Mr 600

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this was about who shoots better pool, Danny would probably be on top. But it isn't. This topic has nothing to do with which forum member is or once was the better player or who flicked a chalk cube or rustled a piece of paper.

It's become a giant and ridiculous strawman arguement by a group who for some very deep rooted psychological reasons, want the 626 run to have never happened.

If the Superbowl was played last night and we all missed it, each of us would have a guess about whether team A or team B won. The next day we'd find out who was right.

The arguement here is that we don't know who won the game yet but you think team A won last night, and if I think team B won I am a gullible moron who believes things with no evidence. Furthermore, team B could not have won because you heard their second string QB illegally parks in handicap spaces and players today have more comfortable shoulder pads than Bart Starr and artificial turf is a Chinese conspiracy and OJ was framed.

There is very clear evidence of the deep seeded bias/hatred/jealousy on one side here...yet those people keep suggesting anyone who thinks 626 might have happened is biased or controlled by some mysterious force. It's almost hard to watch the mental spiral.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure OJ's son did it. There's several books on that. Also f#$% the Packers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since y'ens AZB 'psychiatrists' are just giving records without rules, then the JS626 would only get him to a third place tie. See the real record holders below. JS needs to begin a new pursuit since he needs the record to satisfy his ego. Others just need to stay on subject without name calling the opposition.

Arthur "Babe" Cranfield, straight pool, 768 balls, unofficial, during a practice session (for legitimacy issues, see his witnessed 450 and 420 runs below)

Tom Parker, straight pool, 642 balls, unofficial, as told to Dick Leonard; may not have be witnessed by other individuals from beginning to end

Michael Eufemia, straight pool, 626 balls, unofficial, may not have be witnessed by other individuals from beginning to end (but he was said to run 200 balls nearly every night!)
What's that have to do with OJ, or Bart Starr?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Since y'ens AZB 'psychiatrists' are just giving records without rules, then the JS626 would only get him to a third place tie. See the real record holders below. JS needs to begin a new pursuit since he needs the record to satisfy his ego. Others just need to stay on subject without name calling the opposition.

Arthur "Babe" Cranfield, straight pool, 768 balls, unofficial, during a practice session (for legitimacy issues, see his witnessed 450 and 420 runs below)

Tom Parker, straight pool, 642 balls, unofficial, as told to Dick Leonard; may not have be witnessed by other individuals from beginning to end

Michael Eufemia, straight pool, 626 balls, unofficial, may not have be witnessed by other individuals from beginning to end (but he was said to run 200 balls nearly every night!)
This is exactly what I was talking about Danny. We aren't giving anyone anything yet. We are waiting for the video just like you. It's as simple as us having bet on a different horse than you in a race that hasn't been run yet. He either did or didn't make 626 in a row. What I think probably happened is no more or less valid than what you think happened.

Although to be honest, assuming it happened is a little.less bat$hit crazy than thinking it was some faked event conspired by Chinese BCA puppets....but they are entitled to their speculation too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There you go, propping your contention up with a claim about rules. You don't know the details of mosconi's run.

You don't know the details of mosconi's run.
While I believe it is likely he played a very clean game in general, we aren't speaking of his game- in general- but of a single specific event. You don't know the details of mosconi's run.

You don't know the details of mosconi's run.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same story, different day.
I don't give a $hit about Mosconi's run!!!
You are losing it! You are losing it! You are losing it! Uh oh, You lost it!

So you are just here to oppose the potential 626?

All comment I've made about your failure to acknowledge our lack of knowledge about the details of Willie's run have been in response to your contention John's was not of the same standards.

I am past the point of thinking you might lack the intelligence to defend your position.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now you're contradicting yourself.

Where is your evidence about ruleset mosconis run was accomplished under? if under the assumption that it is so beacuse that is how he played / they played at the time...you're not applying the same standards to both players.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today the world record marathon was run in 1hr 59min and 40 seconds
However the Guinness book of world records said they will not consider it a world because it wasn't a real race ,,
Hummm

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
JS626 will be playing in American Straight Pool event (22-26 Oct)-his first straight pool tournament since 626 record https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6494773&postcount=2

Will there be extreme pressure on him to win this event?
Will he be given a rock star reception ?
Will the players be asking about the "video"?

:)

It has been quite a few months now since John was doing his high-run attempts and was in great form. I'm not sure he has played much since then. It will be interesting to see how he does.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had never heard of this Danny guy before this thread, and I guess I wish I had never opened it. I’ve seen some pretty stupid threads on here but this one takes the trophy. What’s the point of all this arguing? If you don’t agree with the folks who have seen and verified the video, and that’s your right and fine by me, then wait until it’s released. Until then it’s just a bunch of chest thumping and one guy trying to prove he’s the tallest midget.

Danny played cleaner pool than just about everyone. For some reason he didn't get the rolls. I watched plenty of him play and it seems like many were jealous. Huge break, great fundamentals, great touch. John Schmidt doesn't impress me.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Danny played cleaner pool than just about everyone. For some reason he didn't get the rolls. I watched plenty of him play and it seems like many were jealous. Huge break, great fundamentals, great touch. John Schmidt doesn't impress me.

Wow, this post is a little hard to fathom.

Even at his best, there were at least twenty five guys who played the patterns better than Danny. He made up for it by shooting unbelievably straight even by pro standards. Danny was a rare talent indeed, with some of the better fundamentals any of us have ever seen. Danny reminded me a bit of Johnny Archer, who ran balls like the wind without playing textbook straight pool, and managed to recover from pattern play errors with phenomenally accurate shooting.

Danny has every right to be counted among the straight pool greats of this generation, but if you think he played the cleanest straight pool relative to his contemporaries, you are mistaken. Yes, I look forward to hearing from Danny that I can't make a ball in the ocean and that I don't know what I'm talking about, and he'll be badly mistaken. No doubt, I'll be deemed a spreader of fake news, and a participant in a worldwide conspiracy to hide the truth, and I'm fine wit that.

John Schmidt is a much, much better pattern player than Danny ever was. and John's short position play is as good as I've ever seen. To clarify, that means better than guys like Mizerak and Sigel. If John doesn't impress you, nobody will.

As for your attempt to make excuses for Danny, the rolls really have no relevance. To paraphrase Irving Crane [over a pool lifetime, you get half the rolls]. I've watched hours and hours and hours of Danny playing 14.1, and don't recall him getting any more or any less than his share of luck relative to his opponents.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
thanks

Thank ya'll for the kind words, I feel my bank game and 3 cushion is as good as it's ever been and what I learned from the 3 cushion - I has helped out my bank game tremendously. As for the rolls we make our own rolls - nodeflect, I could have long discussions about the word 'luck'. :) Please lets remember this ain't bout me. So they (the powers that b) say the video of their elusive 626 will be available to public - someday, if it takes 3-5 yrs for the release then we (the honest purist of 14.1 'hawks of truth') will all wait patiently - UNTIL THEN - Willie Mosconi STILL holds the official record 526 - i don't care what any puppet on a string say's either i.e. (bca, nytimes) obviously they are in cahoots with his new overseas cue sponsor (predator). If one or two of ya'll think it happened - without him cheating - then that's cool as yer entitled to your opinion - even if it's politiclly motivated - but I am set in stone on my opinion. I mostly play billiards :) these daze' - due to the fact that bar box is the only form of competition in my area -(.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Wow, this post is a little hard to fathom.

Even at his best, there were at least twenty five guys who played the patterns better than Danny. He made up for it by shooting unbelievably straight even by pro standards. Danny was a rare talent indeed, with some of the better fundamentals any of us have ever seen. Danny reminded me a bit of Johnny Archer, who ran balls like the wind without playing textbook straight pool, and managed to recover from pattern play errors with phenomenally accurate shooting.

Danny has every right to be counted among the straight pool greats of this generation, but if you think he played the cleanest straight pool relative to his contemporaries, you are mistaken. Yes, I look forward to hearing from Danny that I can't make a ball in the ocean and that I don't know what I'm talking about, and he'll be badly mistaken. No doubt, I'll be deemed a spreader of fake news, and a participant in a worldwide conspiracy to hide the truth, and I'm fine wit that.

John Schmidt is a much, much better pattern player than Danny ever was. and John's short position play is as good as I've ever seen. To clarify, that means better than guys like Mizerak and Sigel. If John doesn't impress you, nobody will.

As for your attempt to make excuses for Danny, the rolls really have no relevance. To paraphrase Irving Crane [over a pool lifetime, you get half the rolls]. I've watched hours and hours and hours of Danny playing 14.1, and don't recall him getting any more or any less than his share of luck relative to his opponents.

Very true. Besides all the 626 business John has played some serious pool.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today the world record marathon was run in 1hr 59min and 40 seconds
However the Guinness book of world records said they will not consider it a world because it wasn't a real race ,,
Hummm

I think there was also the matter of artificially ideal conditions (why does that sound soooo familiar, lol).

Flat course.

Mostly straight.

Date for the attempt chosen for low humidity and cool temp.

He had pace runners all along the way who also ran in front of him to block any wind.

And, he was wearing special technology shoes from Nike that the company says will make anyone run faster.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'

Last edited: