joined the moose lodge today to play pool

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
60 bucks a year for a membership, about 1 mile from my house. a nice little valley 7 foot table to play on. free pool on Tuesdays, 3 ball tournaments on Sundays. steak and shrimp dinners on Friday nights for 10 bucks. Champagne brunch on Sundays for 10 bucks. and It seems like im the youngest guys there at age 61:smile::smile::smile:

and the bar. forget about it. cheap, stiff drinks. I dont drink, but just watching the bartender pour and can tell they are healthy.

kind of nice going from my tight ass diamond to a valley. almost everything goes in.

just looking to play some pool in a nice environment.

im ready to start gambling, so If your in the area, come in as a guest and lets get it on. :grin-square:

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago in central Illinois I remember some guys stacking a team for a moose championship. I wasn’t a local thing, they used to say the tourney was a big deal, I moved away before I actually got any idea what they were talking about. But I’d look into it if I was the op.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. Valley coin operated bar table. Been around since 1945. ????????

Attachments

• B0909E50-AC2A-42D6-86E5-17E8FCA06DD8.jpg
    B0909E50-AC2A-42D6-86E5-17E8FCA06DD8.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 387

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
60 bucks a year for a membership, about 1 mile from my house. a nice little valley 7 foot table to play on. free pool on Tuesdays, 3 ball tournaments on Sundays. steak and shrimp dinners on Friday nights for 10 bucks. Champagne brunch on Sundays for 10 bucks. and It seems like im the youngest guys there at age 61:smile::smile::smile:

and the bar. forget about it. cheap, stiff drinks. I dont drink, but just watching the bartender pour and can tell they are healthy.

kind of nice going from my tight ass diamond to a valley. almost everything goes in.

im ready to start gambling, so If your in the area, come in as a guest and lets get it on. :grin-square:

I go to a VFW hall that is v similar.

So glad I don't feel playing on a 7 footer is beneath me. Would have missed a lot of pool and good times.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry. Now I get it. Valleys are not nice tables. 😂😂
Buena Park moose lodge.

They're not Diamonds but some Valleys can play pretty close with the proper rails and cloth and a good mechanics care. I play in a tournaments a few times a year at a firehouse that has 6 Valleys that are immaculate. Really great diverse group of guys. Ron, who takes care of the tables is a fanatic.

Still like 9 foot GC's though.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
They're not Diamonds but some Valleys can play pretty close with the proper rails and cloth and a good mechanics care. I play in a tournaments a few times a year at a firehouse that has 6 Valleys that are immaculate. Really great diverse group of guys. Ron, who takes care of the tables is a fanatic.

Still like 9 foot GC's though.

I'd much rather play on a Valley than the damn Gandy 8'ers I play on on Tuesdays. My goodness I hate those tables! And yeah, I love my 9' GC too.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry. Now I get it. Valleys are not nice tables. 😂😂
Buena Park moose lodge.

I think they’re fine if they’re maintained well. They’re normally “bucket” pockets and not consistent table to table like Diamond 7’ tables, but most of us who play barbox pool grew up on Valleys. The Ridgeback Rails are a nice modification.

A local bar has three Valley tables in very good condition. Free pool daily.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some of the Moose Lodges in this region of the country, not unlike some of the poolrooms, have huge break & run pots with their weekly tournaments, which have attracted numerous very good players to becoming members just for that reason, even though the weekly tournament purses don't amount to much. Some of them had to start limiting the number of raffle tickets players will allowed to purchase once the pots got built up, as some players were buying hundreds of tickets just for the chance of being picked.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll shoot on a Valley any day.

Some Diamond tables are good but some aren't so good just like a Valley.

PA has a great Moose State tournament every year.

Great tight Valley tables are used.