Darren's 8-ball World Pool Series April 5-8

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The website is fantastic. One of the moat professional looking pool websites I've seen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren's on to something here. This tour has a real chance to grow. IPT-type pool with brains and integrity at the helm. The first one was great. Will definitely be watching round 2

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Free streaming starts at 10 am local time (NYC) with these two matches:

UNILAD Arena -- Keith Bennett vs. Tony Robles

WPS Facebook -- Damianos Giallourakis vs. Ben Crawley

HurdyGurdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren's on to something here. This tour has a real chance to grow. IPT-type pool with brains and integrity at the helm. The first one was great. Will definitely be watching round 2

Nick Varner's commendation was awesome, focused, low-key. I also liked when Mick Hill and Chris Melling sat in as quests in the booth; their pattern analysis was eye opening, inspiring.

Whom ever is responsible for the free stream--Thank you, ahead of time.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
The bracket is up now: http://www.worldpoolseries.com/wps/tournament-calendar/livescoring-and-brackets/

Looks like a good field, but 14 players short of Darren's objective of 96.

Top USA players missing include Van Boening, Dechaine, Bergman, Strickland, and Hatch.

The rules Darren used last time have been tweaked a bit more, e.g., narrowing the break box to about 6" wide off of either side rail.

Should be a good event!

I think it will be a great even. I enjoyed the hell out of the last one. I'm just puzzled by some of these Americans not showing up. I know Dechaine is out of pro pool for now and Shane is fishing in SD after winning the Expo, but kinda surprised the other guys aren't there. We always hear there aren't big tournaments on US soil on big tables, but here's one and some top Americans are staying home. They're independent contractors so to each their own, but it's interesting. The tournament being in NYC probably makes a more expensive trip. Maybe that has something to do with it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it will be a great even. I enjoyed the hell out of the last one. I'm just puzzled by some of these Americans not showing up. I know Dechaine is out of pro pool for now and Shane is fishing in SD after winning the Expo, but kinda surprised the other guys aren't there. We always hear there aren't big tournaments on US soil on big tables, but here's one and some top Americans are staying home. They're independent contractors so to each their own, but it's interesting. The tournament being in NYC probably makes a more expensive trip. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Just guessing here but Bergman is probably taking a week off before Houston and WhiteDiamonds. Both of these events pay BIG with the calcuttas. As for Earl and Hatch i couldn't care less. Wish SVB was there but glad he's getting a little outdoor break. Being inside all the time gets old for sure. He'll be at WD shootin' at that big stack they always have for sure.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bracket is up now: http://www.worldpoolseries.com/wps/tournament-calendar/livescoring-and-brackets/

Looks like a good field, but 14 players short of Darren's objective of 96.

Top USA players missing include Van Boening, Dechaine, Bergman, Strickland, and Hatch.

The rules Darren used last time have been tweaked a bit more, e.g., narrowing the break box to about 6" wide off of either side rail.

Should be a good event!

Its almost shameful. Many top European pro's came to the US for this event, and the top US pro's don't bother to show up. We know sure as shit the US guys NEVER travel to the Eurotour events, but to not show up to a home turf event?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
10:14 and no nuttin'

10:24 -- same nuttin'

10:36 -- same

10:46 -- same

c. 10:50 -- message "Few internet problems will be fixed very shortly thanks for patience"

11:18 -- not yet

11:32 -- message "Live stream will be up at 2.30pm
Sorry for delay"

c. 11:53 -- message "Internet fine was just a lighting problem"

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the stream URL? This is incredibly frustrating

We're supposed to be able to just click on the orange "WATCH" button, but apparently they are running behind.

(and communicating with us is not top priority)

Last edited:

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're supposed to be able to just click on the orange "WATCH" button, but apparently they are running behind.

(and communicating with us is not top priority)
AtLarge---thanks for the info. Yeah, I tried that and no dice. Guess I will try again until it works.
Thanks for the Update.