything at the level he has already. Even if one of them becomes president, his accomplishments already exceed theirs.

There are many aspects to ignorance I suppose. From my perspective he is without doubt the brightest candidate. That has nothing to do with whether I like his politics or him personally.

I suppose you feel he is ignorant on issues or politics? Certainly he is ignorant of politics. Thank gawd.

What is interesting to note is that the ignorance he might have on issues seems to be shared by the other candidates. None of them are very astute or well versed in anything they talk about as far as political issues from what I have seen.

But anyway, he does play pool. I have no idea if any of the others do. :wink:

Why is this feeling like NPR? LOL! :grin::grin::grin:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
From my perspective he is without doubt the brightest candidate. That has nothing to do with whether I like his politics or him personally.

For being as bright as you say, he's said some very stupid things. He's probably a good person and probably very good at what he does but he doesn't strike me as bright. The saying "it's not brain surgery" is worthless now.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For being as bright as you say, he's said some very stupid things. He's probably a good person and probably very good at what he does but he doesn't strike me as bright. The saying "it's not brain surgery" is worthless now.

Yeah, he's not a very good politician, and that's a good thing. However, he can spot any pool player about 50 IQ points and still rob him blind. ;)

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I expect this thread will land in NPR or somesuch, but what the heck.

When Carson first entered the race, I thought he was far and away the best Republican candidate. He seemed at first to be a moderate, like me, and he's a frickin' brain surgeon, so obviously the guy is smart. And he's a political outsider, which I also consider a plus.

However the more I heard him speak, and the more research I found on things he's said in the past, I really struggle to reconcile the smart brain surgeon with the idiotic things he's said. Most of them seem to be fueled by his religious beliefs. How do you reconcile a scientist (neurosurgeon) with such a strong belief in creationism over evolution? How does he say things like:

- Congress should be able to remove judges for voting for marriage equality
- Being gay is a choice because prison turns people gay
- There’s no such thing as a war crime
- College campuses should be monitored for liberal political speech
- Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery (I'm no fan of it, but really?)
- Joseph (Jesus' "dad") built the pyramids for storing grain. The idea Egyptians built them to bury pharaohs is nonsense.

All of that sounds like the rantings of a whacko to me. So I'm at a point (again) where I cannot in good conscience vote for either party in this election. Not sure what I'll do.

Full Disclosure: I am no Obama fan. Never voted for him, although I did hold out hope that he would be a good president once elected. I tend to vote conservative, but am a moderate with some specific liberal views. Last election I voted for Gary Johnson. I'm a gun owner with strong anti-crime/pro-death penalty views and believe in small government. At the same time, I'm pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, pro-immigration, and pro-legalization. I'm really closer to Libertarian but refuse to adopt a party.

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
I expect this thread will land in NPR or somesuch, but what the heck.

How do you reconcile a scientist (neurosurgeon) with such a strong belief in creationism over evolution? How does he say things like:

- Congress should be able to remove judges for voting for marriage equality
- Being gay is a choice because prison turns people gay
- There’s no such thing as a war crime
- College campuses should be monitored for liberal political speech
- Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery (I'm no fan of it, but really?)
- Joseph (Jesus' "dad") built the pyramids for storing grain. The idea Egyptians built them to bury pharaohs is nonsense.

All of that sounds like the rantings of a whacko to me..

I think the attached video might answer your question about intelligent people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg