James Aranas' hairdo: Cool, uncool, or WTF?

James Aranas' hair

• Cool

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Uncool

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • WTF

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember when my mother wouldn't go out in public with me if I wore blue jeans. This is youth, this hairdo. If he thinks it's cool, let it be. :)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The do

I have to confess...I took the WTF option on the poll.

That’s not a hairdo....it’s a HAIRDON’T.

I am pretty sure that somebody else put that up for him and he never had a good look at it before he was on camera.

With the dye job and that do or don't he certainly seems to have nailed the lady boy look! If he went out to eat and have a few drinks after play without rearranging hair a bit he might have gotten some interesting attention.

Hu

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully he more or less had to do it to keep hair from falling in his eyes-I definitely would not hang with him if that was his every day wear.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Who wore it better....James Aranas or James Arness

Attachments

• 476860DD-0A7E-48B9-93CF-D06AB26BDCB7.jpeg
    476860DD-0A7E-48B9-93CF-D06AB26BDCB7.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Bamabox

I voted uncool for a simple reason. It’s a distraction to his opponent. Opponent got to be thinking wtf with this guy? Potential headgame (pun intended) to make opponent lose focus on the task at hand. Not cool. Come to the table like a normal human being, dressed appropriately.

JC

Coos Cues
I came home from work one day and my HS age son had some buddies over and one of them I didn't know looked like that.

He didn't introduce himself to me. Didn't even look up from his video game controller to acknowledge me.

As I continued on through the room I said "WTF is that". From the next room I heard the ones I did know laughing and telling him "I told you he was going to rag on you dude"

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who the hell cares what he does with his hair? I thinks it's horse crap that the TD made him take his hat off. What if it was a sponsor's hat? It's possible that he could have been getting paid to wear it.

I don't get the reasoning behind banning hats. If it is to "class up" pool, just stop. This isn't golf. It never will be, and trying to make it like golf for the last 40 years hasn't made it any more viewer friendly?

How about modeling it after poker? Mic them up, let them wear what they want, and let them have a personality instead of just acting like robots dressed as golfers.

Take Mosconi Cup for example. Look at the excitement generated in the crowd. That's due, in part, to the fact that the players actually show personality. Compare that to normal tournaments. They show zero emotion (usually), and sit in their chair like mannequins. Who TF wants to watch that? Nobody...and that's exactly who IS watching pool.

When you watch the finals of tournament like Turning Stone on a live stream, It's a big deal if 1,000 people are watching.

Quit trying to make this golf. It ain't working.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Who the hell cares what he does with his hair? I thinks it's horse crap that the TD made him take his hat off. What if it was a sponsor's hat? It's possible that he could have been getting paid to wear it.

I don't get the reasoning behind banning hats. If it is to "class up" pool, just stop. This isn't golf. It never will be, and trying to make it like golf for the last 40 years hasn't made it any more viewer friendly?

How about modeling it after poker? Mic them up, let them wear what they want, and let them have a personality instead of just acting like robots dressed as golfers.

Take Mosconi Cup for example. Look at the excitement generated in the crowd. That's due, in part, to the fact that the players actually show personality. Compare that to normal tournaments. They show zero emotion (usually), and sit in their chair like mannequins. Who TF wants to watch that? Nobody...and that's exactly who IS watching pool.

When you watch the finals of tournament like Turning Stone on a live stream, It's a big deal if 1,000 people are watching.

Quit trying to make this golf. It ain't working.

Pretty sure they wear hats in Golf.:shrug:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I voted uncool for a simple reason. It’s a distraction to his opponent. Opponent got to be thinking wtf with this guy? Potential headgame (pun intended) to make opponent lose focus on the task at hand. Not cool. Come to the table like a normal human being, dressed appropriately.

Lololol if that's all it takes to distract you I might suggest playing in a Morgue or perhaps Church.

One of the nicest guys in pool and is only there to play, doesn't care about anything but playing, not the rules, color of the cloth, WHAT HIS OPPONENT IS WEARING, or what sex they are, just wants to play.

Thay made him remove his hat(which one would assume was his sponsors hat Roy's Basement) it's not his fault he had to do something with his hair. Like they say - play stupid games, win stupid prizes.