Tip question for Becue owners

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a new Becue and really like the feel and hit. It came with an ultraskin tip and I was just wondering if any of you owners could suggest a replacement tip that you found to work better for you. Thanks in advance for any input that you can provide.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a new Becue and really like the feel and hit. It came with an ultraskin tip and I was just wondering if any of you owners could suggest a replacement tip that you found to work better for you. Thanks in advance for any input that you can provide.

The Ultraskin Med tip that comes standard on the BeCue held up fairly well and preformed better than I expected. I only changed one out to a Kamui Black med tip, which plays similar but gets a little harder over time (which I prefer). So if you don't replace with the same Ultraskin med, I'd go to Kamui med, or Kamui black soft (if you want to go a little less on the hardness as you work down the tip.)

On a bright side, I've never seen tips last as long as they do on the BeCue....I'm not a drill chalker and I rarely scuff/tip pick/gator grip/etc...and I'm still on the first tip on each of the BeCue shafts I have whereas I would've already gone through a replacement when I compare play hours on my previous wood shafts.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Becue came with a 5.1 shaft and it had an Ultraskin Medium, which wasn't to my liking. I could have shot with it, but I wanted something a bit softer. I changed to an Ultraskin Soft and I think it is way better (for ME, that is).

I then got a Prime shaft (one of the original models, not the M) and ordered it with an Ultraskin soft. I like the way it plays, too.

I have no plans on going to any harder tips on them or changing brands.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I have an original edition of the Becue with the Ultraskin. These tips need to be broken in. I suggest you play with it and break it in first, then decide if you want something else. My squishy, too-soft Ultraskin became my favorite tip of all time (on my favorite cue of all time).

FYI I am selling my beloved JossWest soon with about 10 shafts, regular and LD, because I like the BeCue so much.

wibo

Registered
I have a Kamui Black Soft on my 5.1 (11.6mm) and a Kamui Black Super Soft on the PrimeM (12.5mm) because I feel like a Kamui Black Soft feels harder on the larger diameter.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I was considering changing my tip but after a full night's use tonight I'm going to stick with the ultraskin medium for a while longer.

eNkel

Registered

I'm curious, when did you order yours?

"We" ordered Dec 13th and since then Alessandro isn't answering anymore regarding an estimate delivery date.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious, when did you order yours?

"We" ordered Dec 13th and since then Alessandro isn't answering anymore regarding an estimate delivery date.

My friend who ordered Prime-M at the end of November got his one just yesterday so I would guess you are 2-3 weeks from yours being sent to you ;)

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all of you for your response. I'm not unhappy with the ultraskin tip, I just wanted the opinions of other Becue owners as I will be replacing my tip at some future date.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to the holidays the plant was closed for almost a week. They are back open this week and getting caught up.

On the Tip Preference I have seen everything from Kaumi SS to S to Medium. I was set on Kaumi Clear Medium for all of my shafts at one time. I'm now happy with the Ultraskin Medium. But it is a personal preference and each does change the feel of the hit slightly. I will say I tried SS on other LD shafts and hated the feel BUT on the Becue Prime shafts it felt good. Just my observations.

wibo

Registered
I have been changing since about 2 months, because the hit with Kamui Black SS on PrimeM is terrible. First, I tried the Kamui Brown M, but that's too hard for me. Afterwards I mounted the Navigator Alpha M and that is really nice.

dakol

Registered
I too was thinking about changing the tip on my Prime M 12.0 So far I"m not a fan of the ultraskin M and I've always had a G2 tips. Question though, the clear part under the tip with the ultraskin, is that part of the tip or some sort of ferrule that stays when changing tips? Also, can any competent tip shop change these tips or do they need some sort of specialize equipment?

wibo

Registered
Is the ferrule system the technology to close the shaft. I change the tip myself, so it should not be a problem to change the tip. Incidentally, I now use a Navigator Alpha Tip, because the hit is much better than with a Kamui Black Soft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Ultra-skin black soft on my Becue shafts and, to me, it plays way better than the mediums.

FWIW, I like those soft tips on all my shafts.

I just put one on my new Gulyassy PHX shaft this week to replace the milk dud that was on it. The difference was NIGHT AND DAY. The PHX shaft matches up with the soft tip really well and the shaft played lights out.

Not every tip is for everybody. Some people like real hard tips with a lot of bounce and some people like softer tips. I hit the ball WAY HARDER than most people do today, but I control the speed of the cue ball by staying near the center and shooting a lot of stun and kill shots, instead of trying to finesse and spin the ball all over the place. The soft tips allows me to do this way better than a harder tip. Also, the soft tip will really "juice" the cue ball if you need to do some traveling.