John Guffy cues?????

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a chance to purchase a 3 point John Guffy cue with veneers and was wondering if anybody on here can give me any info on them. Like the hit and so on. Are they expensive cues and do they hold their value somewhat......mike

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
cueball1950 said:
I have a chance to purchase a 3 point John Guffy cue with veneers and was wondering if anybody on here can give me any info on them. Like the hit and so on. Are they expensive cues and do they hold their value somewhat......mike

Good cues by a good cuemaker. Not particularly expensive and should hold value well. I heard he's quit making cues. John was a good player and is in his mid 50's now.

Good cues by a good cuemaker. Not particularly expensive and should hold value well. I heard he's quit making cues. John was a good player and is in his mid 50's now.

I heard a long time ago (I am guessing over 10 years ago) that he quit making cues, and became a furniture maker. I also heard that some of his cues were made by Viking. I am very curious how to tell the difference between the real customs, and the ones that Viking made? Thanks

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John still gets around. Very good player, loves 3 cushion. Sells furniture for last twenty years or so. Doubt he makes furniture, but if he did it would be nice furniture. Had a strong relationship with Jim Ingram, also of Okc. Believe he actually played pro a long time ago. Not sure what games he played then. His sneaky petes were great, I have one. I now play with a Murry Tucker sp. NO it's not for sale! His cues I would say are pretty rare.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John still gets around. Very good player, loves 3 cushion. Sells furniture for last twenty years or so. Doubt he makes furniture, but if he did it would be nice furniture. Had a strong relationship with Jim Ingram, also of Okc. Believe he actually played pro a long time ago. Not sure what games he played then. His sneaky petes were great, I have one. I now play with a Murry Tucker sp. NO it's not for sale! His cues I would say are pretty rare.

They were sold in Muellers one time back in the mid 90s, I still regret not snagging one. :frown: