Team CSI vs Team USA | Wed Nov 20 @ 5pm ET / 2pm PT

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was the score at? I had league and last I saw it was between Bergman/Thorpe and Boyes/Dominguez in doubles.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So done for tonight because they have messed up streaming abilities? Seems like that shouldn't have been an issue.

LOL, won't be watching at work.

Disappointing.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been many streams from Griffs before with no issues. Too bad. I was really enjoying the commentary of Nick Schulman and Jeremy Jones together. And the pool wasn't too shabby either. :grin:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep, the 4 ball is the "new" pink color. The 5 ball is no longer orange, it's purple, just like the "old" 4 ball that needed, apparently, to be changed to pink because purple was hard to see on TV. Makes sense, right?
I assume we're talking about these, which were just announced for the Mosconi Cup:

CropperCapture[414].jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So the match score was 2-2 what was the doubles set score at when they had problems?

The Bergman/Thorpe vs. Boyes/Dominguez match was over, with Boyes/Dominguez winning 5-3. That was match #4, taking the match score to 2-2. They then took an intermission, planned to be about 30 minutes. Over an hour and a half later, they announced the resumption was postponed, because of technical problems, until Thursday at 11 am local time.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bergman/Thorpe vs. Boyes/Dominguez match was over, with Boyes/Dominguez winning 5-3. That was match #4, taking the match score to 2-2. They then took an intermission, planned to be about 30 minutes. Over an hour and a half later, they announced the resumption was postponed, because of technical problems, until Thursday at 11 am local time.

OK Thank you

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Yep, the 4 ball is the "new" pink color. The 5 ball is no longer orange, it's purple, just like the "old" 4 ball that needed, apparently, to be changed to pink because purple was hard to see on TV. Makes sense, right?

Makes about as much sense as outing a milk bucket under a bull.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume we're talking about these, which were just announced for the Mosconi Cup:

View attachment 534943

Some British higher-ups hate the color orange. This has lead to the banning of orange In certain British companies from equipment to uniforms.
I’m assuming Matchroom is following suit with this design that they requested. According to the commentary in the first match, Ms. Frazier mentioned that the change was final and the players would have to step into modern times and adjust.

The Society of United Irishmen was formed by liberal Presbyterians and Anglicans in Belfast in 1791. It sought reform of the Irish Parliament, Catholic Emancipation and the repeal of the Penal Laws. By the time the Orange Order was formed, the United Irishmen had become a revolutionary group advocating an independent Irish republic that would "Unite Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Order

I always assumed this was why there is no orange ball in snooker.

With orange being a primary color, there is no physical/logical reason to eliminate it from the game of pool.

https://billiards.colostate.edu/bd_articles/2017/may17.pdf

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some British higher-ups hate the color orange. This has lead to the banning of orange In certain British companies from equipment to uniforms.
I’m assuming Matchroom is following suit with this design that they requested. According to the commentary in the first match, Ms. Frazier mentioned that the change was final and the players would have to step into modern times and adjust.

The Society of United Irishmen was formed by liberal Presbyterians and Anglicans in Belfast in 1791. It sought reform of the Irish Parliament, Catholic Emancipation and the repeal of the Penal Laws. By the time the Orange Order was formed, the United Irishmen had become a revolutionary group advocating an independent Irish republic that would "Unite Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter".

With orange being a primary color, there is no physical/logical reason to eliminate it from the game of pool.

is orange a primary color?

red + yellow?

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, I'd like to see someone put a milk bucket under a bull. Those balls - yuck.

We had an interesting tour of Belfast last summer, learned a lot, saw a lot - was surprised to find out the issue with the color orange is indeed real. Kind of hard to put into context having not lived through any of what any of those involved lived through (and those issues are still very much alive) and after all it should just be a another color, but isn't always seen that way.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
My next set will probably be Centennials.
This 4/5 BS is beyond stupid.

As for the 9 ball, that's been around for a long time. I can't remember who made the ball but Bert had a 9 like this in the videos he made decades ago.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My next set will probably be Centennials.
This 4/5 BS is beyond stupid.

As for the 9 ball, that's been around for a long time. I can't remember who made the ball but Bert had a 9 like this in the videos he made decades ago.

Raschig (sp)

I like the black instead of white on the stripes, but they should have stuck with traditional colors.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who doesn't hate orange??!! And blue too! Garnett and Gold baby!!!

I'm monochromatic color blind so I kind of enjoy listening to you folks complain about the colors of the balls.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You really think is the reason?? Sounds a tad far-fetched to me. Do you think the Brit soldiers stationed in India that invented snooker gave a rat's ass about the Orange Order? Its possible i guess but i kinda doubt it.

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Good thing it's only a warm up/ practice session. Working out a lot kinks before the actual match helps everyone. Also, not a fan of the new balls, it will take some time to get used to these monstrosities.
f78d9b9b40dfdb414a9f5e59f934afe1.jpg