"I'll take 'POOL FINALLY ON TV' for $1000, Alex"

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Love'm or hate'm, the 'Fighting Pool Player' Blair Thein has finally begun filming his sizzle reel last week at Best Billiards in Las Vegas and has teamed up with PioneerTV (http://www.pioneertv.com) to launch a "pool and hustling" reality series. The initial filming was comprised of an eclectic cast of bad ass gamblers and quite a bit of chirping.

Many know Blair for his development of "Pool, Poker & Pain," his fusion of high-stakes pool, poker and cage fighting. PPP recently partnered with the number one poker agent and agency in the world and Blair has brought on Eclipse Advertising (http://www.eclipsead.com) to brand PPP in preparation for its launch.

If you've been following Blair in trying to get PPP launched, you know it's been a long time since its announcement (many years). Sometimes a few setbacks can help one call a timeout, re-huddle and then put you in position to score... and score big. After a few very-close misses, Blair stepped away from pool for one year to regroup with a bad-ass MMA team in Melbourne (World Class MMM & Fitness). He has recently been involved in promoting 6 MMA events in order to get experience and now it looks like it's all panning out.

As of now, he has production interest in THREE shows that would involve gambling, hustling and pool in some form or fashion.

I've always been a fan of Blair and his relentless determination and never-ending resolve to fight to get PPP and his other shows produced. Out of nowhere, a number of firms come along and say...."We'll take'm all."

Fighting from the bottom sucks and grinding in business from the bottom equally sucks - and Blair fights from the bottom like God.

It'll be fascinating to see if his initial round of filming blossoms into a tsunami of pool-related shows in the near future. I certainly wish him the best of luck.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it the same theme that he was working on a year or so ago? I think Dennis Hatch and Rodney Morris were involved.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Hypothetically, what happens when Pagulayan wins the poker and pool, but gets his skull crushed by Dennis Hatch. Is Pagulayan still the winner even though he's dead?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hypothetically, what happens when Pagulayan wins the poker and pool, but gets his skull crushed by Dennis Hatch. Is Pagulayan still the winner even though he's dead?

I think he was using "Alex" referring to the Jeopardy host, as in Alex Trebek. ;)

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally!! It looks like all of these reality pool shows will out around the same time. I'm ready for the huge influx of people to the pool world. :thumbup:

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I think he was using "Alex" referring to the Jeopardy host, as in Alex Trebek. ;)

Yes, I know, but I was using Alex Pagulayan as a hypothetical competitor in this event who would have a good chance at 2 out of 3.

Ruark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambling and hustling? Uh, do we really need this? I thought we were struggling to get AWAY from that perception. That's just what our sport needs: a pool version of Sons of Anarchy.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambling and hustling? Uh, do we really need this? I thought we were struggling to get AWAY from that perception. That's just what our sport needs: a pool version of Sons of Anarchy.

"Sons of Anarchy" is actually one of my favorite TV shows right now. :embarrassed2:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you've been following Blair in trying to get PPP launched, you know it's been a long time since its announcement (many years). Sometimes a few setbacks can help one call a timeout, re-huddle and then put you in position to score... and score big.

You said it. Sometimes it takes some hardship to get things finally done.
Think Bonus Ball.

Great job, PPP. Never give up or give in, no matter the obstacles.

"If you want it bad enough, and you put in the time, you can achieve it." -Lee Trevino

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Love'm or hate'm, the 'Fighting Pool Player' Blair Thein has finally begun filming his sizzle reel last week at Best Billiards in Las Vegas and has teamed up with PioneerTV (http://www.pioneertv.com) to launch a "pool and hustling" reality series. The initial filming was comprised of an eclectic cast of bad ass gamblers and quite a bit of chirping.

Many know Blair for his development of "Pool, Poker & Pain," his fusion of high-stakes pool, poker and cage fighting. PPP recently partnered with the number one poker agent and agency in the world and Blair has brought on Eclipse Advertising (http://www.eclipsead.com) to brand PPP in preparation for its launch.

If you've been following Blair in trying to get PPP launched, you know it's been a long time since its announcement (many years). Sometimes a few setbacks can help one call a timeout, re-huddle and then put you in position to score... and score big. After a few very-close misses, Blair stepped away from pool for one year to regroup with a bad-ass MMA team in Melbourne (World Class MMM & Fitness). He has recently been involved in promoting 6 MMA events in order to get experience and now it looks like it's all panning out.

As of now, he has production interest in THREE shows that would involve gambling, hustling and pool in some form or fashion.

I've always been a fan of Blair and his relentless determination and never-ending resolve to fight to get PPP and his other shows produced. Out of nowhere, a number of firms come along and say...."We'll take'm all."

Fighting from the bottom sucks and grinding in business from the bottom equally sucks - and Blair fights from the bottom like God.

It'll be fascinating to see if his initial round of filming blossoms into a tsunami of pool-related shows in the near future. I certainly wish him the best of luck.

That pioneertv.com website doesn't disclose this development (unless I'm ADD :eek:). Dave, when/where might it air? Is this a biz precursor for Blair to "make his bones" and prove PPP is worthy of moving forward?

FWIW, Alex the Lion can jump 18 feet in the air and would put a flying roundhouse dropkick tomahawk on Hatch - so brutal - Hatch would fly into the next century.

Go Blair! SOB has got some nuggets.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
FWIW, Alex the Lion can jump 18 feet in the air and would put a flying roundhouse dropkick tomahawk on Hatch - so brutal - Hatch would fly into the next century.

lol, but seriously, I think I remember an interview with Alex where he said he got into lots of fights when he was younger and never quit. I think he said that if someone ripped off two legs and one arm, he'd keep coming back like the Black Knight in Monty Python!

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
I would much rather watch any kind of Pool on TV than Poker, it's boring to me, except for those cute girls in short dresses that the camera seems to get some good angles on while they are counting up all the chips LOL:eek:

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
After my road trip i have the Hollywood crew coming to Vegas to film me for the day, should be interesting....to say the least.

Proud of Blair and what he has been doing, pool now has a chance if we make this as big as pawn stars, gold rush Alaska, duck dynasty etc...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The general public would never watch a pool show about nice people shooting balls in while playing great position to make it look like they are doing nothing special.

MapleMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't it the gambling of the Hustler and Color of Money that brought life into the game. I don't think that element needs to be thrown out. Today's TV people love characters. Gamblers tend to be characters.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Bravo.

And I fully agree that the seedy side needs to be shown. As I've said on here many times before, CONFLICT is what creates entertainment and interest.

Get people hooked into the conflict of the pocket billiards sub-culture FIRST. Then they might be more willing to watch SVB run a quiet 7-pack in a televised pro invitational tournament.

Remember, people nowadays are like lemmings, to an extent. Every single reality show that's force-fed to us.....and is SUCCESSFUL.....is based upon conflict.

Even "Duck Dynasty", which generally teaches a moral lesson, shows prayer, etc......is woven thru conflict between family members.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he prefaced his musing with 'hypothetically'!

I believe the pain only enters the equation in the event of a tie...meaning Alex better win poker and pool or run out at pool and then run out after poker!

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member

Ill bet Harley sales are way up since that show came on. Ive seen all kinds of wannabe bikers with their SOA hoodies on riding brand new sportsers. Pool will never shed that hustler/gambler image. We should embrace it, because inside most bar bangers is a secret desire to be able to hustle someone.

Joe